Do you have a purpose? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you have a purpose?

Reproduce and die.

Some people should skip the first one and go straight to the second one.

If it's reproduce and die, I guess I'll just die.

To become the leader of some benevolent underground militant pacifist faction. And live in hidden bunker and do secret missions.

Secret missions arent all they are cracked up to be.

When I was a kid, I thought I did. I thought I was destined for great heroic things, but I realize that was all part of hiding from the miserable reality right in front of me. Some people take trauma and traumatize others while some people take trauma and build grandiose dreams of being the hero and champion of the downtrodden.
This is truthfully the best thing I have ever heard you say. I almost felt an emotion just be reading it. Only almost though. But really this was insightful.

The only purpose I have is to unravel myself of the soul-deadening illusionary coping mechanisms I've put in place since I was a child, and to become a more authentic person.
Just have to see what happens after that.

here here!

well I believe I have a purpose in life that will make the world maybe only a small part of it a better place! I have goals I want to achieve I'm achieving them but not as quickly as I would like!

Then what, Thursday?
What does that even mean?

It's a form of numerology, although that was very simplified. Each # represents a different "path" in life. Typically, in numerology you have a "Life Path Number" amongst others. So for example.

If your birthday was 1-01-1950, you would add those #'s up: 1+0+1+1+9+5+0=17
Then you would add 1+7=8

So your numbers would be a 17/8 (8 being your birth path #) and the top two often means various things depending on the version of numerology. Although, the lower # being the birth path # is pretty consistent throughout. But, if you don't put any stock in numerology then who cares? :D

I like to think I have a purpose. I'm pretty sure I do -- I want to see, to educate, to do. It's just how and what that I need to figure out.

My purpose? To LIVE to the fullest extent.

Sure reproducing is good and all but we have enough people in this world lol.
j/k ish
serious now..I don't want mt purpose to be just making babies.
I know its instinct to reproduce , thus why sex feels good.
But life is just more than living my instincts

I want to reach for my dreams
Reach my max potential
Spread the love
Experience new things and travel
and I'm open to have a travel companion along the on this life's journey as well

I am such a goal-oriented person it is almost laughable. I set goals for myself on the year scale, monthly scale, week, day, and even hour scale. It is what keeps me going. I can't even imagine myself being a different way. I also agree that I find it shocking, and in someways upsetting to meet someone who doesn't know what they want to do with their life, or makes any kind of major plans at all. It is because I have always had goals for myself ever since I was a child (I mean, I knew I wanted to be a chemist when I was in 5th grade, and now I am finally making that a reality).

As far as having a purpose? Yes, I feel I do have a purpose in life, I always have felt like I have a big purpose. It really keeps me going too. Even if I don't know that the purpose is yet, I can just feel it, and I know it is there. I have been told by quite a few people ever since I was a little kid that I have a major purpose in this life, and no matter what I do I will somehow get to it. I mean I have two "the finger of god" aspects (also known as a yod) in my astrological chart.

That's fine - some might have issues with it. But it could be a feeling issue, too - to feel that you matter in some respects, that what you do counts. I can't imagine not having that or feeling that.

Hmmm. I can't decide whether I agree or disagree with this one. I wrote a page long response, only to disagree with it after I read it, and then to disagree again with myself after I read my own responses to my initial objections. I'd better keep that response to myself, I think.

Last edited:
Do you have a purpose?

Yes, to survive. Everything else is just a luxury.

but...

nevermind me, I tend to think otherwise when I'm not in such a bad mood. :D

Shit, I totally forgot my motive was survival.
Fuckshiterds.

Thanks for promptly reminding me, Last Dawn.

Fuckshiterds.

We could drop your ass on the Gaza Strip and you'd remember right quick.

Fuckshiterds.

You're welcome Slant, glad I could help :D

We could drop your ass on the Gaza Strip and you'd remember right quick.

That made me smile for some reason. Gotta love that imagination LOL

that would be midly exciting and shitlessly terrifying.

I know what my purpose is.

It's to have FUN! Just look at children, they're closer to the natural state and they know what's important... even if it's only intuitively.

My purpose is to bring the joy of Quin.

Fuckshiterds.

Without survival, you will not be able to reproduce and die. You'll just die.

Going to war is like a massive Darwin Award.

Actually I do have a serious answer. In terms of career one of the things that set me apart from a lot of other kids was that I knew exactly what I wanted to do from a very young age.

Same here (more or less). I have been a writer since I was a teenager... although the content and context have changed considerably from my original predictions!