Do you take yourself seriously? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you take yourself seriously?

No. I laugh with everything, especially my failures. I don't laugh when a friend needs emotional support though.

Why or why not?

It is the only thing that keeps me sane.
If I take things too seriously, I tend to dwell on them and keep analysing them.

Do you think society/people in general take themselves too seriously?

No.

It depends who I'm with really. If I'm with my mates, then I laugh at myself and at everything else, I don't even notice what I say, but when I'm alone, I tend to go back over the day and analyse everythign to within an inch of its life, so yes and no.

As for whether the people in our society take things too seriously, I guess that's an individual thing, but generally, I'd say that they do.

Why or why not?

Do you think society/people in general take themselves too seriously?

Most all the time I do. It basically depends on what I am thinking about at the time.

I pretty much dwell on serious things, take care of serious things, and am depended on seriously. "Myself" is more about others, though. If I were more about myself, it may possibly cause a change in the way I perceive things. I seriously doubt there would be much change in how I take things even then. Placing myself first could possibly cause a meltdown, leaving me with little direction.

As for society/people in general; most close to me take me seriously. Those important to me to be influenced by my being serious, concerning specific things, do not take me(my thoughts and words) seriously enough for my personal satisfaction. That usually causes me more intense thinking when things go differently than the way I feel they should go, as most of the time those said things become more complex and more difficult to try and neutralize for all parties involved. "Tipping the scales" is not as serious to me as neutrality. Trying to help balance things once they have gotten too far out of balance causes me grief because there are usually more problems to deal with later. I cannot judge how others take themselves, as I know only what I have been shown or what I feel to be true. I dislike being fed partials, though that seems to be the norm. The rest I have to uncover the best way or ways I can.

People of power and great influence should take most all things seriously(imo), as many people will be influenced by their actions or inaction. I feel it more difficult to take most things seriously the more one has on the table to deal with, so it becomes less intrusive witnessing inaction the older I get. Understanding human nature more every day helps to deal with the way or ways others take themselves or others, though that still does not make it right in my mind. People only have so much time, and I have seen under the sun far too many people trying to force their ideals on others without taking the needed time to deal with the realities and threats around them they often ignore or sometimes do not care enough about.

Maybe the challenges in life get more complicated for reasons beyond that which I have given much thought. Maybe the challenges have less to do with others and the way they take their own lives than I think. Maybe I am at war in my own mind with things I only perceive to be way out of balance. It seems the more I share with specific people to balance things, the less they listen. Yet, at the same time, in appearance, it is like the "other side" is obviously listening and doing all they can to make things more out of balance. Seriously. :m075:

Last edited:
sometimes i feel like life is too serious for us to also be serious, you know? like we're compounding the seriousness of it by adopting a less than nonchalant attitude towards life..

Reactions: 1 person
sometimes i feel like life is too serious for us to also be serious, you know? like we're compounding the seriousness of it by adopting a less than nonchalant attitude towards life..

I think the infj is more apt to take things more seriously in the world around them because they are what they are. "Protector, counselor, comfortor" and the likes tend to lean toward helping others, at least the way I see it. I do not feel as if I personally am trying to take life more seriously than others around me; maybe it is just my nature.

Last edited: