Does society still need a conception of sin? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Does society still need a conception of sin?

You missed my point...
Why should we have faith and repent for predetermined sins if we are predestined to be saved or not.
Also...morality IS a factor...why should we bother to not create new sins if our salvation is fated?

Because God commands it.

Because it is right.

Because it's the only way.....

I could go on and on.

No. I am not destined for Hell.

God gave me repentance and faith in his Son.

I have absolute confidence that Christ fully atoned for my sins and will preserve me in the faith until the end.

Why did he save you? How do you know he saved you?

Do you never sin? How do you know you'll never sin?

How can I be accused of giving anyone false hope? I've said it over and over again: If God doesn't save you, you're going to Hell.

That's not very ambiguous, is it?

You've stated that whether he does or not is already predetermined yet you tell me he may still save me.

Not knowing the outcome is not the same thing as the outcome being uncertain.

When I play a game of Riichi the outcome of the tiles is already certain. There can be only one order of tiles and while I may not know what it is, it is already set regardless and will not change. It is for this reason that I can win by reading fate. There is no chance, or hope, or uncertainty. I do not hope to win, I either win or do not win.

If I read fate properly then I can change the surrounding context so that fate is favorable to me but I cannot change the fate itself. Those who simply do not know and can't read are the ones who lose.

Why did he save you?

Because it pleased him to.

Not according to my own works, but "according to his own purpose and grace" (2 Timothy 1:9)

How do you know he saved you?

He brought me under the preaching of the Gospel and gave me faith to believe in his Son.

He gave me faith to believe that all my sin was charged to Christ, and all that Christ did in his perfect, sinless life, death, and resurrection has been charged to me.

Therefore, God's justice is satisfied, and I am set free. I have no reason to fear condemnation.

That's what it means to be saved.

Do you never sin? How do you know you'll never sin?

Of course I sin. I'm a sinner. That's all sinners do.

But there are SAVED sinners and LOST sinners. And by God's grace, I am a SAVED sinner.

My Savior not only atoned for my sins on the cross, but he "ever lives to make intercession" for me in heaven (Hebrews 7:25), so I am eternally secure.

Until I die, I will still sin, but after this life, I'll be perfectly sinless. Until then, I have to rely on God's grace.

Because God commands it.

Because it is right.

Because it's the only way.....

I could go on and on.

Oh really...
Very concrete argument you have there...
“Because I said so.”
(or God said so)
But if we are all sinners, and repenting doesn’t necessarily “save” us, then why bother?
You know...I have a lot of respect for people and their religious convictions...I don’t think it is really my place to tell someone they are wrong about something they believe to be true in their heart...but when someone cannot return that same respect to me and others it really chaps my ass.

"Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord; be assured, he will not go unpunished.” - Proverbs 16.5

"For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.” - Galatians 6.3

"Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.” - Proverbs 26.12

"Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight.” - Romans 12.16

You are the last person I would say is a “follower” or “believer” in Christ...you have perverted everything He stood for.
You don’t love your fellow man...you love yourself because you think you have it all figured out...sorry guy...you don’t.

You've stated that whether he does or not is already predetermined yet you tell me he may still save me.

Not knowing the outcome is not the same thing as the outcome being uncertain.

When I play a game of Riichi the outcome of the tiles is already certain. There can be only one order of tiles and while I may not know what it is, it is already set regardless and will not change. It is for this reason that I can win by reading fate. There is no chance, or hope, or uncertainty. I do not hope to win, I either win or do not win.

If I read fate properly then I can change the surrounding context so that fate is favorable to me but I cannot change the fate itself. Those who simply do not know and can't read are the ones who lose.

I've already addressed this in a previous post.

I said:

No, you're not getting it.

GOD knows whether he is going to save you or not, But YOU and I don't know.

That's why I say there's still hope.

I've said it over and over again, and I'll say it again: If God does not save you, you will go to hell.

But since WE DON'T KNOW whether or not he will save you, there is still hope for you.

It's not a contradiction.

Because it pleased him to.

Not according to my own works, but "according to his own purpose and grace" (2 Timothy 1:9)

He brought me under the preaching of the Gospel and gave me faith to believe in his Son.

He gave me faith to believe that all my sin was charged to Christ, and all that Christ did in his perfect, sinless life, death, and resurrection has been charged to me.

Therefore, God's justice is satisfied, and I am set free. I have no reason to fear condemnation.

That's what it means to be saved.

Of course I sin. I'm a sinner. That's all sinners do.

But there are SAVED sinners and LOST sinners. And by God's grace, I am a SAVED sinner.

My Savior not only atoned for my sins on the cross, but he "ever lives to make intercession" for me in heaven (Hebrews 7:25), so I am eternally secure.

Until I die, I will still sin, but after this life, I'll be perfectly sinless. Until then, I have to rely on God's grace.

So...you are going to heaven because God saved you, and you know this because you believe he died for our sins?

What happens if you stop believing this? Will you not be saved?

GOD knows whether he is going to save you or not, But YOU and I don't know.

But I asked you...

How do you know he saved you?

And you said...

Because it pleased him to...... He brought me under the preaching of the Gospel and gave me faith to believe in his Son.

So...why is it that you know that you're saved...but everyone else doesn't?

Reactions: Skarekrow
Oh really...
Very concrete argument you have there...
“Because I said so.”
(or God said so)
But if we are all sinners, and repenting doesn’t necessarily “save” us, then why bother?
You know...I have a lot of respect for people and their religious convictions...I don’t think it is really my place to tell someone they are wrong about something they believe to be true in their heart...but when someone cannot return that same respect to me and others it really chaps my ass.

"Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord; be assured, he will not go unpunished.” - Proverbs 16.5

"For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.” - Galatians 6.3

"Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.” - Proverbs 26.12

"Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight.” - Romans 12.16

You are the last person I would say is a “follower” or “believer” in Christ...you have perverted everything He stood for.
You don’t love your fellow man...you love yourself because you think you have it all figured out...sorry guy...you don’t.

Well, God will be the final judge of all things.

You don't have to take my word for it. You'll find out one way or another.

Well, God will be the final judge of all things.

You don't have to take my word for it. You'll find out one way or another.

I absolutely will not take your word for it...the God you speak of...the one you are preaching about is not the Christian God...he is the God you made up in your mind based on your twisted interpretations of the Bible and He is an asshole.

Reactions: say what
Look,

I've been very patient, and gone out of my way to answer every question put to me so far. But I just don't have the time to keep this up.

If you don't want to know what the Bible says, that's your prerogative. I've done my best to present it faithfully.

But the fact still remains, the Lord Jesus Christ is the ONLY SAVIOR of SINNERS.

John 3:36 says:
He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

I pray that God would be pleased to save you. And I leave you with the words of Christ, in John 6:37 :

All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.

Look,

I've been very patient, and gone out of my way to answer every question put to me so far. But I just don't have the time to keep this up.

If you don't want to know what the Bible says, that's your prerogative. I've done my best to present it faithfully.

But the fact still remains, the Lord Jesus Christ is the ONLY SAVIOR of SINNERS.

I pray that God would be pleased to save you. And I leave you with the words of Christ, in John 6:37 :

Well by your own quote (John 3:36) says that everyone can be saved...and yet, you seem to think it is already fated...hmmm?

Well by your own quote (John 3:36) says that everyone can be saved...and yet, you seem to think it is already fated...hmmm?

Not only that:
1 Timothy 2
1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people,
2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.
3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,
4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
6 who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time.
7 For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

2 Peter 3
1 Dear friends, this is now my second letter to you. I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking.
2 I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.

3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.
4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”
5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water.
6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed.
7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Squirm your way out of that one, [MENTION=11142]SovereignGrace[/MENTION]

I've read the bible also and God gave me a brain to defeat your kind.

Here's what a lowly Jewish carpenter from Bethlehem once said:

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye?

You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye"

(Matthew 7.1-5 ESV)

Look,

Team Anti-Christ : 1

Team Savoir: 0