Enlightenment | Page 4 | INFJ Forum
hug me pls
*hugs you*

#soon
giphy.gif

A little humility and more compassion please.
:<3white::<3white::<3white:

What does it mean to be enlightened?
*big hug*
Did you know that sloths can swim faster in water than they can move on land?
There you are that much more enlightened (unless you knew that already).
JK
There are numerous definitions, from the spiritual to the religious.
To awaken to the true nature of reality though is the basic definition.

I say it’s all very personal and subjective and to argue one path over another defeats the idea(s) you are trying to attain.
:<3white:

*big hug*
JK

I say it’s all very subjective and to argue one path over another defeats the idea(s) you are trying to attain.

Ooooh, thank you! *Hugs back*
I love your hugs!

Also... Thank you for that enlightenment. I did not previously know that, actually. ... Makes sense though. Lol.

Also, I trust your response. You're awesome, Skare. Thanks again.

... I'll wait with arms open for more hugs, should anyone else feel up to it ... ❤️❤️❤️

Guys! Where's mine? =(

Also. What does it mean to be enlightened?

To be enlightened is to be free from delusions, greed and hate.

*big hug*
JK

I say it’s all very subjective and to argue one path over another defeats the idea(s) you are trying to attain.

Even that we are experiencing life subjectively and have subjective opinions of how life functions, that doesn't mean that are no objective truths and infallible natural laws that govern universe. To become enlightened is to first align yourself with natural laws(God's Will) which brings love and tranquility to mind and then penetrate into Ultimate nature of reality which leads to liberation and end of suffering.

Not every path teaches how to achieve this properly so it doesn't make sense to put all paths under same category.

Even that we are experiencing life subjectively and have subjective opinions of how life functions, that doesn't mean that are no objective truths and infallible natural laws that govern universe. To become enlightened is to first align yourself with natural laws(God's Will) which brings love and tranquility to mind and then penetrate into Ultimate nature of reality which leads to liberation and end of suffering.

Not every path teaches how to achieve this properly so it doesn't make sense to put all paths under same category.

With all due respect, @Dado, but I don't understand a lot of the points you're making.

What's objective about God's will?

Everything you're saying sounds pretty subjective to me.

I dunno...

To be enlightened is to be free from delusions, greed and hate.

In all honesty I don’t agree but I still respect your viewpoint and passion you have about it.
I DO agree with the freedom from delusion, greed, and hate.

As far as laws governing the universe - we have no clue how the universe works as humans.
We can only register and measure about 4% of what is actually out there...the other 96% is unknown by science other than “dark matter/energy”
That 96% could literally be spirit itself...it could be almost anything.
We have lots of religious texts with instructions on doing this or that - one can find peace and enlightenment on many pathways imho, you don’t have to agree with that.
As far as getting into subjective opinions and objective truths we don’t know anything at all.

I no longer debate religious or spiritual semantics, sorry...each to their own.

With all due respect, @Dado, but I don't understand a lot of the points you're making.

What's objective about God's will?

Everything you're saying sounds pretty subjective to me.

I dunno...

Let's assume that you believe that you can fly. That's your subjective opinion, but if you try to jump from house, reality will show you that that is not true. In same way there are natural laws that operate in certain way regardless of your subjective opinion. This is common sense...

Nah, enlightenment is only goal worth pursuing, everything other in life only leads to more pain and suffering.

You do seem very sure of where you are going, for someone who is on the path of enlightenment. Here are two passages from Herman Hesse's Siddartha, a book that I really recommend to you.

"When someone seeks," said Siddhartha, "then it easily happens that his eyes see only the thing that he seeks, and he is able to find nothing, to take in nothing because he always thinks only about the thing he is seeking, because he has one goal, because he is obsessed with his goal. Seeking means: having a goal. But finding means: being free, being open, having no goal.”

"Wisdom cannot be imparted. Wisdom that a wise man attempts to impart always sounds like foolishness to someone else ... Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it."

As long as Siddartha (in the book) is sure of where he is going, in the same way that you are sure, or seem to be (especially about the 'right' and 'wrong' paths), he precisely doesn't find enlightenment. It is when he surrenders this belief, and decides to go live in the world and then with the old man that runs his boat across the river outside the city, that he eventually rearches nirvana. Maybe your certainty itself, about the right kind of path, is a delusion.

Last edited:
In all honesty I don’t agree but I still respect your viewpoint and passion you have about it.
I DO agree with the freedom from delusion, greed, and hate.

As far as laws governing the universe - we have no clue how the universe works as humans.
We can only register and measure about 4% of what is actually out there...the other 96% is unknown by science other than “dark matter/energy”
That 96% could literally be spirit itself...it could be almost anything.
We have lots of religious texts with instructions on doing this or that - one can find peace and enlightenment on many pathways imho, you don’t have to agree with that.
As far as getting into subjective opinions and objective truths we don’t know anything at all.

I no longer debate religious or spiritual semantics, sorry...each to their own.

Main law of universe is cause and effect which is evident in everyones experience. Then we have physical, psychological and ehtical laws that also function under cause and effect. Getting in alignment with natural laws is setting ones own views and principles that reflect reality in best way possible but also developing character and disciplining ones own behaviour as to not cause friction(bad karma) while preforming actions. Your experience is best guide.

What do you think, is killing a man objectively wrong or is it just an subjective thing?

Practising religion can lead to peace, yes. But not all religions teach how to realize Ultimate reality.

Reactions: BritNi
Well, now you're just being rude.

Are enlightened people rude?

=(

I will leave now.
I have to agree with you here in your concept.. because there are loads of things that are "palpable intangibles" as someone wise has said. Indeed there are a vast plethora of things in Heaven & Earth, and all that's in between that cannot be proven scientifically. They are not quantitative, tanglible, or logical.. and yet they very much exist.. Loads of things don't "make sense" but that by no means makes them any less real..

Last edited:
Main law of universe is cause and effect which is evident in everyones experience.

This is not true though, Dado. Not only is this not evident, but the "law of cause and effect" has been seen as extremely questionable by philosophers since at least the early 20th century.

"The law of causality, I believe, like much that passes muster among philosophers, is a relic of a bygone age, surviving, like the monarchy, only because it is erroneously supposed to do no harm." — Bertrand Russell

This is not true though, Dado. Not only is this not evident, but the "law of cause and effect" has been seen as extremely questionable by philosophers since at least the early 20th century.

"The law of causality, I believe, like much that passes muster among philosophers, is a relic of a bygone age, surviving, like the monarchy, only because it is erroneously supposed to do no harm." — Bertrand Russell

Can you give me concrete example where cause and effect is not involved?

Reactions: BritNi and Wyote
What do you think, is killing a man objectively wrong or is it just an subjective thing?

Practising religion can lead to peace, yes. But not all religions teach how to realize Ultimate reality.

Killing is killing.
I find unnecessary death wrong yes.
Imho it can be both subjective and objectively wrong.

Again...I admire and respect your convictions and opinions in your faith and in your beliefs.
I myself do not adhere to one religious viewpoint as I find wisdom to glean from many places.
All religions believe they are teaching how to realize the ultimate reality...be it Nirvana or Christian heaven...it is a peeling away of the ego natured self and gaining ultimate insight into the nature of reality both here and after.
This has been taught by many teachers over the eons.
The paths may not be the same...but it is their path to choose...imho we all go to the same destination.
You don’t have to agree with any of that...again, that is your path...the one that suits you best.
There is no telling what will “enlighten” someone Sir, nor how quickly or lengthy that can be.
You present your own beliefs as the correct pathway and as if they are factual - I’m sorry I don’t think that way but whatever subjectively works for you is rad.
Take care.