Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 17 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

There needs to be a freeze on most forms of debt such car and home payments, medical, and rent ect until this blows over as well extend some line of support for the lower classes living pay check to pay check. Those who have lost or will soon lose their jobs there definitely needs to be support including extended unemployment payments should the "recovery" take longer than would be expected. Will any of this happen in the states unlikely as there is one thing both parties only give a damn about in the end is getting more for themselves and less for everyone else.

I'm speculating this will significantly cripple China. The toilet paper and sanitation industries will surely get a boost. Hygiene and health will once again become foremost priorities. UN is probably going to reinforce disaster preparedness on matters related to biomedical conditions. Pharmaceuticals are once again filthy rich.

The tourism industry will be hurt. Tourism-reliant economies like Thailand, Costa Rica, and Vietnam will be affected. Potentially, a crisis will emerge from that industry. Border controls will be more discriminating.

Airlines will definitely get cheapest. Best to buy airplane industry stocks now. That stuff will eventually get expensive. Now is a good time to invest.
It definitely will have a big impact on the China's economy (the whole world too?) I hope we as humanity and society will learn from this, primarily China. I want to stay positive even being scared of this and try to think that this pandemic will help us to find new ways to handle situations like this in the future, though hopefully we don't have to face a situation like this ever again or for a very long time.

Tourism will definitely get hit by this... Airlines as well.

This can/will put a huge strain on healthcare too.

Gahh, so many issues because of one virus. ><
There needs to be a freeze on most forms of debt such car and home payments, medical, and rent ect until this blows over as well extend some line of support for the lower classes living pay check to pay check. Those who have lost or will soon lose their jobs there definitely needs to be support including extended unemployment payments should the "recovery" take longer than would be expected. Will any of this happen in the states unlikely as there is one thing both parties only give a damn about in the end is getting more for themselves and less for everyone else.

Yeah, economies will take a beating. EU is wobbly, Italy is going to hurt them very badly.

Agreed on freezing debts. Upside though, anyone with a 401k or private pension scheme (which hopefully is most people) will get a major boost to the pension pot when the stock market recovers.

Considering there will be no public money for our retirement (thanks Boomers) we need these minor shocks to get our pensions to a good value.

The days of america saving the world through democracy has been over for a while. I think it started declining with Iraq. Just my POV. It wasn't so obvious during Vietnam war though.

Mores the pity, in my opinion. Given whats happening in Syria the EU and US need to get off their collective arses and do something, together, like they always should have. As Greece is learning ignoring humanitarian crisis does not make them magically go away.

People are still suffering and will continue to suffer until Russia is brought to heel, along with Turkey. Maybe the Sauds whilst we're at it...

I'm living in the future, I've already got Covid-21

We've got 100 cases or so in Canada and 1 death. There's a case in my city that was quarantined quickly. Our Gov't has committed a big chunk of money to fight it so I am cautious but not losing it.

I can't imagine what other counties with tons of cases are feeling with all the lock downs, etc.

The next few weeks are going to be interesting.

I recently just got an email from the university I am attending here in Arizona. In-person classes will be online starting Monday after students are returning back from travel due to spring break.

Well folks, looks like I will be doing my studies and research at home for two weeks.