Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 15 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

True, but we should step back and look at this problem. Fear keeps us from running out into the middle of a highway, panic is when everyone is buying a whole store out, to prepare for a hypothetical

True, but we should step back and look at this problem. Fear keeps us from running out into the middle of a highway, panic is when everyone is buying a whole store out, to prepare for a hypothetical
If only some kind of leadership would take real charge of the situation and be honest with the public.
Then actually DO something instead of more talk.

I get that Coronavirus is new and we don’t know much about it, but wide spread panic will not answer our questions.

Reactions: Skarekrow
I get that Coronavirus is new and we don’t know much about it, but wide spread panic will not answer our questions.
I don't think anyone is implying that panic would be good.
People are panicking because they are uninformed - people fear what they don't understand, and fear what they cannot see even more.

I know. Someone should take the reigns and be a leader. Maybe the CDC?
That would be great!
But Trump has issued a gag order stating that all public announcements must go through Pence (aka Trump) first.
That is part of why some people are panicking - they don't know who to trust!

Pence Will Control All Coronavirus Messaging From Health Officials
The White House’s attempt to impose a more disciplined approach to communications about the virus was undermined by President Trump,
who complained the news media was overstating the threat.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/us/politics/us-coronavirus-pence.html

Once Trump said, “I could look down 5th Avenue and shoot someone and I wouldn’t lose any voters”

Reactions: Skarekrow
Omg. Really?
Is it just me or do I smell a high chance of propaganda campaign machine in the works?

Your sniffer is working correctly;)

Trump is going to win regardless the costs ... he thinks.
He doesn't care about people infected - just look up his comments about those on the cruise ship - "leave them out there".
His precious stock-market falling is what makes him panic.
Granted, we should all care if the economy tanks - especially since so many people have their retirements tied to it now that Murica burned down all the pension plans.
He knows it will make it that much harder to get re-elected.
He's talking now about a temp payroll tax cut for workers - but that doesn't help people who have no savings 40%+ of the country.
And if you cannot work because you are sick and have no paid sick leave - then no tax cut on your paycheck will help since you won't get paid regardless.
On top of that - such a cut will only add more debt to the mountain he's shoveled as the loss of taxes will have to come from somewhere - and it isn't going to be from the pockets of the rich (who can afford it) I can assure you.

We need someone to take the reigns, preferably the CDC
That is who is supposed to take control, but that isn't happening.
And yes...I bet he could shoot someone and his base wouldn't blink an eye.

I don’t know much about it though, so I might be wrong. All I know is that it was a pandemic.

I try not to be scared about this and stay calm, but it's hard at times. Especially when having family members with weaker and compromised immune systems, also with serious chronic medical conditions.

I feel lucky though for being able to work remotely at home if there will be a need for that.

Adding to this... So now (today) our employer suggests to work remotely if any way possible.

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 12.37.49 PM.png