Do you like a slower or faster pace of life? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you like a slower or faster pace of life?

My own variable pace.

I like to be busy and feel challenged, but I hate to be rushed.
I think it's a mixture of this.

I'd like to be: a) able to set my own pace, and b) still have stimulation and challenge and lessons without it overwhelming me to the degree of mental breakdown / being incapacitated, and c) still reaching my destination ASAP.

that is two standards directly clashing, because I know I'll feel better by going slow, and I know I'll go farther by going quick. I think it is part of my problem. :|

In general I'd like to move as far as possible in a stroke. That made me generally more careful..and at the same time, more lazy, I guess. :|

Slower

I am at my worst when I'm overwhelmed, hurried or put in a stressful situation. And even noise, traffic, crowds, etc, drain me really quickly and turn me into a nasty, grumpy person. So, I prefer a much slower pace of life. I very rarely get bored or restless.

I am very much the same. Too much going on at once and I have a very hard time focusing and like you said too, I find it very draining. When I find myself in fast paced situations that feel forced or rushed, I do whatever I can to remove myself from it as quickly as possible. I just can't think or process my thoughts and feelings properly at that sort of pace.

I am very much the same. Too much going on at once and I have a very hard time focusing and like you said too, I find it very draining. When I find myself in fast paced situations that feel forced or rushed, I do whatever I can to remove myself from it as quickly as possible. I just can't think or process my thoughts and feelings properly at that sort of pace.

yep, the same. But it's difficult sometimes to feel comfortable operating this way because everything is so fast paced.

Depends on my mood, sometimes I get bored easily and need a lot of action to keep me engaged, other days I just want to chill out. Of course after work and such , all I want to do is sleep the sleep of the dead.

I've lived in big cities but I don't think I could do that for my whole life.

I really like the pace of smaller cities... Ottawa is probably my favorite city in the world and I would love to live there. I also wouldn't mind a small town... but I wouldn't want to live out in the countryside with only a few people around, even though that can be nice too.

Sometimes I think it would be amazing to live in a really isolated cabin in Alaska... and only fly out once or twice a month to get food.

If it was feasible I would choose the most agonizingly slow pace as possible so I could take in and enjoy everything. Some times you have to be on the bounce, but for the majority...I just want to enjoy it. Sure bad juju gets on us from time to time, but we make it through.

I like being busy and I'm not really happy to bum around. But I like taking my time. I become too anxious when everything is being rushed.