Do you consider yourself to be a complex person? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do you consider yourself to be a complex person?

I would say that a person from any personality type can be as complex or simple as they are. It is difficult to judge how complex a person is, even if that person is yourself. I would say the limits of complexity include the person in question, how they express themself, and their actions.

A person may be quite simple, but have wisdom or intelligence so complex as to baffle everyone around them.

I would say that people are like prisms. When examined with the light of judgement, many colors are created depending on the both the angle of the incoming light (ie who is judging the person) and the flaws of prism itself.

yes.
no more to say

I think every person is amazingly complex, but also to varying degrees. Contradictions of thoughts and behavior, subconscious motivations, cognitive dissonance, and all sorts of ironies etc. are all things that contribute to complexity.

Some things that contribute to complexity result from different levels of awareness on which people act. For example, a person who is pleasant on the surface, but has suppressed anger that they express by being distant and keeping other people more vulnerable as a way of expressing passive aggression is an example of complexity. Someone else who craves intimacy, but also fears it so that their interactions with a partner are unpredictable is complex. Someone with emotional scars that causes them to project the past onto the present creates complexities. A person who's behavior drives their life in a particular direction that they are not consciously aware of is complex. Someone with many sides to their personality, like many different sub-personalities is also complex. There are aspects to this kind of thing with people in general.

After floating around on this forum for long enough, I'm seriously starting to consider the possibility. :m075:

I'm a mixture of Nightwing, Nick Fury and Ras Al Ghul. Yeah, I'm complicated.

I think so. I say that, because no one ever completely "gets" me. Sometimes even I can't. I couldn't sleep tonight, because I just can't figure out why I let other people's negative comments bother me so.

But, then again, aren't most people complex? Or, at least, people that are worth a darn?

I don't think I'm complex. Others think so, but I believe that is a common misconception because I'm too lazy to share my every thought and feeling, and people are too impatient and bored to listen anyway.

But more than anything, I think I complicate issues and make them more complex than they really are to give myself some idea of grandeur to feed my ego which leads to a snowball of complexity and misery in just general everyday life. But I'm working on it. :)

I am aware of aspects of my complexities, but I make a daily effort to be cohesive in my thoughts and feelings. I also make constant effort to be reasonable and clear, so I work to be simpler. In a way I have a simple core around which I make the effort to organize my complexity. In this way I don't have to be engaged as a complex person even though I am. I wonder if the simple core/complex inner structure thing could be a bit of a Ni thing.

yes and no.

Yes and no seem to fit.

Complex in some ways, very very simple in others.

I don't feel I am complex however people who talk to me do. For me it's more of 'I'm not a complex person, so long as you shut the hell up long enough from me to explain my thoughts and feelings.' Though at the same time it will take many decades for me to explain all my thoughts and feelings, so I suppose I may possibly be complex *shrug*

Hell yeah!

I don't feel I am complex however people who talk to me do. For me it's more of 'I'm not a complex person, so long as you shut the hell up long enough from me to explain my thoughts and feelings.' Though at the same time it will take many decades for me to explain all my thoughts and feelings, so I suppose I may possibly be complex *shrug*

pretty much this^^^. I may not think I'm complex but to understand what I'm trying to say, it may take a moment for me to explain and to expect people to want to hear some lengthy explanations is stupid. I honestly used to believe people when they thought I was mysterious which made me think I was complex. I then took a good look at myself and realized, I'm not that complicated, although it would be really cool to think I am. lol

No.

My sentiments are in line with [MENTION=731]the[/MENTION] 's post further down

i think i am a little unique, but in terms of complexity (as in multi-layered or hard to get to know?) i think i'm average