[INFJ] - Do we really have empathy? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Do we really have empathy?

And you think you're right?

I don't recall making any deeply cutting personal remarks at all to Tin Man. Zilch.

I thought the exchange was civil. Then, I get this:

"You'll be just destructive influence in her life, one who'll force their way upon a child who needs support and acceptance. I do feel sorry for your goddaugher, but only because she has you for a godmother." ~ T.M.

Oh yes, I think I am in the right.

I don't recall making any deeply cutting personal remarks at all to Tin Man. Zilch.

I thought the exchange was civil. Then, I get this:

"You'll be just destructive influence in her life, one who'll force their way upon a child who needs support and acceptance. I do feel sorry for your goddaugher, but only because she has you for a godmother." ~ T.M.

Oh yes, I think I am in the right.
I don't blame you for believing that, but you're wrong.

I don't blame you for believing that, but you're wrong.

waah? :neutral:

@Tin Man, I see where you misconstrued some of my comments and probably applied them to yourself rather than the other people in question. For J, having Asperger's has been a curse. She was a walking target, especially because she was kind to people. I told you that she wanted to die because of her life experiences as a girl with Asperger's. You don't know this because you didn't mess with gathering any information, but my mom and I brag on her talents and tell her that she's wonderful. We watched the movie about Temple Grandin to inspire her. But you didn't bother with questions.

In addition, if I am idiotic enough to share important moments in my life here, don't argue with me and insist it didn't happen -- not only about my experiences, but also about the root or contributing factors that led up to said experience. That takes some gall.I know my own life, thanks.

Instead of picking fights you could participate in a productive discussion since you are on the spectrum yourself.

@Tin Man @Lurk

I don't understand what's happening, and I'm not asking anyone to explain, anything. Please can you leave things, until tomorrow at least.

That's it. No orders, no agenda, but I hope you will.

As for anyone else. Same thing. I think there's been enough conflict on the forum recently.

I guess I'll maybe get bashed over the head for asking, but there it is.

That's fine with me. I explained myself to @Tin Man, and I would rather not spend my weekend fighting over hurtful but absurd comments. We make peace or ignore each other. This crap is a waste of time.

@Tin Man @Lurk

I don't understand what's happening, and I'm not asking anyone to explain, anything. Please can you leave things, until tomorrow at least.

That's it. No orders, no agenda, but I hope you will.

As for anyone else. Same thing. I think there's been enough conflict on the forum recently.

I guess I'll maybe get bashed over the head for asking, but there it is.
Screw you James! Jerk

I regret writing that in the state I was in. Tired, emotional, and after a very draining few days. I don't apologies for anything I said to lurk. I stand by every word. I just regret ever saying it when my defenses were low.

For those wondering where the bigotry is in lurks words. I wonder would you be asking that if she said that it would be better if all black people where white. Or that gay people can, and should be cured. I doubt it. But those aren't socially acceptable to say right now.

Just as it's okay to scapegoat schizophrenics when there's a mass shooting, or present those with psychological disorders as the scary monsters in movies. I guess it's also okay to say that autistic people don't have feelings for others, and that they should overcome their "deficiencies" by pure force of will.

That's fine. I won't be responding here again.

I must disagree, unfortunately. You're right in theory, Tin Man, but every Schizophrenic I've ever met (and this is just my experience) are all monsters

Can the lot of you not understand what I'm saying? There was a lot more shrieking and a lot less gawking when I was here last.

@Tin Man I understand your frustration at reading some of these thoughts. I was bothered by reading that autistic people don't experience empathy and can (or should) be cured of autism... I've worked with autistic individuals for years and it simply isn't true. I regret not speaking up earlier to say so. I know you aren't participating in this thread but just wanted to say that I get it.

There are a lot of really great blogs written by individuals with autism that delve deep into these topics. I think it would be worth a search for some here. Get some perspective on it.

Last edited:
There are a lot of really great blogs written by individuals with autism that delve deep into these topics. I think it would be worth a search for some here. Get some perspective on it.

So it’s cool now to direct an intentional, highly personal attack at someone in response to disagreeing with that person’s opinions about a subject in general. Because hurt feelings. And then to only regret having done so “while in a vulnerable state.”

Learning all sorts of neat things about this forum lately. My takeaway is that I spend too much time here and that I need to get a fucking life.