Do you ever think about doing really bad things? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you ever think about doing really bad things?

This isn't really bad per se.. But sometimes when talking to an acquaintance or a stranger in passing, I imagine making out with them.
Just right in the middle of a sentence.
Not as a sexual thing really, but just to see what would happen.

I've had thoughts like this as well.

Me too, it's wierd.

Sexual thoughts at inappropriate times, nothing beyond normal male fantasies.

Speaking of weird things, lostintranslation has an awesome avatar.

I have urges to sit in people's laps, kiss their necks, run my hands through their hair, etc. a lot, especially between 6 and 10 pm.

Doing Really Bad Things

Oh, yes. My gosh. Some voice in my head has called people racist names, told street people what to do with themselves, envisioned having intimate relations with inappropriate people, and I know this voice is not mine. I'v pictured treating people harshly because I'm annoyed by them, slicing in half an abusive partner with a scythe and pushing him off a cliff. Yikes!

I believe in metaphysical rebirth so I kind of see this as having the same potential as those we may criticise and realising the unity of humanity's vulnerability stemming from this scary but empowering source. It used to freak me out and I would even repent for thinking sacrilegious things but wholesome choices can't exist without transcending unwholesome ones. Once such thoughts pass, they were nothing but an illusion. No need to identify with them if you can discern your true motivations. :)

This seems to be the basic rule my mind follows:

when I have been around polite people, or on my own somewhat, I daydream about interesting/nice things.

when I have been around rude or intrusive people, I daydream about revenge or self-destructive activities.

I prefer the former.

Of course! I've never had explictly sexual thoughts or fantasies, but I do have that of murder.

I've read a lot of psychology books on serial killers and I think that's where the violence comes from. I would never be violent towards another living thing, but the thoughts cross my mind almost on a regular daily basis. I write stories about my ideas and make them wacky crazy and silly so that I get them out, and then after that I don't feel like being violent or destructive ^_^

I have urges to sit in people's laps, kiss their necks, run my hands through their hair, etc. a lot, especially between 6 and 10 pm.

Hahahah I have these urges all the time too. Often I try to pursue them although sometimes it is hard to get the wanted 'image'. Often, I don't think about the number of different outcomes when the 'social' meets 'cognitive'. So it may vary, fail or be somewhere along the line of a good outcome but not as the first initiated one.

I can find myself in a conversation with a guy and be thinking things of such and be sort of aroused. One time I smiled when he spoke of something serious, which was really not so appropriate xD and he wen't why are you smiling? :S

but I do have that of murder.

I'd like to add that I have that of murder too. Especially when I have been hurt by teachers, I have terrible thoughts on how to make a mass shooting spree in my school. This is to have revenge and justice for the pain they cause me and finally say 'I don't like mondays' similar to that of the inncident in the 60s (and the song).

Last edited:
Tell me WHY! Now that song will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. If you're weren't so cute and cuddly Pristine girl , I'd be annoyed... ::smile::

Not really. I'm pretty easygoing for the most part. Oh wait. I did once make it my mission to completely destroy a woman's life because she crossed someone I love. I had plans like it was Pinky and the Brain or something. But I got talked out of it by a concerned party. If you want to bring out the beast, screw with my loved ones. I wouldn't suggest it though. I can be just as mean as I am nice. Worse actually.

Tell me WHY! Now that song will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. If you're weren't so cute and cuddly Pristine girl , I'd be annoyed... ::smile::

Not really. I'm pretty easygoing for the most part. Oh wait. I did once make it my mission to completely destroy a woman's life because she crossed someone I love. I had plans like it was Pinky and the Brain or something. But I got talked out of it by a concerned party. If you want to bring out the beast, screw with my loved ones. I wouldn't suggest it though. I can be just as mean as I am nice. Worse actually.

I wanna shoot the whole day DOWN! hahah aawww ^^ :hug:

Its comments like yours that make me cute and cuddly Nickey :) Like you, I can be a cutie and a beast too :D

Last edited:
I wanna shoot the whole day DOWN! hahah aawww ^^ :hug:

Its comments like yours that make me cute and cuddly Nickey :) Like you, I can be a cutie and a beast too :D

If you and Nickey are the definitions of mean or beasty, I think the world is pretty safe.
I just can't sense any semblance of meanness or hurtfullness coming from either of your hearts. I just don't honestly think such things are within you. You are both Pristine in this way in my eyes.

If you and Nickey are the definitions of mean or beasty, I think the world is pretty safe.
I just can't sense any semblance of meanness or hurtfullness coming from either of your hearts. I just don't honestly think such things are within you. You are both Pristine in this way in my eyes.

Hahah aaww mayflow ^^, my heart tells me that there is something in what you say. I'm not the type of person who will do someone harm just because they did to me. Maybe I merely wish I could.

You are a pristine creature to this world as well.

This reminds me. One time something really bad happened to someone else and I wasn't sad. I tried but I could not feel anything. I search my emotions and found nothing. Then I landed up crying because I felt guilty about not crying. I thought I must be a terrible person for not feeling bad.

Last edited:
I don't mean consider actually doing them, but just imagining "what if?"

I find myself sitting around thinking of all sorts of really awful, rude, gross, or offensive things I could do. Sometimes I think of such bad things that I feel disgusted with myself for even imagining them. I would never actually do or even want to do these things, but they just go through my mind all the time.

Oh yeah, all the time. Maybe it's a form of internal venting? Sometimes it gets pretty twisted. *insert evil smiley here*

Not prior to reading this thread (make it stop).

Nice little birdie.......

Mayflow, as Just Me demonstrated here, there's a streak in all of us. Didn't you know? It's the nice, quiet ones you especially have to watch! It takes a lot to get them to the point where they unleash the beast, but since it happens so rarely, there's no discipline to hold it back. I know from my own experience. I hate unleashing the beast because I can't control it. And we know what hell-bent INFJ's are capable of...

I wont say my mind has never gone there; everyone's has. However, I do not think about doing horrible things that often (unless you count society). I actually almost never, meaning I might have once a year ago.

Of course, I may just not be counting this as horrible that should be counted. I don't know.

Milon, I agree.
I think those capable of most evil are the ones who believe it is not within them to commit evil. Because it's true, we are all capable of horrible things. Better to be aware of that and prepared to control the temper when it does come out.

I have a few odd sexual fantasies now and then but I never act on them. I can honestly say that I've never cared about anyone enough to want to kill or even hurt them.

In college a girl tried to destroy my life. She turned my friends against me, made it near torture to go class, the library became off limits to me and even some of the lecturers I liked distanced themselves from me. And even though she attempted to make my life hell I barely thought about her. When she eventually confronted me it was like a scene out of The Fountainhead.

She asked me what I thought of her and I said I didn't

Edit: My dad always loved to ask people he just met a question.
"Hey, have you ever just pictured yourself in your mind, vividly, taking a hammer and bashing someone's skull in?"
Rofl. They'd always give funny looks after that.

Tell your dad thanks for the new icebreaker