Do you like teasing: giving or receiving? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you like teasing: giving or receiving?

My bff have this line of abuses we throw at eachother, we have done it since Highschool

Bitch
Slut
Wore
Cunt
STD infested Cunt bubble...
Purple Vaginal Discharge...

(gross I know...but it always makes us laught)

My dad and I always call each other some variation of
"red-headed, hair-lipped, buck-tooth, HIV positive, step child!"

And if gets annoyed he says
"I'll tape you upside down and use your head as a scrub brush"

My dad and I always call each other some variation of
"red-headed, hair-lipped, buck-tooth, HIV positive, step child!"

And if gets annoyed he says
"I'll tape you upside down and use your head as a scrub brush"

Yea we got those too...

born on a fence post...

I brought you into this world I can take you out of it...(probably not funny...now that I think about it)

Red headed step child (when I dyed my hair red...)

come to think of it...these are not funny at all...

i like teasing if it's natural, and not forced. It's gets old after a while if they don't know when to quit. Must be able to interact with someone outside of teasing. it's tiring having to entertain someone all the time.

Teasing is very common in Native culture and used as a way to teach proper behavior. If someone who is older and cares about you gets really serious rather than tease you, you have really F'd up. I tease people I know in the same cruel seeming way described by others. My sister and I (who I love soooo much) do the name calling and if you can't find another offensive word without repeat, you lose. Sometimes our teasing hurts for whatever reason (bad day and such) and we are able to verbalize with each other that we are Not In The Mood. I will tease others in what I hope is a lighthearted way (not laughing at stumbling or anything). If I sense hurt or withdrawal I will leave them be. I think it is the fastest way to make a personal connection. I guess it depends on how you grew up and how sensitive you are whether it bothers you or not.

I never used to mind playful teasing and I can find it funny to bash on people, but I get nervous that sometimes it might be too easy to take it too far without knowing it and accidentally really hurt someones feelings. I have done this before, and had it done to me before, and even though we both knew it was a joke, it still stung more than it was intended. To me, it really isn't worth this risk, and so I don't usually play along with teasing anymore. I don't ever want to make someone feel bad about themselves, even if it might be accidentally. You can't always trust that people will tell you everything they might be insecure about.

I also grew up around someone like my father, who was basically always trying to act like a big brother by pushing me around by the shoulders and teasing me and constantly pointing out things I was doing and making me feel watched and judged all the time, so I might be a little ruined in that respect. He thinks he is just showing love, but your tactics need revising when it is clear the other person isn't enjoying themselves. Then it is just pure selfishness and bullying.

I never used to mind playful teasing and I can find it funny to bash on people, but I get nervous that sometimes it might be too easy to take it too far without knowing it and accidentally really hurt someones feelings. I have done this before, and had it done to me before, and even though we both knew it was a joke, it still stung more than it was intended. To me, it really isn't worth this risk, and so I don't usually play along with teasing anymore. I don't ever want to make someone feel bad about themselves, even if it might be accidentally. You can't always trust that people will tell you everything they might be insecure about.

I also grew up around someone like my father, who was basically always trying to act like a big brother by pushing me around by the shoulders and teasing me and constantly pointing out things I was doing and making me feel watched and judged all the time, so I might be a little ruined in that respect. He thinks he is just showing love, but your tactics need revising when it is clear the other person isn't enjoying themselves. Then it is just pure selfishness and bullying.

+1

Last edited:
Yes, I tease my sisters all the time when I'm around them. I almsot can't stop myself from doing it. It is just so easy.

As we all know I'm passive-aggressive.
Teasing is something I would say I do
frequently, yes. Do I mind when others
tease me? Not really. As long as your
facial expressions support that you're
"teasing".

I don't really tease others much....other types of humor come much more naturally and are a beter fit for me. I'm pretty sensitive about accidently causing any hurt, so I generally don't go there unless I am teasing with a compliment.