[INFJ] - Do we really have empathy? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Do we really have empathy?

Often times there is a lot of misunderstanding with written words. If we were sitting together in person I believe we would have a MUCH more positive conversation as there is A LOT of missing information on both sides.

@Tin Man you made it personal by making untrue, hurtful accusations. That’s where this discussion took a turn for the worst.

No. Y'all suck ok.

No. Y'all suck ok.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Pin
Whoa! Another ENTJ in the forums?!

Holy shet. @Pin

Now you have another person to c̶o̶m̶p̶e̶t̶e̶ converse with! And she's female. :wink:

I feel I have some matchmaking to do.

Holy shet. @Pin

Now you have another person to c̶o̶m̶p̶e̶t̶e̶ converse with! And she's female. :wink:

I'm an OG on this forum. Respect.

Holy shet. @Pin

Also, excuse you Jenny. I never offered up my ovaries to anyone. They are not yours to sell.

Reactions: Wyote
Also, excuse you Jenny. I never offered up my ovaries to anyone. They are not yours to sell.

I promise I won't sell your ovaries haha

Reactions: Wyote and bionic
You wouldn't be able to if you tried.

Reactions: JennyDaniella

Holy shet. @Pin

Worry not. She will tap-out first.

The gist is that infjs have an aptitude for mirroring, which doesn't necessarily mean they genuinely care for others. I think that's the post's definition of empathy and I agree to a degree, empathy has the element of sympathy in it by definition.
The most interesting part of the post, however, which supports the point they make very well, is the mechanisms of mirroring. And in this case it's assumption. Sometimes really intricate, with some infjs being able to read body language and nuances of behavior very well, the infamous ni stare, which then get filtered to distill the essence of a person. Or it can be as crude as, you drive without your seat belt on, therefore you're reckless, therefore you're a deadbeat, therefore you're Bad™.
I doubt most infjs believe they're Jesus on a lack dragon, with magical powers, unless they're having a psychotic break. However, an ni-se loop with Ti running in the background can have more complex concequences than being too nice and turning into a doormat (which I do hear a lot). Mirroring at an extreme degree can alienate you from others, thinking people are your friends when they're only fair weather friends of themselves (the image the infj projects), or thinking you have invested your time and energy, and even love perhaps, to people, when in reality you were locked up in your head.