Do you like a slower or faster pace of life? | INFJ Forum

Do you like a slower or faster pace of life?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
I notice that I'm not someone who likes rushing things whether it's completing a task or responsibility or a hobby. Speed usually creates anxiety. However, our world today is governed by speed, getting things done quickly, immediately, with less patience. But yet, I still find myself enjoying things more when they're not rushed. I enjoy being able to take my time.

How about you - do you like a slower or faster pace of life?

[video=youtube;-fkIKmwbZQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fkIKmwbZQk[/video]

Slower from what I've noticed in relation to other people.
I feel better with certainty, and moving too fast doesn't allow me the time to think through and process how I feel about the act/event (in the moment and possibly including the potential outcomes). I think I have a lot of unprocessed emotional material, so many decisions trigger an emotional backdrop that must be dealt with. Hence, slower.

Reactions: Gaze
Faster, I like lots of stimulation. If things get too slow I get lethargic or I get antsy and start looking for things to complicate my life.

I like to be busy and feel challenged, but I hate to be rushed.

I think I prefer a slow pace most of the time. I hate being rushed along. I like the feeling of having spent hours on something and not knowing where the time went even though I may not have accomplished much.

I have to be busy and constantly involved. If not, I get bored and tend to sink further and further into the realm of couch-potatoes.

I have to be busy and constantly involved. If not, I get bored and tend to sink further and further into the realm of couch-potatoes.

This. I need things to do, or I just start wasting my time. But I don't like to be rushed when working on something, especially if it is something I am heavily interested in because I tend to be a perfectionist. Sometimes my best work comes from being rushed though, so it depends.

I prefer taking things in at a slower pace, or I guess I'd simply call it .. in a more focused, detail-aware way. I think quality in life is derived from that, and I think this method is key to becoming more skillful with a specialization. At the same time though, I always like to think to myself about how life is short, so in that way I like living pretty fast-paced and trying out a lot of things to accumulate tons of experience. I love expanding my pool of collected data.

I suppose I like to take a lot of things in, very quickly, in a hyper-aware and present sort of way. I do like to stop and smell the flowers a lot too though, but I feel like after a while of that it's like my mind turns to mush and can't get itself to do anything but sit around and smell and contemplate in my little bubble of stagnation.

I like a fast internal pace, but not a fast exterior environment.

Give me a pause button for everyone else and I'll be happy.

^^ yes.

inside, everything feels quite strong.

so externally, i like slow place life ---- i want quiet.

Both fast and slow. I can be extremely relaxed and cruisy and extremely fast and efficient. I can get impatient when things arent moving fast enough. Very task focussed, sometimes to the detriment of others. I like everything to be done as practically and effeciently as possible. Dont like to waste time because time is all we have. But then what does that even mean? I do enjoy long periods of intropection, reflecting and thinking or just being. That quiet time is just as important as getting all the 'other stuff' done, and makes the other stuff more worthwhile. What are we working for anyway? Life is all about all these moments of peace and joy in between, and sometimes we have to slow right down to notice those. Sometimes i compeletly lose perspective when i get focused on a task or project.

But i cant stand feeling rushed by others. Its a horrible feeling.

I love life when its slow because its so relaxed and I get time to myself but I also love how when my life is active there is so much to do and many opportunities to explore. When its fast pace it can be exciting and more interesting but that gets tiring after awhile. I always love to have time to move slowly every once in awhile. I need that.

I think I'm good either way so long as I don't feel rushed--that is often the cause of too much anxiety. I probably prefer a slower pace so I can meander along and explore random tangent byways of life. But I'm also well aware that if I'm left to my own devices like that long enough, my mind will do me no good and lead me into a blackhole of veg, and I need to turn the volume up a bit to remain a decent member of society.

I feel the need for speed.

I think a combination of [MENTION=1451]Billy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1009]bamf[/MENTION] sums it up good. I think fast, make fast decisons...I hate waiting for people to process stuff...*yawn* However, when I need time to withdraw and contemplate, I'm a ghost....gone. Most of the time, I'm doing a lot, everyday.

I prefer slower life but I do want to keep busy most of the time, I just don't want to have many things I have to focus on at once since that stresses me out. But having not enough stuff going on for a long time is not good since that builds a kind of anxiety for me as well.

snail-vs-turtle.jpg

How I feel most of the time. Sorry for the bad language.

I am at my worst when I'm overwhelmed, hurried or put in a stressful situation. And even noise, traffic, crowds, etc, drain me really quickly and turn me into a nasty, grumpy person. So, I prefer a much slower pace of life. I very rarely get bored or restless.

Reactions: knight in battle
It varies. While working mostly anything moving at a slow pace will irritate me. Generally I suppose I prefer things moving moderately slow, given lengths in advance to form decisions. I've always had a pretty terrible grasp of time. Maybe even a pretty strong fear of it too. I would prefer to sit still and have time pause with me for a little while.