Culture - America vs Britain | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Culture - America vs Britain

Ugh... English is hard. Can you just please pass me the weetabix and biscuits so I can eat and pet my fanny to Mr. Blobby reruns in peace?

@LittleLissa he finks he's a geezer, but I fink he's either "one over the eight" or he's being a bit of an Hampton Wick

Lol. While you're off your trolley, why don't you get on your bike, mate. I do know you don't get owt for nowt. I'd say me finks I'm the mutts nuts.
Pip pip

. Weetabix @Scientia ? the breakfast of champions ... lol.

I recently had a long disagreement with an American (shock horror) who said they didn't have biscuits. It was finally resolved. Americans call them "cookies"
This misunderstanding had nearly caused World War 3. I for one, will happily start it for a Custard Cream.

Oh and Britains secret shame ? slow wifi.... :(

First of all, that Weetabix is like eating shredded cardboard. Get something more tasty and stop being such breakfast martyrs! Second, we DO have biscuits but they aren't cookies. Cookies are cookies. You Brits are all messed up with that. Third, we did that slow wifi thing to you to get revenge for the Weetabix and cookies thing. This is how we win all of the online games against you. It's a conspiracy. You will never win.

First of all, that Weetabix is like eating shredded cardboard. Get something more tasty and stop being such breakfast martyrs! Second, we DO have biscuits but they aren't cookies. Cookies are cookies. You Brits are all messed up with that. Third, we did that slow wifi thing to you to get revenge for the Weetabix and cookies thing. This is how we win all of the online games against you. It's a conspiracy. You will never win.

Wow.

#truefaceofamerica #trumpsamerica #godsavethequeen

I loved reading Maggie Girl of the Streets. The voice of the main character including speech in which the book was written was so honest and compelling. And I read this as a young adult.

Never connected with American lit in this way except for American romance novels :D

Last edited:
I loved reading Maggie Girl of the Streets. The voice of the main character including speech in which the book was written was so honest and compelling. And I read this as a young adult.

Never connected with American lit in this way except for American romance novels :D

I think though there is some really beautiful American literature. Fitzgerald, Hemingway, and @sassafras blog,
though i have a feeling she "might" be canadian.

If this is gonna cause conflict? I'm outta here.

Last edited:
I think though there is some really beautiful American literature. Fitzgerald, Hemingway, and @sassafrass blog,
though i have a feeling she "might" be canadian.

If this is gonna cause conflict? I'm outta here.

No conflict necessary. As mentioned before, I grew up in a Brit influenced education system so my bias probably reflects this. It's not about good vs bad lit, but mostly connecting with the reality or the experiences in the stories. I grew up studying Caribbean and British lit. My favorite stories as a young adult were Jane Eyre and The Secret Garden. From American lit, I loved Heidi and Pollyanna. The old world stories just clicked.

No conflict necessary. As mentioned before, I grew up in a Brit influenced education system so my bias probably reflects this. It's not about good vs bad lit, but mostly connecting with the reality or the experiences in the stories. I grew up studying Caribbean and British lit. My favorite stories as a young adult were Jane Eyre and The Secret Garden. From American lit, I loved Heidi and Pollyanna. The old world stories just clicked.

totally agree. it's just what you like and how it connects to you. I was only kidding about conflict, tho I suspect a hockey stick attack from Canada may happen soon. I brought it on myself, but there it is. ;)

Wrong!!!!

Reactions: Gaze