Do your friends tend to be your type? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do your friends tend to be your type?

Look at the thread called Type Description In Pictures and you'll see what I mean.

TheSafety said:
Boo! Why/how does the ENTJ scare you?

:eek:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! The perimeter has been infiltrated! This is a code alpha red alert! Everyone run for your lives, the ENTJs are invading!

TheSafety said:
Glad to feel welcome! My mom and childhood friend are INFJ, I get on with them just fine...

:mrgreen:

ENTJs are certainly different, and a bit scary at times, but they are fine in my book.

I am glad we are all different, that makes it all the more fun and interesting. ENTJs typically do not run in packs, its probably the alpha complex..

I would love to know how/why you are scared on ENTJs, so I know to correct it.

As for the original post:

My friends are mostly NT/NF, with the exception of an ESTJ and ESTP.

TheSafety said:
Boo! Why/how does the ENTJ scare you?
*jumps on the ENTJ infiltrator*

Yoo extraverts don't scares me :mrgreen:

ENFJ and ISFJ I am closest to. Can relate them both partially.
The ESFPs I know are ridiculously friendly. They're pleasant to be around as acquaintances. I also have 2 ENTP acquaintances that are closer to the ENFJ, but we all respect each other anyway.

I look forward to one day hopefully becoming mates with a fellow INFJ. :)

I had one of the best discussions of my life last night with two new friends I met at the coffee house. It was at the end of the night, when I was giving them my e-mail address, which just happens to contain the letters of my personality type, that I found out that both of these gay guys who I had just met had tested as INFJ. My jaw hit the floor because I don't think I have ever met INFJs who were my age. The irony is the instant connection we had. And both of these guys were so unique in their own ways.

Satya said:
I had one of the best discussions of my life last night with two new friends I met at the coffee house. It was at the end of the night, when I was giving them my e-mail address, which just happens to contain the letters of my personality type, that I found out that both of these gay guys who I had just met had tested as INFJ. My jaw hit the floor because I don't think I have ever met INFJs who were my age. The irony is the instant connection we had. And both of these guys were so unique in their own ways.
that put such a big smile on my face :D

My best friend is ENFJ, extremely strong F (especially since he's a guy). Extremely intuitive too. We have a depth of relationship I cannot have with any other friend. I feel so lucky to have him.
I have another ENFJ (girl) friend whom I met when I was 3. We get along well too but we don't have the depth I have with the other one. She's also much more of a J which I don't like in people in general. Still good friends though.

Otherwise most of my friends tend to be Ps. INFPs for a lot of them, and a few ESFPs. I like ESFPs because they bring the Se out of me. I like having someone who can make it easier for me to have the crazy, high moments I often long for without doing anything about it.

I think I would rather have INFJ friends over INFPs but I seem to only meet INFPs. Still like them though!

Well, irl, I've only ever met one person similar to me at all, and he's also an INFJ (I met him in the medical hold squadron during Air Force basic training). Nobody who knows me irl knows anyone like me either.....it rather sucks.

My BFF is Enfj

and Finally met another INFJ at work and we have been getting really friendly towards one another

Other than that I havnt typed many of my friends

no... i feel like i've always had to compromise... hence, build up walls "just in case"...

although i have a two good friends and also peers who appears to be ENFP and another who seems like an IS_ _,
but we get along through various of reasons we can relate with and discuss.

there is also an INTP and INFP I've met through the category of certain video games played...
but then again i guess everyone can interact with each other through a video game..

other infjs?

this has been a lifelong struggle... and it still is..

i've yet to meet another infj...

I've many other friends within my sphere of influence who i considered as family,
but as for finding another like-minded and heart-ness... mmm.. it's been bleak.. or seems near impossible...

ISTJ
ISFP
INFP
ISFJ

And then just online friends :eek: .... just live in my head and I don't spend alot time with my friends anyway.

I've known an INFP from age six up to now, but he's starting to get on my nerves. He takes everything extremely personally and seems to believe that life's all about him being against the world. He thinks that he's misunderstood, but doesn't do anything about it, instead he hides in his room and whines about being misunderstood.

These are some friends that were in my class for 10 years. Would probably not know them otherwise (we're SO different)
ESFP x3
ESTP
ENTJ (the only one I can stand atm)
ISTP

We're pretty close, since we saw each other almost every day for ten years, but nowadays I have difficulty standing them. They will only talk about the most shallow things, and I'd rather be at home doing something productive.

However, I got two new friends a while ago (about six months), and we get along great.
One of them is INFP, the other one is INFJ.
I actually like the INFJ more, we always have incredibly interesting discussions and seem to be able to talk forever.
The INFP is nice as well, but it's hard to discuss moral things with her, since everything I say that doesn't support her perspective is taken personally. I don't try to manipulate her into thinking like me, but it would be nice to be able to DISCUSS things calmly without her getting hurt and angry.

My Friends - if I can call them so - are as follows:

1x INTP
1 x INFJ
1x ISFP (my Roommate. I wonder how we could survive so long =P)
3x INFP
1x ETFS
1x ITFG

Tho, they are less my Friends I guess. They are the People I normally talk to. Still, pretty f'd. Many of them just drive me nuts sometimes. Especially the last 3 Types. They tend to think whatever happens to them is really really bad and that they are the very only ones on this whole Planet who h ave "such an awful, hard Life". It requires a lot of Patience, I can tell. ^^°°

mm...my best friend is an INxP. we have met each other since we were 4. she loves to learn things from absolutely everything and is a really intelligent person. sometimes it seems like she doesn't know what she wants cause she's really inconsistent but she allways finds an answer in the end.

my hang out friend is an xNFP (the only person I'm with in school) and we can talk just about everything all the time =)

Last edited:
Pretty diverse in general

Good Friends: ENFJ, ESFJ, ESFP, INTP
Others: ESTP x2, ESxJ, ENFP, ISFP