Do you take yourself seriously?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy

Why or why not?

Do you think society/people in general take themselves too seriously?

yes
i don't know, i just do.
no, not really.

“And during the few moments that we have left, we want to talk, right down to
earth, in a language that everybody here can easily understand.” (Malcolm X)

Look in my eyes, what do you see?
the Cult of Personality
I know your anger, I know your dreams
I've been everything you wanna be ohhh…
I'm the Cult of Personality
Like Mussolini and Kennedy
the Cult of Personality
the Cult of Personality

Neon lights, Nobel Prize
When a mirror speaks, the reflection lies
You won't have to follow me
Only you can set me free

I sell the things you need to be
I'm the smiling face of your T.V. ohh…
I exploit you; still you love me
I tell you one and one makes three ohh…
Like Joseph Stalin and Gandhi ohh…
the Cult of Personality
the Cult of Personality

Neon lights, Nobel Prize
When a leader speaks, that leader dies
You won't have to follow me
Only you can set you free

(Guitar solo)

You gave me fortune, you gave me fame
You gave me power in your God's name
I'm every person you need to be ohh…
I'm, the, Cult, of, Per, Son, Al, Ity

Yes I take myself very seriously. Far too seriously to be honest. A lot of my friends will tell me to stop taking myself so seriously and just hang loose once and a while and let things just relax and let go. Tis very hard for me to do though. I pretty much have two modes: full and nothing. It's pretty hard to find that middle ground. I can with practice but I often need an external party to inform me to do so.

Lol hardly xD

probably. some have valid reasons to; sometimes the situation warrants it. other times people are just being uptight :p

Yes I take myself very seriously. Far too seriously to be honest. A lot of my friends will tell me to stop taking myself so seriously and just hang loose once and a while and let things just relax and let go. Tis very hard for me to do though. I pretty much have two modes: full and nothing. It's pretty hard to find that middle ground. I can with practice but I often need an external party to inform me to do so.

This^^^.

I am often like this too. Although really, I probably appear to be more serious I am, at least in my head. I know that a lot of my peers at school view me as the very serious quiet one. But within my close circle of friends, they know me as the one with a somewhat offbeat sense of of humor. I think I've learned to take life fairly light heartedly after being depressed a few years ago, and to focus my seriousness when/where it best serves me.

Yes and No.

Why or why not?

Yes, because I enjoy life more that way. If I don't take myself seriously, that usually means I've given up or I don't care, depending on the situation. Though I guess I'd have to clarify that I think I can be funny or light-hearted and still be taking myself very seriously.

Nope. I think there's too many on both sides to say that people in general should either take themselves more seriously or less seriously. I'd say it's more of an individual thing.

al-gore-is-manbearpig.jpg

I'm super, dooper serial!

Reactions: 1 person
This question is somewhat vague, or I'm interpreting some meaning which isn't really there.

I am a serious person. I don't take myself seriously.

This question is somewhat vague, or I'm interpreting some meaning which isn't really there.

I am a serious person. I don't take myself seriously.

Hmmmm, I guess I don't really see the difference here either. Though when I think about "taking myself seriously" I'm usually focusing on whether I care about what I do or say. That said, I can't really say I've been serious without taking myself seriously, or vice versa.

ETA: I should add that somehow I assumed you saw them as the same, when really you said no such thing. Oh well.

Last edited:
On some subjects yes, on others i take myself rediculously rediculous.

Uhhhhhh yeah but only sometimes on certain things that I feel are important as a matter of principle.

If I tried, I'd end up walking into a bookcase by mistake, destroying any illusion of solemnity. :m054:

I'm serious about my opinions though.

only on the inside

- Yes and no. I used to take myself quite seriously, but then realized it wasn't necessary. OTOH, i am a serious person which i'm happy with.

Why or why not?
- Probably cuz i always believed that life was harder than it had to be.

- No, i'd say the opposite. Sometimes we take things too lightly.