Duality and ESTj's | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Duality and ESTj's

When the dad tells the son what to do and constantly nags him and enforces his will with punishment/reward. This is father acting as supervisor, as opposed to son...

In addition, regardless of type, there may be disagreements between parent and child, even if parent and child are duals, that may lead to conflict.

E.g: religion, dating, etc...

actually are views are mostly personality wise
ex: I should be less emotional and not express it T VS F
ex; I need to be more extroverted, and get some real friends E VS I

this all relating to my personality which goes against theirs.

actually are views are mostly personality wise
ex: I should be less emotional and not express it T VS F
ex; I need to be more extroverted, and get some real friends E VS I

this all relating to my personality which goes against theirs.

Yea, but they're your parents. Parents feel it is their obligation to question and criticize their children. In friendship and romance interactions are generally different...

Both of your parents are ESTJ?

Last edited:
Yea, but they're your parents. Parents feel it is their obligation to question and criticize their children. In friendship and romance interactions are generally different...

By your logic any sort of relationship that has a disparity of power should be thrown out (Prof and student, Boss and Employee)

Also that is a broad generalization about parents as I had more or less control over where I wanted to go and in essence I was supported fully.

Edit: I know that my example is but one instance but there exist a dynamic in which the parents are not overbearing and a very friendly relationship is between the child and parents and you are sweeping them under the rug

Last edited:
By your logic any sort of relationship that has a disparity of power should be thrown out (Prof and student, Boss and Employee)

Also that is a broad generalization about parents as I had more or less control over where I wanted to go and in essence I was supported fully.

Edit: I know that my example is but one instance but there exist a dynamic in which the parents are not overbearing and a very friendly relationship is between the child and parents and you are sweeping them under the rug

It's true that it was a broad generalization, and I apologize for that. However, when the dynamic is artificially shifted in that way, due to social roles, I would say that, yes, intertype relations are definitely impacted.

Sounds like you lucked out with the parents :D