Do you think it is ok to fatally harm someone because they are bad or killed someone? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Do you think it is ok to fatally harm someone because they are bad or killed someone?

Does that mean you can solve cupcakes with more cupcakes?

(This is very important!)

Omg you are a genius.
Yes. Or at least the answer better be yes!

Are you serious or trolling?
If you think I'm trolling, go look up Jerry Cox Mariposa land grab. Or Bronz Huntington.

Do I believe crime should be handled like the wild West? Hell yeah I do. If there's a random person breaking into your car or slashing your tires, why not have the ability to hog tie the idiot and publicly hang him in the town square? Watch property crime drop.

New glass slider from break in - $200
New door from other break in - $100

New window for my SUV, with regualtor and lift motor - $300
New tire for my truck - $250
Wax and carwash for my truck - $40

$890 between 3 vehicle incidents and 2 break ins this last year.

That's $890 too much that I have spent.

If you think I'm trolling, go look up Jerry Cox Mariposa land grab. Or Bronz Huntington.

Do I believe crime should be handled like the wild West? Hell yeah I do. If there's a random person breaking into your car or slashing your tires, why not have the ability to hog tie the idiot and publicly hang him in the town square? Watch property crime drop.

You would kill someone over property? I think it's easy to talk that way but you would have to live with that the rest of your life. Officers who shoot and kill criminals in the line of duty suffer from it. Many veterans suffer PTSD. There's a reason why killing causes psychological harm even when justified. It's not good for us.

Last edited:
Why would I be trolling?

Many people on this forum are from an entirely different culture. Different systems and beliefs. So, when she asks that question, it's sincere. I can see how your approach to the subject may seem insensitive. Your honesty, however, is much appreciated. At least people can see your true colors.

Man... this is part of the reason why other countries dislike Americans so much. You're not making us look good, dude.

If someone breaks in my vehicle, or house, I would never consider killing them unless I was present and my life (or another's life) was being threatened. It solves nothing. It only creates more problems.

You have no idea what or where that person is coming from. What if it was a mother who had 5 starving children, no support, and no money? I'd rather her steal from me than put herself and her babies in harm's way on the street.

I know that's not the case in your situation. But fuck, man... you just never know. Everyone comes from different backgrounds, has different mentalities, and UGH!... there are too many factors to consider! I greatly disagree with your beliefs. ...and, what else would you expect? You live in Shit Town, California. It's not like you're in Beverly Hills. You want to escape the cycle? You want to avoid being stolen from? Fucking move... that's how. Damn. Fucking Mariposa. I mean... c'mon dude. If everyone had your thought process on this, then no one would be alive out there.

On that note: I've don't worry about someone stealing from me. Really. It's not something that crosses my mind. I don't have anything that others would deem valuable, that isn't replaceable. I'm not materialistic. If someone steals my TV, then oh well. I can buy another; atleast they aren't stealing my life. But, I'm a firm believer in karma. And I just don't put that energy out there. Ya know? I don't steal from others, and I find they don't steal from me. I don't think about harming others/I DON'T harm others and they don't harm me. I don't call negative energy toward me.

Are you sure you're not just putting some really bad energy out there? If people are targeting you that much, then maybe you might wanna take a look inside yourself?

I'm sorry everyone. I can't keep quiet on this one. I'm not trying to be rude, but I firmly disagree.

Last edited:
Man... this is part of the reason why other countries dislike Americans so much. You're not making us look good, dude.

If someone breaks in my vehicle, or house, I would never consider killing them unless I was present and my life (or another's life) was being threatened. It solves nothing. It only creates more problems.

You have no idea what or where that person is coming from. What if it was a mother who had 5 starving children, no support, and no money? I'd rather her steal from me than put herself and her babies in harm's way on the street.

I know that's not the case in your situation. But fuck, man... you just never know. Everyone comes from different backgrounds, has different mentalities, and UGH!... there are too many factors to consider! I greatly disagree with your beliefs. ...and, what else would you expect? You live in Shit Town, California. It's not like you're in Beverly Hills. You want to escape the cycle? You want to avoid being stolen from? Fucking move... that's how. Damn. Fucking Mariposa. I mean... c'mon dude. If everyone had your thought process on this, then no one would be alive out there.

On that note: I've never worried about someone stealing from me. Really. It's not something that crosses my mind often. I don't have anything that others would deem valuable, that isnt replaceable. I'm not materialistic. If someone steals my TV, then oh well. I can buy another; atleast they aren't stealing my life. But, I'm a firm believer in karma. And... I just don't put that energy out there. Ya know? I don't steal from others, and I find they don't steal from me. I don't think about harming others/I DON'T harm others and they dont harm me. I don't call negative energy toward me.

Are you sure you're not just putting some really bad energy out there? If people are targeting you that much, then, maybe you might wanna take a look inside yourself?

I'm sorry everyone. I can't keep quiet on this one. I'm not trying to be rude, but I firmly disagree.

I keep positive energy. And no, I haven't killed anyone over property.

As to negative energy, I don't think it's that. I know of at least 5+ other incidents just in my complex. 4 vandalisms, 1 break in to a truck and more

But you know what grinds my gears? You can go up to my truck right now and slash a $250 mud tire that I worked hard to buy and get no jail time

You can cause $300 of damage to my Toyota....no jail time

I drive my knuckles to the Bone to make ends meet. I have to save every penny to get enough to buy a window or a new tire. Meanwhile, the jackass that did it walks away? That's not fair. No restitution or punishment

You say I have true colors... Go anywhere North of Bakersfield and South of Sacramento and fan out east into the Sierra Nevadas.

There's a lot of people with that sentiment.

Do I believe crime should be handled like the wild West? Hell yeah I do. If there's a random person breaking into your car or slashing your tires, why not have the ability to hog tie the idiot and publicly hang him in the town square? Watch property crime drop..
I giggled.

TLDR

If it's okay to kill someone cause they killed someone, you end up with a near infinite chain of killing, with the last person killing themselves. (The chain can only be broken by someone killing themselves.)

Enjoy your empty planet. (Not that there is anyone left to enjoy it.)

@Wyote Can I has cupcake? Pleeaasee?

So you'd pay me $890 for murder.
I understand.
Not at all. I'm not saying we should kill every person who steals a candy bar. That's a little cruel.

In my first post on this thread, I said protecting property should be a good cause. That means someone maliciously, intentionally trespassing on your property and items, with the intent to cause harm and damage. Or worse, threaten your life.

Should there be a duty to retreat? Yes. If someone broke into my condo right now I'd grab 1 thing; my phone. Call 911 and have PD on the way. That person continues to threaten my life and does not leave? That's on them. Not me.

But I do believe there should be punishment for destroying someone else's property or threatening someone's life.

If you really want to know my thoughts; most laws with severe punishments should not exist. I'm talking about smoking a joint in Yosemite.

Most laws in California under prop 47...theft, mischief that are misdemeanors should be punished more severely.
Prostitution is one statute under 47... Virtually no punishment.

I say legalize prostitution like Nevada. I don't hire hookers, but if I did, I'd rather it be legal, regulated with STD testing than have sex with Jane Doe on 99 and Parkway at the Valley Inn.

But there's a big difference between paying someone $50 for some fun, than slashing someone's tires.

And @Wyote I'm not trying to argue with all y'all. What I will say is I'm a hell of a debator, and I stand up for what I believe. I'll stop contributing to this thread if this keeps getting out of hand. That's the INFJ coming out of me. My brother is one as well, you should hear us talk about our views. We have no filter with eachother. :)

Last edited:
Just think about it... if someone were handled like that then that same handler would get handled. Then that handler handled, then that handlerer handleded... and on it goes.
Theeeen somewhere along the line people would lose the plot and start killing random people for using the wrong tone. So fragile.

Solution: Build a garage with plenty of wire and traps. Make em think that snuggling with a cactus is a better option than breaking in.
Solution 2: put a camera up.

There is a punishment for an attempt on someone life, right?
there is no punishment for destroying someones property??

Just think about it... if someone were handled like that then that same handler would get handled. Then that handler handled, then that handlerer handleded... and on it goes.
Theeeen somewhere along the line people would lose the plot and start killing random people for using the wrong tone. So fragile.

Solution: Build a garage with plenty of wire and traps. Make em think that snuggling with a cactus is a better option than breaking in.
Solution 2: put a camera up.

There is a punishment for an attempt on someone life, right?
there is no punishment for destroying someones property??

My advice is never booby trap your house. No way. Have a guard dog, a gate, cameras, and an alarm system like I have done, but booby traps can maim someone permanently, the wrong person. Like the firefighter trying to save your home.

Err, it depends honestly. You would have to burn a damn hospital down or crush 20 cars with a tank before a judge in CA will give you a lot of time.

You break into a house, or a closed business? You're probably getting probation at worst.

There's been people who have been arrested literally 50 times in a decade... No real punishment there

California did have a 3 strike law. You commit 3 felonies, it's 25 to life.

Here's the problem. Most of those people are simple drug dealers. Look at the story of Freeway Rick Ross. I mean, shit. Most of that money came from the contras.

Honestly, the Justice system is complex. I'll still defend my thoughts that property crime should be treated seriously. If that person is caught in the act by the owner.

But this system needs serious fixing. That's my final statement on that

And if you want to be technical, we have the world's largest prison population.

How do we solve this?

Rehabilitate. Prison makes most people more violent.

Decriminalize drugs. Watch the drug turf war shootings lessen. Watch the gangs lose power over valuable drug turf.

Contradictory to my above statements, but the people who DID steal or commit robberies with otherwise clean-"ish" records should serve their time and be released into a work program

Jobs are plentiful for me. I have mechanic skills, assistant skills, a long line of working retail.

That man who fell on hard times, held up Joe Blow liquor and served 10 years? Not so easy. Teach skills.

Success is what you make of it. Determination is key.

A life of crime must be easier to most than a 9-5 job. That's a attitude amongst our criminals that needs to change. Otherwise, there is just a reciprocating cycle of "Bob robs Joe's liquor store and gets 2 years."
Bob gets released. Can't find a job. The allure of making a quick $500 from Joe's liquor is easier than putting in 10 job applications a day.

So, yes, I am a very lenient man in that sense.
I'm well too aware of the problems in this world, and the complexity of such issues. Hell, don't bother asking me how I feel about illegals, for example. I have different opinions, depending on how you make me look at it

I know people that have been to prison and became productive members of society.
I had the honor of shaking the hand of someone formerly involved in tons of meth (literally, by weight). Who cleaned up. Found peace and wouldn't hurt a soul.

Some would call him a murderer. Others would call him a businessman. I call him what he is; a currently normal average tax paying person with a rocky past.

Last edited:
By breaking up "ghettos" =
Broken windows theory,
Break down economic dependance and segregation to save more Bobs', and to break up turfs.

Rethink, and redefine what rehabilitation is. I mean, there is an open prison e.g. in Norway.
....juvies barely exist in various countries and I think that once a person gets into juvie for a misdemeanour then that shapes them.

The state or county should provide work to some (that actually pays) fresh-out-of-jail-Bobs' otherwise Bob risks falling into the cycle..

Make education more ?accessible?... If Freeway Rick Ross hadn't been illiterate he might have obtained a college scholarship.
------
You're right though.. PC 594 doesn't become a wobbler unless the damages are $400+.

California still has the three strikes law. Prop. 36, '12 - only imposed if the 3rd is violent &/ serious. I get what you mean though.. there is plenty of grey area where the law is undefined and not clear.

Also, I think Bob can't get a job because he got a record :worried:

And if you want to be technical, we have the world's largest prison population.

How do we solve this?

Rehabilitate. Prison makes most people more violent.

Decriminalize drugs. Watch the drug turf war shootings lessen. Watch the gangs lose power over valuable drug turf.

Contradictory to my above statements, but the people who DID steal or commit robberies with otherwise clean-"ish" records should serve their time and be released into a work program

Jobs are plentiful for me. I have mechanic skills, assistant skills, a long line of working retail.

That man who fell on hard times, held up Joe Blow liquor and served 10 years? Not so easy. Teach skills.

Success is what you make of it. Determination is key.

A life of crime must be easier to most than a 9-5 job. That's a attitude amongst our criminals that needs to change. Otherwise, there is just a reciprocating cycle of "Bob robs Joe's liquor store and gets 2 years."
Bob gets released. Can't find a job. The allure of making a quick $500 from Joe's liquor is easier than putting in 10 job applications a day.

So, yes, I am a very lenient man in that sense.
I'm well too aware of the problems in this world, and the complexity of such issues. Hell, don't bother asking me how I feel about illegals, for example. I have different opinions, depending on how you make me look at it

I know people that have been to prison and became productive members of society.
I had the honor of shaking the hand of someone formerly involved in tons of meth (literally, by weight). Who cleaned up. Found peace and wouldn't hurt a soul.

Some would call him a murderer. Others would call him a businessman. I call him what he is; a currently normal average tax paying person with a rocky past.

Have you thought about joining a political forum? :grin: . We also have a News and Politics Thread in the forum, too.

That's all. I'm finished speaking here.