Cognitive Processes | Page 18 | INFJ Forum

Cognitive Processes

Second test: Fe>Ni>Ti>Te>Fi>Si>Ne>Se

:lol: Ah, well...I'm thinking too much, it sounds like.

Your Possible Type Code
According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:

Possible result: INFJ

We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type.

Possible result: INFJ

Last edited:
I haven't done this in a while... Same preferences, different scores... I think I was in a mood to click 'Somewhat' too much this time.

(Ni)************************************** (39.4)
(Fe)********************************** (34.4)
(Fi)******************************** (32.5)
(Ti)***************************** (29.3)
(Se)***************************** (29.4)
(Ne)**************************** (28.4)
(Te)************************** (26.3)
(Si)******************** (20.3)

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTJ

I haven't done this in a while... Same preferences, different scores... I think I was in a mood to click 'Somewhat' too much this time.

(Ni)************************************** (39.4)
(Fe)********************************** (34.4)
(Fi)******************************** (32.5)
(Ti)***************************** (29.3)
(Se)***************************** (29.4)
(Ne)**************************** (28.4)
(Te)************************** (26.3)
(Si)******************** (20.3)

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTJ

This is what sometimes confuses me, I don't know to what point I use what's being asked and therefore I tend to go more with polar answers, How can you tell if you use something ''somewhat'' or a ''little'' or mostly, other times I would get so picky about it I will start picking everything somewhat instead of just not at all or exactly.

I took this, and it said my Fi was real high, higher then my Fe. I was surprised at first but then I thought that it made sense because I tend to do what's right, not according to what makes people feel good but what are more own core values- then I move from their in how to implement people into those values which will be beneficial to them. I have very, very strong personal values which I won't budge on- integrity is a favourite word of mine. I am more interested in making sure I still to what I feel is right, not what other people feel is right for harmony. I would say, I'm not here to make people feel better or more comfortable but I care about and make decisions towards people that are better for them but not necessarily nice or comfortable. That seems funny because from where they are standing, I'm being a hard taskmaster and giving them hard truths so they won't feel much warmth or acceptance from me.

This is what sometimes confuses me, I don't know to what point I use what's being asked and therefore I tend to go more with polar answers, How can you tell if you use something ''somewhat'' or a ''little'' or mostly, other times I would get so picky about it I will start picking everything somewhat instead of just not at all or exactly.

I consider it like this...

Since it is a preference test, I try to think of several situations that could apply to the question, and then compare how likely I am to behave that way when there are other factors that I could choose instead. I measure the responses as I almost never do this, I rarely do this, or I sometimes do this, or I often do this, or I almost always do this.

For instance, on the question "Easily get in sync physically with people and things around you." I had to choose 'Mostly' because I'm often doing this with people even when I'm not intending to, such as when two people are trying to get out of each other's way to get through a door, and go left and right at the same time like some kind of silly dance. I'm not as able to do this when I am 'trying' to, but I'm still pretty reflexive with it, which is why I didn't choose 'exactly me'.

I took this, and it said my Fi was real high, higher then my Fe. I was surprised at first but then I thought that it made sense because I tend to do what's right, not according to what makes people feel good but what are more own core values- then I move from their in how to implement people into those values which will be beneficial to them. I have very, very strong personal values which I won't budge on- integrity is a favourite word of mine. I am more interested in making sure I still to what I feel is right, not what other people feel is right for harmony. I would say, I'm not here to make people feel better or more comfortable but I care about and make decisions towards people that are better for them but not necessarily nice or comfortable. That seems funny because from where they are standing, I'm being a hard taskmaster and giving them hard truths so they won't feel much warmth or acceptance from me.

I think this test suffers from some overlap between Fe and Fi. A lot of Fe dominant people who take this test get very high Fi scores on it. I've also gotten higher Fi than Fe at times. On other tests, I don't tend to score as high with Fi, but I still have a strong score. I don't think it's uncommon for INFJs to have a strong Fi, especially when it's a shadow function of Ni and Fe and even Ti. It's pretty natural for us to develop our Fi as well as our Ne.

Von, I did what you said, what do you think?

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) * (1.9)
unused

introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************************* (43.9)
excellent use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************** (23.2)
limited use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45.8)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************************** (39.7)
excellent use

introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************** (28.2)
average use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************************* (45)
excellent use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ************ (12.9)
unused

Lead (Dominant) Process

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or ISFJ

woah, long thread, someone should make a new one of this one.

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************** (22.5)
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************* (31.6)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.6)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.4)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************** (18.1)
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.5)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************** (32.9)
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.6)
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INFJ

Last edited:

Cognitive Process
Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.3)
unused

introverted Sensing (Si) ************************** (26.6)
average use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************** (26.8)

average use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.1)

excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19.6)
limited use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************** (17.4)
limited use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************************************** (53.1)
excellent use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.7)
excellent use

Lead (Dominant) Process

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or ISFJ

Yup I'd say that I agree with this very much so :)

Actually that is much closer to an ENFJ result.

Yes this has been mentioned to me before. My ENFJ mother has very much influenced my personality....could that be anything to do with it?

Last edited:
You seem to have a good understanding of this stuff..

How is it that Fi and Ti are my highest scores .Ni scores higher than Ne and yet Ne is being called my auxiliary function

If you are INFP, then your static core order should be Fi>Ne>Si>Te. The other four functions can appear anywhere else with not order really, as they are concidered the shadow functions (for you they are Ni, Fe, Ti, and Se).

As another example, Many INFJ's here have Fi higher then their Fe score, which is their auxillary function.

Reactions: INFJesus
If you are INFP, then your static core order should be Fi>Ne>Si>Te. The other four functions can appear anywhere else with not order really, as they are concidered the shadow functions (for you they are Ni, Fe, Ti, and Se).

As another example, Many INFJ's here have Fi higher then their Fe score, which is their auxillary function.

I am guessing lead function determines where to start?. So, With Fi as my lead function I am either going to be an INFP or ISFP .. But because my Ne scores higher than Si and Si scores higher than Te .is that how it works?

I think I get it now. Its all in the >

Yes, it is the inital order that determines type mostly. Of course some people have more complex setups and it makes it harder to pin down. The top function is usually in 95% of the cases that deterimes the possible two types. For you, with Fi dominance, it eludes to two type possibillites, ISFP or INFP. The type is then deterimed by the location of Ne, and Se. Which ever is higher determines the type (usually).

This is the classic setup arangement. Many people have more complex results that makes it hard to pin down a type by this method.

Reactions: INFJesus
Yes, it is the inital order that determines type mostly. Of course some people have more complex setups and it makes it harder to pin down. The top function is usually in 95% of the cases that deterimes the possible two types. For you, with Fi dominance, it eludes to two type possibillites, ISFP or INFP. The type is then deterimed by the location of Ne, and Se. Which ever is higher determines the type (usually).

This is the classic setup arangement. Many people have more complex results that makes it hard to pin down a type by this method.
So My Ti being almost as high as my Fi.. which type has a lead function of Ti??

If you are Ti dominant, it can then illude to two possible types, INTP, or ISTP. Depending on which auxillary function is in place with more strength, Ne or Se resectivly.

If you are Ti dominant, it can then illude to two possible types, INTP, or ISTP. Depending on which auxillary function is in place with more strength, Ne or Se resectivly.
That is what I am getting at, Thank you. When I first took a MBTI test I tested INTP and I considered myself healthy then.
Then things got kinda messed up.

Maybe I should do one of those, what do you think my type is threads ;)

How is it that Fi and Ti are my highest scores .Ni scores higher than Ne and yet Ne is being called my auxiliary function

I used to test similar to that when I was going through a rough time, my result was Ni>Ti>Fi>Ne>Se. Are you under a lot of stress recently?