Enlightenment | Page 3 | INFJ Forum
To not use higher cognitive functions of mind like discrimination which enables person to discern between right and wrong or to not use judgment and proper decision making is equivalent of numbing your intellect down. Mine intent wasn't to disrespect anybody's view but to show inconsistency and flawed logic.

Sure, I am glad that you are open to discuss :)
Perhaps it is best to lead with an explanation of that mindset as to avoid others misperception of intent. First rule in great communication is providing clarity to the receiver.

Perhaps it is best to lead with an explanation of that mindset as to avoid others misperception of intent. First rule in great communication is providing clarity to the receiver.

I agree but also at the same time people who jump into this discussion should also be aware of possible deflections and projections from their own side because it is very touchy topic and can lead to emotional disturbance.

Reactions: Ren and BritNi
Being guided by teacher can be of big help but it is not essential because reading and contemplating about true Buddha's teachings and ideas is enough. Then one starts developing supermundane 8 fold path when right views are established after which person comes into Sotapanna stage that is attained by removing first feather out of 10 feathers in total. There is good quote that Buddha said about how to walk the path : "Monks, be islands unto yourselves, be your own refuge, having no other; let the Dhamma be an island and a refuge to you, having no other..." which means that person should mainly rely on him self and Dharma(emphasis on teachings) that he previously questioned and found for him self that they lead to enlightenment as described by Buddha.

What you call hidden eye in the darkness or "The All Seeing Seeingness" is just awareness. Buddha said that consciousness, awareness or Self(Atman) is another illusion that mind clings onto. He clearly said that all of 5 skhandas (where consciousness is fifth one is also without essence and that it is empty which means that it lacks inherited independent existence on its own to exist). What you describing is Moksha or enlightenment as described in Hinduism which is realization of pure awareness or jivanmukta. That is not true enlightenment, that's not nirvana.

I am not talking about analytical purifying of habitual tendencies with aim to become better citizen, but rather that establishment of right views enables person to come in contact and purge accumulated emotional energies in subconscious mind by bringing them into conscious awareness and letting go of negativity which results in dissolution of Ego and identity and eventually liberation.

You seem pretty defensive and closed off and I understand you. You have been probably for some time on path and you are now in stage where you think that you have figured out most of the things. So these topics are probably threatening for your status quo which is also evident in your passive-aggressive responses.

You sure you are not talking about yourself here?

I can tell for sure that you are not enlightened my friend and that you have not been where I have been nor are you where I am. Quoting texts and belittling others paths and teachings shows the arrogance the ego often gains when it becomes “spiritual” without a guru. You make your own interpretations and focus on your own conceptual mind’s semantics. That is not seeing.

I agree but also at the same time people who jump into this discussion should also be aware of possible deflections and projections from their own side because it is very touchy topic and can lead to emotional disturbance.
This makes no sense

Reactions: April and BritNi
You sure you are not talking about yourself here?

I can tell for sure that you are not enlightened my friend and that you have not been where I have been nor are you where I am. Quoting texts and belittling others paths and teachings shows the arrogance the ego often gains when it becomes “spiritual” without a guru. You make your own interpretations and focus on your own conceptual mind’s semantics. That is not seeing.

Can you point in my replies where I proclaimed that I am enlightened? I still have a long way to go and a lot of effort to put in to come become liberated.

I was not belittling other paths I was just pointing out their wrongness. There is a reason why first part of 8 fold noble path is "Right Views", which serves person to distinguish between whats right and whats wrong, what to follow and what to not. If someone points you out that knife is dangerous and that you shouldn't play with it because you may get yourself hurt, in what way is that person arrogant?

You are making this discussion personal without wanting to learn something new.

I had two teachers under which I was learning for few years and time comes when person needs to let go of teacher and move on his own.

This makes no sense

Read @TheFool replies, especially last one. I would say that is fully evident what I said to you.

Dunno which path you have been on but you have not walked any of the yanas you mention here. You are just sharing your own interpretation of some illusory Goal, created by your mind. That is why a guiding teacher is so essential. He / She looks right through your bullshit and tells it as is.

The best way to enlighten oneself is to die/dissolve consciously. Then once “you” cease to exists, the hidden eye in the darkness is revealed. That is what the path you talked about is about. It is a direct path without flowers and happy hugs. It teaches you to dissolve consciously into the divine ecstasy. Not to analytically “purifying” your ego’s tendencies and behavior in order to become a better citizen. The path dissolves your thoughts, your body, your senses and your whole universe so that only that which cannot be dissolved remains; The All Seeing Seeingness.

Person can test out ideas and practices from other sects(like vayrajana and mahayana) without going through initiation or giving oath. First you learn about teachings, question them and then try. From my own experience and also what I noticed in others is that they lead to more delusion, greed, hate and thats why I stopped with them.

Going through initiation is just exclusivness, rites and rituals.

Good news everyone:
Enlightenment is overrated

Nah, enlightenment is only goal worth pursuing, everything other in life only leads to more pain and suffering.

Nah. Cookies lead to happiness. So do puppies. Other stuff too. Like hugs. Do you need a hug?