Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 16 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

Reactions: Skarekrow

89602505_10156726706405759_7346586635489771520_n.jpg

Reactions: Sandie33 and flower
Our institution is also considering working from home and self quarantine for at least 14 days. What I don't get is what happens after 14 days? Anyway. I will wait for announcements tomorrow. I have to go the hospital director tomorrow anyway.

Our institution is also considering working from home and self quarantine for at least 14 days. What I don't get is what happens after 14 days? Anyway. I will wait for announcements tomorrow. I have to go the hospital director tomorrow anyway.
After 14 days the virus magically disappears! :D

As a test run for the potential of a truly disastrous pandemic happening I'd say the entire planet failed.

After 14 days the virus magically disappears! :D

As a test run for the potential of a truly disastrous pandemic happening I'd say the entire planet failed.
Lol. I suppose so. I mean I'm more worried about the backlash on the global economy more than the deaths. I am so going to hell. It's just that I can't sew the big picture. TT

But how do you guys think the world would change permanently because of COVID 19?

I can't help wondering about the impact of COVID-19 on the macro level. This will surely impact the economy. How? And what of international relations? This will mark a tab on world his again, for sure. But I want speculations.

I can't help wondering about the impact of COVID-19 on the macro level. This will surely impact the economy. How? And what of international relations? This will mark a tab on world his again, for sure. But I want speculations.

I wonder this too and what effect coronavirus will have globally, especially for the economy.

I wonder this too and what effect coronavirus will have globally, especially for the economy.
I'm speculating this will significantly cripple China. The toilet paper and sanitation industries will surely get a boost. Hygiene and health will once again become foremost priorities. UN is probably going to reinforce disaster preparedness on matters related to biomedical conditions. Pharmaceuticals are once again filthy rich.

The tourism industry will be hurt. Tourism-reliant economies like Thailand, Costa Rica, and Vietnam will be affected. Potentially, a crisis will emerge from that industry. Border controls will be more discriminating.

Airlines will definitely get cheapest. Best to buy airplane industry stocks now. That stuff will eventually get expensive. Now is a good time to invest.

it demonstrates yet again that trump's america is a ship of fools. the rest of the world is on their own, and should plan accordingly
The days of america saving the world through democracy has been over for a while. I think it started declining with Iraq. Just my POV. It wasn't so obvious during Vietnam war though.

Lol. I suppose so. I mean I'm more worried about the backlash on the global economy more than the deaths. I am so going to hell. It's just that I can't sew the big picture. TT

But how do you guys think the world would change permanently because of COVID 19?

I think what happens in the long run will depend upon how open countries, businesses and people themselves are to realizing the change is needed and are willing to make sacrifices for them.
  • Will politicians concede that hiding facts did no one any good? What will they do to ensure good, coherent information is put out there?
  • Will businesses acknowledge that they have selfish policies that harm the social and physical environments? Will they make modifications to improve or just go back to the status quo?
  • Will people realize that cleaning all kinds of surfaces, solid self care regimes such as frequent hand washing and staying away from others when sick need to be kept going forward, or will they dive back into the germ filled ways they had before?
While this is the perfect time to bring out conversations to alter behavior on all levels, I don't think most folk want to even think about it. They fear change more than the COVID-19 virus itself.

Sadly, I suspect society will not change at all and just look back on this in conversations as "Remember that coronavirus thing?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Skarekrow
I'm speculating this will significantly cripple China. The toilet paper and sanitation industries will surely get a boost. Hygiene and health will once again become foremost priorities. UN is probably going to reinforce disaster preparedness on matters related to biomedical conditions. Pharmaceuticals are once again filthy rich.

The tourism industry will be hurt. Tourism-reliant economies like Thailand, Costa Rica, and Vietnam will be affected. Potentially, a crisis will emerge from that industry. Border controls will be more discriminating.

Airlines will definitely get cheapest. Best to buy airplane industry stocks now. That stuff will eventually get expensive. Now is a good time to invest.

It definitely will have a big impact on the China's economy (the whole world too?) I hope we as humanity and society will learn from this, primarily China. I want to stay positive even being scared of this and try to think that this pandemic will help us to find new ways to handle situations like this in the future, though hopefully we don't have to face a situation like this ever again or for a very long time.

Tourism will definitely get hit by this... Airlines as well.

This can/will put a huge strain on healthcare too.

Gahh, so many issues because of one virus. ><

BTW...this idea of the "temp" payroll tax cuts Trump is floating has some hidden objectives and drawbacks.
'Stealth Attack on Social Security': Trump Condemned for Exploiting Coronavirus Crisis to Push Payroll Tax Cut
"This is a Trojan Horse attack on our Social Security system."
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...-condemned-exploiting-coronavirus-crisis-push

Also, the so-called "public charge" executive order Trump initiated saying legal immigrants must not use public benefits (even though they pay taxes to fund them and this is technically against the law) or they could lose their green card/citizenship will create an underground bubble of people too afraid to seek medical care if they cannot afford insurance.
Not to mention any undocumented individuals too scared to go the emergency room for fear ICE will grab them from the hospital, as this has become a larger standard under Trump.

So, let's not forget that Trump and McConnell are talking even today with the banks, oil companies, the airlines, etc. on how WE can fucking prop them up!
Cause it's stupid to switch from fossil fuels to green energy right Don?
I'm a bit sick and tired of the working class people who aren't even guaranteed any paid sick leave footing the bill to bail out rich MFers.
Oh, poor you, your record profits you make year after year while paying no taxes while destroying the planet tanked? - if people's retirement monies weren't all tied to you crashing and burning I'd be the first to bring the marshmallows - but that's the sneaky strong-arm they have on everyone.
They lose, and you lose.
The same old 'too big to fail' bullshittery.
Bezos and Trump pay what in taxes?
Nothing.
The people without sick leave pay also get to fund the goddamn crumbling infrastructure and 3 million dollar Presidential golf extravaganzas - sorry we had to cut "meals on wheels" a 3 million dollar program.

This virus only goes to show how the wealth divide grows and more and more fight over less and less while our great "Leaders" demonize those the worst off.
I'm the most disgusted by the medical industry though (insurers included).
I hope they all are forced back down into the crack in the earth to hell where they all oozed out of.

Still waiting for some tests!
Strange how those congressmen who didn't even show symptoms got a test lickety-split while people hacking up a lung still don't have access to one?
This BS needs to end.

So does this rant.

(that felt good to get out)
:<3white::<3white::<3white:

Last edited: