ENFP trying to find INFJ’s... WHERE ARE YOU?! | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

ENFP trying to find INFJ’s... WHERE ARE YOU?!

And?

No need, I'm just trying to make a point in a non argumentative form.
OP asks directly where to find an INFJ. The answer is anywhere.
To be honest, I feel like we are stereotyped as nerdy dudes with 4 different pens in our breast pocket, that can write code on a napkin while munching away at our French fries at lunch.

When in reality, we are who we are. Some of us work blue collar, some are white collar. Some live in Urban areas, some rural some suburban.

It's a blanket question. And subjective.

I dunno dude... from what I've seen thus far, I find it hard to believe you're INFJ at all.

I'm done.

@BritNi, I'll give you that you have a point. It may have come off different like I was showing off or hitting up on her.

Reality is, you won't see me make a move.

I refer to people as "bubba," for men or "Hun" "Darling" etc for women. Probably because a lot of my friends are from the south I've met.

And even if I might come off like a dumb hick online, I'm actually REALLY articulated IRL

Hmmm interesting. I always think of fixing things/being mechanically inclined as being an ISTJ thing. All mechanics I know are either istj or istp. So it’s not a place I’d think to look. However, there is a person I’ve talked to online who claims to be INFJ and works as an electrician—another career I wouldn’t find typical (haven’t met him yet to verify type).

Id like to study how upbringing affects that though. Like the few INFJ girls I know all grew up in a bigger city and have taken up the role of social justice warrior, or animal care worker, because those fields are readily available here.

Do you feel like you go out of your way to meet people? Or do you wait until they come to you?

Meeting like minded people is easy. Small talk is cheap. I know chemistry when I feel it. Dating or friendships.

Now, getting to know me? The inner me? Tough luck. I don't crack.

Now, getting to know me? The inner me? Tough luck. I don't crack.

3abfd9486309d4cca42d1423576a126c.jpg

Oh plz, every INFJ/INTJ I have ever met secretly wants to be dragged out by the bouncy ENFP. Tho they would never admit it....

Okay :( but I have to be home by 9

@HollyBeeTheENFP
You were saying about upbringing. I was the naturist. Reserved. Kept a close circle. Got along with older kids better. Matured quickly.

Went to Yosemite and chance I could.

Growing up I was the straight A student. Wanted to become a psychiatrist

I was already driving 700 miles a week when I was 16...trips, taking Dad to appointments.

Dad had health problems. Became disabled. I was the caretaker. Him and I were close. I was into computers

Any conflict, I was the mediator

My mom gave me freedom. Adult freedom, at 16.

I didn't abuse it. I acted responsible.

Adulted in the mountains. Never did like college, never did like working for soul sucking big corporations

Decided to become a nurse in 2017

Suffered a TBI last year. Now I have the new passion. Don't ask me how I became who I am today. 5 years ago I couldn't change a battery to save my life. And here I am in a room full of tools

That's my life in a nutshell

I look forward meeting you intriguing creatures of the forest. But as a half nerd, my attention is focused on watching my D & D fix of Critical Role.

Try to be more human and less two dimensional

We come in different forms I guess. Seems you have it out for me lol
Not at all.

What an INFJ is can vary pretty broadly, but there are also some general key indicators of behavior.
The cognitive functions manifestations can also change pretty drastically based on a lot of different factors.

The closest idea of it that I can formulate as an all encompassing structure is essentially:
Somebody who values and engages with time alone for personal growth while seeking relationships to expand.
Somebody who steadfastly holds a set of philosophical ideologies that strive to create harmony for both their immediate circle and society at large.
Somebody who actively seeks to disrupt normative behaviors for personal causes when a greater sense of harmony could be achieved as a result.

If these things don't resonate in some significant capacity, then you are in all likelihood not INFJ.