Do you experiment with drugs? | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Do you experiment with drugs?

Experienced my first trip on acid last weekend. Took an acid + mdma + speed + vodka + weed combo. My plan was to take just the acid but since we were on a rave and the night/day was long it felt right to get every hour out of the trip. It was a lengthy one. 24 hours of 4K HD and fantastic music. :)

It was a beautiful trip of high fidelity. But it also taught me more than a few lessons which I am grateful for.

As for the different substances, the a nib of mdma turns the trip into a bit warmer one plus it enchases the sharpness of every sense sensations, especially the sight. You just need to take a small piece of the tab to feel the change.
Speed helps you to keep up the initial acid energy. It works great with the acid and also brightens the mind.
Vodka gives you strength and energy to dance and to do anything physical.
Weed mellows both the speed and vodka. It also softens the comedown.
A small amount of mdma can be taken to make the comedown warmer.
All these substances are great tools but ought to be used with respect.

If any of you are going to take acid, make sure you have someone experienced psychonaut with you who will stay with you during the whole trip. The come down can be a bit cold and anxious so it is nice to have someone warm and emphatic with you. Also, I recommend you to read some buddhists texts about the nature of the mind before planning to trip. Those dharmic teachings will guide you through your journey once you have decided to take a peek on the bright side of the mind. ;)

Farewell!

Nothing harder than alcohol and weed.
I have a medical marijuana card. I’ve been on psych meds.

Alcohol is just a demon. I think it’s worse for INFJ because our emotions and thoughts run so deep. It’s difficult as it is sober to map things out. I’m not sure about other INFJ but we so seem to have an internal seething rage when some injustice is done. Either to ourselves or someone in our ever shrinking circle. Usually if hurt or angered, my thoughts swirl from plotting your demise, some horrible insults, exposing all your bullshit, self deception, how you behave and are ruining the world with your negative selfish energy.

This obviously gets rationalized away as this is not normal behavior. Those things would serve no higher purpose in life and tearing them down would not change the events.

Drunk, nope! You hear the first thing that comes to mind. No rationalizing at all. To me, it’s a problem. Not everyone faces the same.
Alcohol makes me loathe myself. That also lowers empathy because hating yourself is selfish and doesn’t allow love to flow as it should.

If I smoke weed. I take the time (extra time lol) to analyze, observe and quantify all the reasons another human would behave in such a horrible (real or perceived) manor towards another human.

I’m not angry exactly. Empathy is stronger than when not high. Anxiety is low. Depression is low. I love even deeper.

I don’t need to smoke often. Those effects linger for days. Almost the same as psych meds without the horrid side effects.

All in all, a positive experience.

My current policy on drugs and alcohol is stay away.

The euphoria of alcohol and marijuana just isn't the same as driving cars, riding motorcycles, bungee jumping, buying stock, or eating a steak.

Can confirm motorcycles!

We’ve already discussed marijuana. All the rest, yep!

Jesus H. Christ man. Farewell indeed.
View attachment 55764

It is different when you take the goods in the right order. Acid puts you in a loop but you can break that loop and guide it on different paths. Weed makes me even more analytical where as speed just pushes through the loop. Just a tiny amount of MDMA breaks the loop and brings clarity. Once you are there, booze gives you more strength to do what ever you want to do.

I do my trips during raves. I have couple of good friends with whom I drop with. Music, dancing, good guides and a lots of fun are my set and setting. I do not recommend this to anyone since it can totally fuck up your psyche. But if you know who you are, you have dealt a lot of the baggage that you are carrying with you and you have found trustworthy and skillful psychonauts then you might be ready to take the leap to the unknown. It will not be what you expected but you will feel like coming home.

I have to add that I have done everything wrong when it comes to psychedelics. Wrong set and setting according to any guide you read online. But I have never listened to guidebooks. Instead I have always listened to my intuition despite the fears of ego. Once you breakthrough you will see that the only thing that was holding you back was your ego. Once you peak, you just are where you are supposed to be.

I have to add one last thing. I grew up among people who shot heroin and speed. My version of normal is not normal in general sense. But my background is the reason why I do not feel alienated in raves and underground parties. Seeing people doing all kinds of stuff is nothing new to me. Nor is the variety of the people who come to these parties. It is not all pretty but that is just how life is. Embrace diversity!

Also as I heard it is legal everywhere.
You heard wrong, my friend.

Most states have decriminalized it.
It's legalized for medicinal purposes and requires a prescription.

But there are some states like Indiana, for example, which it's still 100% illegal.

This helps.

Reactions: Skarekrow
This might surprise some people, but I used to be a raver.
Look how surprised I am:

giphy.gif

It's pretty dangerous to experiment with them. I wouldn't risk doing that!

Im sorry to say this, but its only dangerous if you're an idiot. I started trying the stuff when I was 15. Every opportunity, I was extremely careful because I knew how fucked up things could get. I have a few friends that went through some awful experiences, but I managed to avoid all of them because I wasn't stupid.

I have repeatedly warned my friends over and over again: Don't do that, talk to a doctor first, check online for information first.... None listened to me. Im sorry, but stupid is the best word for it. If you're not stupid -- and you're over 25 -- you should be fine.

I'm sorry to say this, wolly, but this is such poor advice :unhappy:

Im not giving advice, im stating a fact. I don't believe its luck, at all. I was actively vigilant, most kids are not. That explains why others got into trouble and I didn't.

Its the same with alcohol. As a teen, ALL of my friends did really stupid shit when they were drunk. And all of it happened because they were too stupid to take it slow.