Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 14 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

Lol maybe madamme has a death wish. Can't judge
I like the beginning of the video too, just as she is talking about not touching your face the lady behind her swoops her hair back with her hand, lmao.
It's a fail for the whole department. :tearsofjoy:

I like the beginning of the video too, just as she is talking about not touching your face the lady behind her swoops her hair back with her hand, lmao.
It's a fail for the whole department. :tearsofjoy:
Lol i saw that. Well you gotta give it to her for being on tv

When disinformation is rampant...
... it can swing an election and undermine democracy. In 2020 that threat is real. Academics and experts warn that this year’s election will see a wave of disinformation from domestic actors who have learned from foreign interference in 2016. This year’s tsunami of fake news may well be homegrown as agents seek to sow lies and stir division. copied from The Guardian

It's a fail for the whole department.

All of this has been making me think about habits and quirks, how we wear our hair, glasses and sunglasses, applying lip balm and make-up, and how if we still had etiquette rules fidgeting and touching our faces wouldn't be a problem. It wouldn't be the proper thing to do and we'd already be trained not to do it. It's interesting.

The Guardian
giphy.gif

All of this has been making me think about habits and quirks, how we wear our hair, glasses and sunglasses, applying lip balm and make-up, and how if we still had etiquette rules fidgeting and touching our faces wouldn't be a problem. It wouldn't be the proper thing to do and we'd already be trained not to do it. It's interesting.
It is really difficult for some people, it's a funny video but it is much harder than most people think!!
When I used to train students to scrub in surgery, they would constantly contaminate themselves and have to go re-scrub and gown, lol.
It's a learned habit not to touch your face...especially when you have one of those itches or tickles that just about kills you if you don't get it!!
Eventually though it's habitual just like touching it is now. :)
It takes time...so much of it is unconscious.
Licking her finger is truly a fail though!! lmao!
:mask:
:<3white:

When disinformation is rampant...
... it can swing an election and undermine democracy. In 2020 that threat is real. Academics and experts warn that this year’s election will see a wave of disinformation from domestic actors who have learned from foreign interference in 2016. This year’s tsunami of fake news may well be homegrown as agents seek to sow lies and stir division. copied from The Guardian
Like Trump lying about saying people can go to work with the virus?
Or maybe his totally made up statistics?
:tongueclosed:

Here's a new one for the day -
Twitter flags Biden video retweeted by Trump as ‘manipulated media’
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...eted-by-trump-as-manipulated-media-2020-03-08

Good for Twitter.

Stocks taking that deep dive we saw coming. With some real leadership owning the problem and attacking it head on verses covering it up and hoping it would go away I'm sure the impact wouldn't have been as bad. Stocks will probably continue to drop until someone shows they have a plan.

In other news: My daughter supposedly tested positive for influenza. Not sure if I trust that, my doctor's office has been know to take the easy way out. It really doesn't make a difference as for how I'm treating it: Flu or Covid-19, it can't be passed around.

I try not to be scared about this and stay calm, but it's hard at times. Especially when having family members with weaker and compromised immune systems, also with serious chronic medical conditions.

I feel lucky though for being able to work remotely at home if there will be a need for that.

One has to wonder why the happy normies couldn't see this one coming when it was so obvious that the shoe was going to eventually drop. There comes a point where collectively having the heads in the sand and their asses high above the grass in a lightning storm wasn't going to end well. Everyone else knows that we're headed in an unwelcomed direction and it is time to be ready both physically and emotionally for trying times.

Not good news https://www.scmp.com/news/china/sci...vel-twice-far-official-safe-distance-and-stay

Last edited:
There are about 6 new cases here in Arizona and things are tensing up.

I went to Walmart just a couple of hours ago and stacks of toilet paper, cleaning disinfectants, bleach, hand sanitizers and wipes are nearly gone. Shelves are empty.

I understand the panic and worry that are infusing, especially since Arizona is considered one of the major retirement states in the U.S. and people are in panic mode here. However, I truly think that the level of panic won’t make the situation better but rather make things worse. I feel we should be working collectively in a much more level-headed approach without causing extreme worry and hysteria that is uncalled for. And last thing we need is more stress that can cause more harm to our bodies than good, and we don’t want that especially in the midst of this pandemic. Yes, do be prepared and cautious, and do what is absolutely necessary such as stocking up food and water in good amounts enough to last for a little while—but taking 8 packs of toilet paper is a bit over the top. Proactivity in a calm and logical manner is the way to go here.

There is a sense of tenseness and worry, and it’s very overwhelming. I’m not concerned about contracting the virus myself, but more concerned about spreading it to loved ones whom are either at high risk due to old age and/or have compromised health immune systems or chronic illnesses.

Another thing I am worried about is the amount of American citizens that don’t have healthcare insurance to get medically treated, and those who do get treated end up with huge medical fees and debt. The American healthcare system is a joke. I mean has our government even mentioned this certain aspect about insurance and the ridiculous medical expenses if one gets treated for the coronavirus here?

And what about those who can’t afford to work from home? Or the homeless? :unhappy:

Another thing to mention, many children depend on school breakfast and lunches, and our government forgot that little detail that many American families are living paycheck to paycheck once schools are cancelled. :(

This is just an accumulation of so many underlying problems coming to a head...

Matt Gaetz,
Who Mocked Coronavirus by Wearing Gas Mask on House Floor,
Is Now in Quarantine
Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 8.18.23 PM.png

Still laughing Matt?

There are about 6 new cases here in Arizona and things are tensing up.

I went to Walmart just a couple of hours ago and stacks of toilet paper, cleaning disinfectants, bleach, hand sanitizers and wipes are nearly gone. Shelves are empty.

I understand the panic and worry that are infusing, especially since Arizona is considered one of the major retirement states in the U.S. and people are in panic mode here. However, I truly think that the level of panic won’t make the situation better but rather make things worse. I feel we should be working collectively in a much more level-headed approach without causing extreme worry and hysteria that is uncalled for. And last thing we need is more stress that can cause more harm to our bodies than good, and we don’t want that especially in the midst of this pandemic. Yes, do be prepared and cautious, and do what is absolutely necessary such as stocking up food and water in good amounts enough to last for a little while—but taking 8 packs of toilet paper is a bit over the top. Proactivity in a calm and logical manner is the way to go here.

There is a sense of tenseness and worry, and it’s very overwhelming. I’m not concerned about contracting the virus myself, but more concerned about spreading it to loved ones whom are either at high risk due to old age and/or have compromised health immune systems or chronic illnesses.

Another thing I am worried about is the amount of American citizens that don’t have healthcare insurance to get medically treated, and those who do get treated end up with huge medical fees and debt. The American healthcare system is a joke. I mean has our government even mentioned this certain aspect about insurance and the ridiculous medical expenses if one gets treated for the coronavirus here?

And what about those who can’t afford to work from home? Or the homeless? :unhappy:

Another thing to mention, many children depend on school breakfast and lunches, and our government forgot that little detail that many American families are living paycheck to paycheck once schools are cancelled. :(

This is just an accumulation of so many underlying problems coming to a head...

Why toilet paper?
Diarrhea is not a major symptom of Covid...I don't get it.
:m075:

Why toilet paper?
Diarrhea is not a major symptom of Covid...I don't get it.
:m075:

Hahaha I am also at a loss here too. I mean leave some toilet paper for people who really do need it! :m047:

However if I recall reading somewhere, I think it was CNN or a CBS article that said stacking on toilet paper was a psychological reaction that panic begets panic spending and it’s natural to over-prepare.

But even so. Why the heck toilet paper?

Edit: the article!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...r-shortages-novel-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

Me thinks history will not be kind to Donny...

Trump administration blocked health officials' urgent coronavirus warning: report
White House reportedly overruled health officials who had urgent coronavirus warning for America’s seniors
https://www.salon.com/2020/03/08/tr...ls-urgent-coronavirus-warning-report_partner/
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

89518735_3602217596519625_1587532578183708672_n.jpg