TheLastMohican

Captain Obvious
Retired Staff
May 8, 2008
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
Type me.
Are your friends mostly your type (or close to it), or different types? If your friends are different, which functions, if any, do you have in similar most of the time? (Are all your friends N, or F, or so on?) If you are familiar with Jungian functions, please elaborate on those as well.

close friends = one is INTJ (i tend to talk with him almost every time i see him in the smoke pit at work, mon-fri); another i have observed looks like she leans more towards INFJ (i only see her when i go to pool league). i mean, she reminds me of me, friendly but yeah she's a bit aloof at times. and she's a social butterfly like myself

friends i can definitely have fun with = g/f is ESTP, enough said; and the rest are 'E' types even though they know i need a break every now and then and enjoy my alone time

I am an ENTP
I have an ESTP friend
2 INTJ friends.

That is it.

and a whole bunch of NT friends online... a few NFs

I only have one typed friend ENFP, everyone else is a challenge.
My brother is an ENTP and I get along very well with him.

Guesses for my other friends:
ISTJ
ISTP
ENTP

I don't have many friends. I have an INTJ friend, but it is difficult for me to find people who want the same kind of deep, committed friendship that I like.

No, only one other friend I've had was INFJ.
Everyone else is ExxP, or IxxJ.

One of my favorite friends is an ESFP. What a kick! I adore her.
We get along well, she loves to talk about relationships and people, has depth, and is very fun.

I ran into a lot of ENFJs over the last year and have been somewhat collecting them as friends.
But I think they are hard.

I have two good friends who are ISFP and ISTJ. One who is an INTJ.

I have recently begun dating an ISFJ who tested as ESFJ but since then we decided
he is definitely an introvert.

Others in my life...who knows?

My partner in crime/best friend is an INTP.I have an INFJ acquantance-type friend online that I know pretty well.

My friends and I are so radically different I wonder how we get along at all.

My best friends are: INFJ, ESTJ and ENFJ
My close friends are: ENFP, ISFJ and ISTJ
Although, those whom I like to spend time with the most tend to be male ENTPs.

I wonder how I survive them.

My best friends tend to be N's and either introverts or low-key extroverts.

ENTJs scare me. ESTJs are easier for me, but until I know them, they can scare me too.
INTJs sometimes put me off cuz they're stubborn (says the stubborn chick).
IxFJs, I deal with very very well, I just know how to connect.
IxFPs are usually some of my best friends.
INTPs are great idea partners and going places without any qualms. If I am conversing with someone into the wee hours of the night, with no signs of getting tired, well, this is it. I usually most instinctively understand where they are coming from, they understand me, and we don't take things personally. We also get pretty goofy. :)
Interestingly, I often get into arguments with ISTPs.
ESFJs, I have a love/hate with. I love 'em when we agree on something, but when we have a bad moment, it gets darned Ugly.
ESTPs, I usually stay away from although I don't dislike them; our goals are different.
ESFPs are very very fun and artsy but I don't depend on them for crucial tasks.
ENFPs, I usually love... but getting along can range from extremely good to (depending on how rigid their Fi is) rather abrasive depending on the situation.

My main best friends are ENTJ (yes, Jennywocky, she 's a mite bit scary!), ESFJ, ESTJ. I find it difficult to get along with INTP occasionally, and ESFP almost all the time!
The only other INFJ I know is my future bro-in-law. I do, however, know an INFP who is exceptionally sweet and intelligent-we get along very well, but find our similarities make it hard to hang out.

I see there is a lot of type diversity among friends.

None of my friends has taken the test. I actually only know a few people well enough to type them, since I don't engage in idle chatting or go to parties. I tend to be more formal.

My guesses for a few...ISTJ (my Bible study teacher), ESTP and ExFJ (fellow students). The more I think about it, the harder it is to type the last one, even though I probably know him best. :?

I found that a couple of my friends are INFPs, which i might be, and i know two very good candidates for INTP, which i thought i was for a long long time. I know a lot of ENFPs though... they seem to congregate around my church. The strangest friendship i have is with an ISFJ, who i have hardly anything in common with, but we can talk about almost anything, and she considers me her best friend.

Inkling said:
I found that a couple of my friends are INFPs, which i might be, and i know two very good candidates for INTP, which i thought i was for a long long time. I know a lot of ENFPs though... they seem to congregate around my church. The strangest friendship i have is with an ISFJ, who i have hardly anything in common with, but we can talk about almost anything, and she considers me her best friend.

Hey Newbie!! Welcome!! . . . I know who you are (hehehe)

Oh yes, and I forgot to mention that my sister (see above) and boyfriend are both INFJ (while I most definitely am not).

Inkling, why don't you do a thread showing pictures of how you feel about yourself and life. Like the one we did for INFJ's. Maybe we could type you from that. It might be fun.

Ooo sounds intriguing, explain the concept?
I'm rather new to the forum and haven't heard of what you are referring to.