Do you know an ISFP? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do you know an ISFP?

*buys quinny lots of candy and showers him with it*
better??

Can we huggles and many like entyqua did put her foot in it??

*crosses fingers*
Posted via Mobile Device

Much better! All is forgiven. :wink:

My feelings are still hurt, you can buy me lots of candy to make up for it. :m075:
What happened? *is absent-minded as all stereotypical enfps*

p.s. Megan Fox I think is ESTP. Like Monica Bellucci.

Last edited:
I agree with both of your concerns actually. McCartney could be ESFP too, but he resembles more of my ISFP friends than the ESFP friends. Remember, he's a celebrity and we mostly see his stage behavior. Similarly with MJ - he is way too mechanical to be led by primary Fi, and also way too providing, giving. I believe on stage you get to see his inferior Fe going wild. If you know enough ISTPs and INTPs closely, you would see that behind the cold Ti-primary they can sometimes turn to this Fe and become the most caring individuals ever. It's very hard to analyze, I use facial features too, but who knows.

Two of my closest friends are ISTP and INTP, and MJ was nothing like either of them. I'm really not sure where you're getting the "mechanical" thing from, maybe you're confusing his introversion or his shyness with Ti?

Also I think you might be underestimating the generosity of I*FPs, just look at the descriptions of ISFPs in this very thread and you'll see that practically all of them talk about how ISFPs love to express their affection for people by doing things for them and giving them gifts.

In all the interviews I ever saw of him Jackson was very much a feeler, practically an archetype for Fi dominants. INTPs have a distanced, nerdy, analytical quality to them that I*FPs don't, especially not ISFPs, and ISTPs have a real "don't give a f*ck" vibe going on, something that MJ certainly didn't have.

Oh and IMO trying to type people by their facial features is asking for trouble. It's one of the main reasons why socionics is such a deeply flawed system.

I wonder, do you agree that Dustin Hoffman is ISTP? He isn't much like Clint Eastwood, you know.

To me that depends very much on personal character, MBTI is just a cognitive shell.

Last edited:
I wonder, do you agree that Dustin Hoffman is ISTP? He isn't much like Clint Eastwood, you know.

I've never tried typing Hoffman before but if I took a guess at him I wouldn't type him as an ISTP, no. If I was to take another, wilder guess at what his type actually is I'd be tempted to say INTP, but I might be being influenced too much by his character in The Graduate with that assessment. =/

To me that depends very much on personal character, MBTI is just a cognitive shell.
What do you mean by that? Are you saying that MBTI type is solely what we choose to express ourselves as and doesn't have any deeper things to say about who we really are on the inside? Or are you just saying that we can only type other people based on what they choose to show us?

If it's either of those two I'd disagree with the former, but definitely agree with the latter.

I mean it's like a machinary, which you can use for different goals. Not all ISTPs and INTPs are actually that cold in behavior, because they also have the mighty Fe, if they decide to turn to it.

MJ is a dancing genius, he can't be anything but ISxP, I hope we agree. But he is very different from all ISFPs I know, nothing like them. He resembles much more the precision of IxTPs, he is robot-like, mechanical, in his movements, he has strong restraint and control, which Fi-primary doesn't have.

p.s. Megan Fox I think is ESTP. Like Monica Bellucci.

Completely different vibes. Monica has that strong Fe tertiary that was mentioned. She is much more Fe than Fi when expressing her emotional side, but that Ti presence is very clear in her eyes, though her Se does seem to be her dominant trait. Don't forget, she's Italian, so she's going to have a cultural bias toward expressing emotion that stands outside of Jungian functions.

I think you're making the association between Fox and Bellucci because they look a lot alike. Vibes are very different. Bellucci is an outward feeler underneath the rest. Fox is an inward feeler from square one.

Bellucci's vibe says 'Now!' (Se). Fox's vibe says 'Me!' (Fi).

monica-bellucci-20050601-43942.jpg

*shrug* I don't find them to look similar, just that they behave similar. ESTPs are the commanding narcissist type. And they achieve this effect without having to talk much. They just enter the room.

Another example: Sophia Loren.

*shrug* I don't find them to look similar, just that they behave similar. ESTPs are the commanding narcissist type. And they achieve this effect without having to talk much. They just enter the room.

Another example: Sophia Loren.

Another ESTP, yes. Fox, however, I'm just not seeing it at all. ESFP, maybe. Fi, absolutely.

I am an ISFP. I feel like I come off as cold and indifferent and shy at times, whereas in reality, I'm just quietly perceiving what is going on around me. If it seems like an ISFP tries to get into your head really quickly, it is probably something that has been on their mind for a while and they're not sure how to approach it. So they start with something light in order to segway into something more serious.

Reactions: NeverAmI
I am an ISFP. I feel like I come off as cold and indifferent and shy at times, whereas in reality, I'm just quietly perceiving what is going on around me. If it seems like an ISFP tries to get into your head really quickly, it is probably something that has been on their mind for a while and they're not sure how to approach it. So they start with something light in order to segway into something more serious.

Thank you for the enlightenment! Great avatar btw.

Thanks! Any other questions about how ISFPs work?

Firstly, have you known any ISFP men in life? I am interested to see the difference between female and male.

How much of your emotion do you suppress?

When you were young how gullible were you?

How analytical do you consider yourself?

Sorry, I have a LOT more!

I also have Quinlan here to pull reference from.

Firstly, have you known any ISFP men in life? I am interested to see the difference between female and male.

I also have Quinlan here to pull reference from.

I don't think I've known any ISFP men, but I really don't know enough about the MBTI personalities to judge that. I suppress most of my emotions when I'm around people that I'm not close with, but when I'm surrounded by familiar faces I'm very easy going and will say what's on my mind. Expressing emotions can be very uncomfortable for me because I do hate conflict, which is stereotypical for my type. I often find that emotional displays only end up resulting in bad news, so I try to go with a practical and logical approach to life.

When I was younger, I was pretty gullible. But, it was more a case of not wanting to be rude and try to tell people they were lying to me than actually believing what they were saying. If someone was telling me the truth and I falsely called them out, I would feel bad about it.

I am a very analytical person, but this also usually tends to be an inner process rather than a spoken one. It also shows up in my attention to detail. I am a visual artist and will scrutinize over small details if I haven't gotten something the way I want it to be.

I don't think I've known any ISFP men, but I really don't know enough about the MBTI personalities to judge that. I suppress most of my emotions when I'm around people that I'm not close with, but when I'm surrounded by familiar faces I'm very easy going and will say what's on my mind. Expressing emotions can be very uncomfortable for me because I do hate conflict, which is stereotypical for my type. I often find that emotional displays only end up resulting in bad news, so I try to go with a practical and logical approach to life.

When I was younger, I was pretty gullible. But, it was more a case of not wanting to be rude and try to tell people they were lying to me than actually believing what they were saying. If someone was telling me the truth and I falsely called them out, I would feel bad about it.

I am a very analytical person, but this also usually tends to be an inner process rather than a spoken one. It also shows up in my attention to detail. I am a visual artist and will scrutinize over small details if I haven't gotten something the way I want it to be.

Would you consider yourself a perfectionist with most things in your life?

What was your path of discovering you are ISFP?

Quinlan, please feel more than welcome to provide your input as well! I don't want to intrude though.

I can only say from what I have experienced online, that female ISFPs seem a bit more emotionally expressive and bubbly (not all of them though), they seem more like perfomers and the males like craftsmen. Perhaps the expressive bubbly ones were mistyped ESFPs.

I don't know, I don't seem to have much of a drive to express or share emotions. Feeling for me is more like a constant current flowing underneath everything, expressing it just doesn't seem necessary. In terms of moods they are very stable and generally change very slowly (unless something is really wrong). Basically I don't share much emotion but it doesn't feel like supression to me.

Not particularly, probably was a bit naive and trusting at times.

I like to dig into things and figure out "what do we really mean when we say _____ ?" kind of thing. I think I'm quite analytical but it depends very much on the situation, sometimes I'm delving deep other times I'm content to just skip the surface.

Ask away, it's fun.

Would you consider yourself a perfectionist with most things in your life?

What was your path of discovering you are ISFP?

I typically am a perfectionist. I've been a visual artist since I was a kid, so it shows in that respect. I'm also an English major and want to be an editor someday, so that makes it obvious also. But for everyday tasks I'm not as much of a perfectionist, like cooking or having perfectly ironed clothes. I'm actually typically very laid back.

My path to figuring out I am an ISFP was having IndigoSensor remind me of my results from the test he had me take a while back. I looked up the traits of ISFPs and realized that all of them do apply to me.