Do you have a purpose? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do you have a purpose?

The need for purpose is a natural evolutionary reaction to the developement of a very advanced cognative ability.
As animals, we gained the ability to think coherently and imagine. We also became self aware and thus we became aware of the most natural thing to be aware of.... our end.
Our imagination is limited in that it is imaginitive and not definitive, theoretical and not factual.
Naturally we began to speculate. Some people took advantage of this and formed religion and put themeselves as head of it and spread theories to sate the fear people had of their demise. At this time our 'purpose' was to serve this oppurtunistic human being.
Two thousand years ago one thus oppurtunistic human being told everyone he was the son of 'God', an imaginitive being created to explain what happens after that 'dreaded day'. At this time our 'purpose' was to serve the ideals created by this man.
After a few years the ideals changed and hell was invented to keep the 'holy' men in power (even over kings) and the peasantry in check. In fact, you were now allowed to sin as much as you liked and you could buy yourself a get out of hell card. At this time our 'purpose' was to give to the church and make sure Mr. Pope stayed as fat as possible.
Anyway then we evolved a bit more and our ethics became more defined and all you have to do after molesting children now is 'confess'. So our 'purpose' becomes to confess to a guy with a collar.

Really and truly though, if you use your logic and actually understand in a moment of clarity that all this 'God' and 'Heaven' and 'Hell' stuff is really only a VERY human reaction to VERY big question created by our VERY evolved cognative ability. Really our true purpose was just as basic as the birds and the bees... eat, sleep, f**k and have kids.

Logically, if we had 'divine' purpose.... why are there so many religions. Logically, there would be only one, and logically there would be evidence of such 'purpose'.

The opinions expressed above are purely my own and if they disagree with you... I am very not sorry.

Do you have a purpose? Do you feel you're here for a reason? If you do/if it's yes, then what are you doing to get to your future? How have you secured it, and what are your Big Future Plans?

Life purpose? Something about living quickly and leaving behind a good-looking corpse...

Stock-sayings aside, my purpose is to become an inspiration. Make my mark by conquering my shortcomings, cultivating the talents I've been blessed with, and developing new skills in a chosen arena of expertise to the absolute best of my ability. Living confidently, happily, and leaving the world a slightly better place for somebody or somebodies.

The purpose of life is striving toward a self-determined perfection, and helping others find and achieve theirs.

My little 'vacation' from INFJ forums was precisely dedicated to fixing my immediate issues in my life that were hindering my progress. It's amazing how much can change in just a few weeks.

I'm back, bitches.

Reactions: gloomy-optimist
My little 'vacation' from INFJ forums was precisely dedicated to fixing my immediate issues in my life that were hindering my progress. It's amazing how much can change in just a few weeks.

I'm back, bitches.

:D

Glad to hear you worked some things out.

Life purpose? Something about living quickly and leaving behind a good-looking corpse...

Stock-sayings aside, my purpose is to become an inspiration. Make my mark by conquering my shortcomings, cultivating the talents I've been blessed with, and developing new skills in a chosen arena of expertise to the absolute best of my ability. Living confidently, happily, and leaving the world a slightly better place for somebody or somebodies.

The purpose of life is striving toward a self-determined perfection, and helping others find and achieve theirs.

I'm back, bitches.

WOOT! Welcome, welcome back!

You deserve a hula monkey! :mhula:

Seriously though, very, very glad to see you again. :D

ARbygil, I think its amazing of you to care about your students to that degree! :)

I wan't to be a psychiatrist, so I'm studying Physics and Chemistry this term and the next, then I will apply to Medical school. Intuitively I believe that I have the ability to, if not cure at least help relieve Schizophrenia.

In the right time and place (USA) I think my purpose is to accomplish great things and make a difference. This explains it: 'What would an actor without his audience?'