ENFJ Helpline | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

ENFJ Helpline

I wish you luck, Serendipity! Reading your posts was kind of like watching a romance -- I'm really hoping for a happy ending :)

I am an ENFJ, but I think I have a weak J. Whenever I take a Meyer-Briggs test, I'm usually ENFJ, but a few times I've come up as ENFP. And I think I've come up as an INFP once or twice before, too. It's like my E and my J are really weak...

Serendipty, take Von Hase's advice. I'm an infj madly in love with an enfj and it seems to be a great combo, though not always easy.

What do you do when you've realized you made a huge mistake and the cost of rectifying it may not be worth paying?

Alcyone-

Sorry, I'm honestly not sure if you're replying to me or asking a general question... but hello! :)

Anica-

Yes, it is good advice and I think I'm just going to rely on my intuition. We always did communicate best non-verbally anyway.

Last edited:
"What do you do when you've realized you made a huge mistake and the cost of rectifying it may not be worth paying?"

Atone by attempting to improve situations in relation to your mistake. And become all the wiser not to make the same mistake twice. But I'm speaking from personal experience...

On an odd side note, apparently multiple online evaluations can't seem to pinpoint whether or not I'm ENFJ or INFJ... I'm having a mild identity crisis at the moment :m197:

On an odd side note, apparently multiple online evaluations can't seem to pinpoint whether or not I'm ENFJ or INFJ... I'm having a mild identity crisis at the moment :m197:

Oh well what everyone so far says is that the best person to tell what your MBTI might be is in fact yourself.

However, that being said, I will say that you are on the right track. Von Hase is DEFINITELY the guy to see about your mild identity crisis. I recommend taking the Cognitive Functions Test, that can be found in the search on this site, and then post your results for VH. He's great at helping with this sort of thing, and I gather he will be pleased to help you. :wink:

Drum-roll please... Do your thing, Von Hase!

INFJ

10 Extraversion, 11 Introversion, 2 Sensing, 24 Intuition, 3 Thinking, 21 Feeling, 12 Judging and 10 Perceiving

So... I guess I should kick off my shoes and change my profile information...

Last edited:
Yes, that's what I was talking about when I suggested taking initiative to improve your Fe.

This is a great distinction between Ni and Fe dominance. Ni will have you spending far too much time pondering what to do. Fe will have you doing what you ponder.

If you want to improve your Fe, be prepared to be in motion a lot more often.

As for ENFPs... they even outdo me for always being busy. Sometimes I wonder if they were born with jets in their butts. It's like they have constant thrust for whatever whim strikes their fancy at the moment. I can't keep up with them, and that's saying a lot.

So its not that they're too busy, its that I lack initiative?

Drum-roll please... Do your thing, Von Hase!

INFJ

10 Extraversion, 11 Introversion, 2 Sensing, 24 Intuition, 3 Thinking, 21 Feeling, 12 Judging and 10 Perceiving

So... I guess I should kick off my shoes and change my profile information...

I wouldn't be so quick to do that -- you may have to do some more in-depth evaluation before you do.

The fact that your J/P is closer than your T/F points to ENFJ --> Fe Ni Se Ti. The perceiving functions (determines J/P) are clumped together, so they'd be more even than your T/F.

Hmm, interesting. Wonder why I get that result every now and then. I consider myself a positive, optimistic person and get along great with people. The again, I enjoy my solitude to extents that worry my mom and frustrate lovers and can be a little closed off. I was annoyed with my ex of eight years when I read him my ENFJ description and he hardly agreed with it at all. It seems like the results may swing with my mood or something.

Last edited:
ill be posting here soon, but i don't want to lose the thread.

I know I should never want to be anyone but myself, yadda yadda, but if I could choose my personality it would totally be ENFJ! Just sayin'. ;)