Do you consider yourself to be a complex person? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Do you consider yourself to be a complex person?

People tell me that I am deep, whatever that means.
It means you think more than others.

Most people consider the type of donut they get in the morning to be a complex question, sometimes even life altering.

No, I actually believe I am rather easy to understand.
At the same time, I believe a lot of other people lack the intellect to understand me.

Yes, but then I don't believe that there are simple people. Even the most seemingly straight forward and shallow person has numerous facets to their personality.

To say nothing of how complex an organ the brain is.

Most people consider the type of donut they get in the morning to be a complex question, sometimes even life altering.

But it is. When choosing a morning doughnut there are so many variable to take into account. First you need something which will release sugar at a steady rate. You also need to balance taste with sustenance. Sprinkles add to the taste but won't fill you. While a cream filling means that the doughnut will take longer to eat, but the sugar high will come too early you'll feel the low well before lunch.

It's plays a major part in how your day will go.

People also can be complex when they don't understand themselves.

:m107:

Or maybe they are simpletons and dont understand themselves. Im not sure what youre getting at.

The adults are never labelled as "complex"...people know where they stand with them. With childrens...they are indeed very complex.

I really dislike when people decide that a certain group of people, lets say INFJs, are all a certain way, like all are not complex or all are complex. We obviously all have different definitions of what 'complex' means to us.

I'm thinking that when I was 20 I would have thought I wasn't complex. I know better now. I am complex because I can adapt, I can review my beliefs when new information or new experiences come my way. I am complex because I cannot tell you how I will be in a year from now let a lone in five years or ten years. I am complex because I can view things from every perspective possible and make a different decision every time depending on circumstances. I am complex because I'm still trying to figure out all the different layers of feelings and thoughts that can come up during different life experiences. I am complex because I don't judge a person at face value or label them according to my personal experience but can take into consideration the situation and view people and their environment in a holistic manner so as not to put them in these little neat boxes of what I think they are but am open to them surprising me or showing me different facets of themselves that is not so obvious.

I don't go around telling people that I am complex. I'm the only person that knows how complex I am. I am straightforward and honest and have strong beliefs about certain things and those things might make people believe that I am simple to figure out but nobody really knows me because I do not share with others all that goes on in my head and in my heart. It would probably just complicate things with the people around me if I shared all of that so I keep it simple for them most of the time. In recent years I have definitely really surprised many people. I've even surprised myself.

I think everybody is complex to a certain degree but I have a feeling that I am more so than most people around me, although maybe I'm not. I don't think being complex is necessarily a good thing because it can really bog you down, but at the same time it can open you up to a lot more possibilities than if you limit yourself to a simple way of thinking about everything. It all depends on how you handle it and how you learn from your experiences.