Do you think you're hard to please? | INFJ Forum

Do you think you're hard to please?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Do you think you're hard to please? Do you base this on what you feel or how others see you?

I can be, but I can also be incredibly easy to please. A lot of it depends on my mood.

It depends on the situation, usually I'm pretty easy to please because if I see something not being done I will simply go do it myself. I think I can be hard to please however when I need to rely on others to do something I simply cannot do myself for whatever reason. I don't mind people failing to get the job done in an efficient and effective manner I do however mind them simply not trying or caring to try.

Yes. I make it hard. I don't intend to but I do.

I don't think i'm that hard to please, but apparently that's not the case :D.

I base it on how I feel, as I'm never really certain how others see me.

I've also realized that it's easier for others to please me than for me to please myself.

Whenever someone does something for me I am truly and profoundly grateful. (I think that's why I try to thank everybody here for their reps and nice comments to me on their visitor boards, even though I've been told numerous times that it isn't necessary, lol!)

So I guess I would say I am fairly easy to please, even though I'm not ever really satisfied with myself.

It seems I am at times. Not always.

I am in some areas, but I don't think its hard really. Giving me respect will instantly make me give it back and when someone is kind to me I'm immediately kind back to them. I respond to it really well and its easy to make me treat you well. I'm easy to get along with when people are consistent. Starting off a conversation or relationship with disrespect can make me a lifelong enemy, though. Anyone willing to start that way is nobody I want to be around.

It gets complicated when I'm promised things or lead to expect things and they don't happen. I don't like that sudden shift in plans and I tend to freeze people out that do it. Its pretty simple: if you won't do it, don't promise it. I can get really cold and a little passive after that, but I try to be up front about it.

Yes, but I don't let on that I am displeased. I just stay quiet about it.

I am very hard to please when at work, as I expect a lot out of people. There are too many folk out of work to accept anything less. I never have asked anyone to do anything I have not done myself at work and treat people as people should be treated, but do not feel I am treated with the dignity and respect I feel I deserve. I hate being lied to, as it only insults my intelligence. I hate being stolen from in any way. I cannot stand a lazy person when there is a lot at stake. I will stop before going on and on.

Personally, I may be hard to please occasionally. I try not to let it show as much as some folk. I have learned not to expect others to be like me. The older I get, the more I have learned to accept as mere human frailties; not in the workplace.

I asked the wife and her reply was "sometimes".

I'm hard to please because I don't know what I want.

I can be acting very dull on the outside so it looks as if I am not pleased. I really don't express myself outwardly that much. On the inside I may be really happy and pleased in some cases.

Generally. It is hard to please me actually. Depends what being pleased is. For me it seems that being pleased is like being extremely happy and almost in an exited state. I can be pleased in simple ways though all the time but I am hardly ever pleased to the point of extreme happiness by someone elses doing.

It depends. With most things, I am easy to please but I can be a difficult person at the same time. This mainly happens when my friends just want to sit and do nothing while I want to go on an adventure.

I wouldn't say I'm hard to please. I don't have fancy or extravagent tastes and I don't think I demand much of anyone. If I want to be entertained I'm pretty good at finding something to amuse myself.

But I have heard from a few people close to me that I am "critical" and "cynical."
They clarified that they never felt I was critical of them or cynical of them... but just generally critical and cynical...

Which didn't make a lot of sense to me.
So now I have no idea.

Last edited:
it is very difficult to please me emotionally and intellectually. i get bored fast by most people.

but on the surface i'm really laid-back. i'm easy to please in the "oh i don't need fancy resturants, just gimme taco bell" type of way.

Reactions: Neuropedia
I thought the best way to know was to ask someone what they thought about it regarding me, and they said:

My sense is that with those you are emotionally invested in, you make choices that make you exceptionally easy to please. Any gesture made toward you is received positively — to my sense, more positively than the average person would receive the gesture, and certainly more positively than you receive actions from those you are not emotionally invested in.

To my observation, those you are not emotionally invested in — people as abstraction, such as random drivers — do not get this same benefit. In contrast, my sense is that your level of expectation for their behavior is almost impossibly high and your threshold for irritation with their failure to live up to these high standards is quite low. In this sense you are very difficult to please, but as soon as people become known to you, they generally move out of that abstracted categorization and become someone you are emotionally invested in to some degree.

One caveat is that even with those you are emotionally invested in, you can shift to the second engagement style when in a defensive position. That is very difficult to live with.

Sounds about right. :wink:

cheers,
Ian

No, and if I'm dissatisfied then I use my own means to please myself.

Lol.. in a sexual context, I will patiently teach people how to. :m027:

I expect people to live honorable lifestyles, so yes, I can be hard to please ;)

Kind of. All I really need is respect, compassion, and thoughtfulness, and I readily return the favor. My experience is that people expect a lot from others, but then don't give what they hope to receive -- I do my best to avoid getting into that cycle, and I try to live up to my own expectations. Most of the time, I do quite well at it, and it makes me self-sufficient in many ways.

But it does make for high expectations, and it makes me hard to please, and it does make me stubborn. I'm trying to figure out how to reconcile things so I can enjoy a wider range of satisfying human interaction -- I really don't want to be the overly righteous person in the corner...