Cognitive Processes | Page 19 | INFJ Forum

Cognitive Processes

My Te continues to gain ground. It's taken over my Se, and is getting really close to my Ti.

(Ni) *************************************** (39.3)
(Fe) ************************************ (36.4)

(Fi) ********************************* (33.2)
(Ne) ****************************** (30.2)
(Ti) ***************************** (29.1)
(Te) *************************** (27.1)
(Se) ************************ (24.1)
(Si) ********************* (21.2)

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTJ

Last edited:
Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************************************(52.9)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************** (46.8)
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************************** (39.6)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37.5)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************* (25)
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************** (23.3)
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******** (8.6)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****** (6.9)

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFJ
Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INFJ, or ESFJ

Last edited:
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.7)
limited use

introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.6)
limited use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.2)
good use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.1)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ********** (10.6)
unused

introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35)
good use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************* (37.1)
excellent use

introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.9)
good use

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.2)
limited use

introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28.1)
average use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.6)
average use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.2)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19)
limited use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************** (29.2)
average use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25.3)
average use

introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (47.6)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation

By a very classical INFJ :yo:

Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************** (30.4)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.5)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************** (29.7)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.5)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28.4)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.6)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36.6)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.5)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFP
Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ISFP, or ENFP

ok i know something is wrong...i mean i know why i'm getting these results. cetain events have pushed me to develop my functions quite differently lately.

Last edited:
deleted post

And you're explaining that to me like a 5 year old because...?

Dude, the test is mostly open to interpretation by the nature of the questions. I think Von Hase also said how the test, by the way it asks questions, leans it self towards certain responses. My Fe is getting good exercise because of Uni. It's just that I find "Hosting parties and playing house maid" completely not my cup of tea, even though it would add to my Fe score. Plus, I was feeling particularly bitter at when I took that. I am open to the possibility that I might be INFP, it would be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
And you're explaining that to me like a 5 year old because...?

Dude, the test is mostly open to interpretation by the nature of the questions. I think Von Hase also said how the test, by the way it asks questions, leans it self towards certain responses. My Fe is getting good exercise because of Uni. It's just that I find "Hosting parties and playing house maid" completely not my cup of tea, even though it would add to my Fe score. Plus, I was feeling particularly bitter at when I took that. I am open to the possibility that I might be INFP, it would be interesting.

It was just a friendly suggestion, does not mean is of most importance.. one can analyze as much as one wants, and should be open to the possibility of being a different type. By analyzing the process of your results you might discover certain functions which you might not have thought you have.
-------------------------------

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13.3)
unused

introverted Sensing (Si) *************************************** (39.9)
excellent use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************* (25.6)
average use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.9)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************** (38.9)
excellent use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30.6)
good use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36.9)
excellent use

introverted Feeling (Fi) *************** (15.3)
unused

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ
Lead (Dominant) Process

Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or ISTJ

(Fi) *********************************************** (47.6)
(Ni) **************************************** (40.2)
(Ti) ***************************** (29.2)
(Si) **************************** (28.1)
(Ne) *************************** (27.6)
(Fe) ************************* (25.3)
(Se) *********************** (23.2)
(Te) ******************* (19)

I think Von Hase also said how the test, by the way it asks questions, leans it self towards certain responses. My Fe is getting good exercise because of Uni. It's just that I find "Hosting parties and playing house maid" completely not my cup of tea, even though it would add to my Fe score. Plus, I was feeling particularly bitter at when I took that. I am open to the possibility that I might be INFP, it would be interesting.

You also were apparently feeling particularly introverted when you took that.

When we are hurt, we tend to draw into ourselves. I put your scores in order, and as you can see, your top four scores are introverted functions. That doesn't fit any type pattern. You're obviously under a lot of stress. The pattern that is existing in these results is as follows.

Introverted preferences = F > N > T > S
Extroverted preferences = N > F > S > T

This says only one thing. You're some sort of NF type, most likely introverted.

Also, that test traditionally scores everyone higher on Fi than they actually are, due to the lean on the questions. From what you have stated, I think being forced to 'Fe' has actually pushed you into your ENFP shadow mode, even though you're traditionally an introvert as an INFJ.

Last edited:
Hmm, that's very interesting, thanks.

Does being completely spontaneous, like, being able to make big things up on the spot, count as a Ne thing? I've had two instances where I did virtually no preparation for two very extroverted performances. I was very anxious about it, but when it came to doing it, I made it up on the spot mostly and did very well. One was a presentation and it went down well, to be fair I knew a lot about the subject before hand, but I didn't rehearse it or anything.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25)

introverted Sensing (Si) *********************** (23.1)

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30)

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38.1)

extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************** (38.2)

introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30.9)

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************* (19)

introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.1)

INTJ or ENTJ

Hmm, that's very interesting, thanks.

Does being completely spontaneous, like, being able to make big things up on the spot, count as a Ne thing? I've had two instances where I did virtually no preparation for two very extroverted performances. I was very anxious about it, but when it came to doing it, I made it up on the spot mostly and did very well. One was a presentation and it went down well, to be fair I knew a lot about the subject before hand, but I didn't rehearse it or anything.

That sounds like it. When NFJs go into shadow mode, we form this weird Ni/Ne thing from what I've seen. Even when I'm in shadow mode, I am never able to truly Ne. I only have this weird approximation of it. Real Ne people think at lightspeed. We kind of teleport to the answers when using Ni, and then teleport to creativity when we mix Ni with Se... which sounds exactly like what you were doing.

However, this just confirms my theory that your current stressors are pushing you into your shadow mode.

But, to be thorough... you could also be an INFP who is finally being pushed into ENFP mode.

The answer here is that you are stressed, and the pattern for your type and function preference will never be clear under those conditions.

That sounds like it. When NFJs go into shadow mode, we form this weird Ni/Ne thing from what I've seen. Even when I'm in shadow mode, I am never able to truly Ne. I only have this weird approximation of it. Real Ne people think at lightspeed. We kind of teleport to the answers when using Ni, and then teleport to creativity when we mix Ni with Se... which sounds exactly like what you were doing.

However, this just confirms my theory that your current stressors are pushing you into your shadow mode.

Woah! So, um, how do I get out of this shadow mode? It doesn't feel very nice. Lol.

Okay, I will try. Thanks for the advice!

Thank you for your explanations Von Hase, they are indeed very helpful, if you don't mind me asking, my results today have been quite strange as they went like this: Ni-Si-Te-Fe-Ti-Ne-Fi-Se, I do not know what might have been the cause for this results but I am realizing this indicates a heavy J preferences, lately I been very stressed and have had the need to constantly organize every single aspect of my life when it comes to different aspects such as my education, my home life, the people around me etc and I been feeling quite stressed. I know this spread does not follow a traditional INFJ or ENFJ pattern, though my first 4 functions were pretty close to each other. I know my Fe is quite strong though certain questions like being able to communicate well my ideals get me as well I am not the best communicator though I love taking care of others and helping them reach their potential. My Te score is also uite high due to the fact that I enjoy organizing and directing others, part of this has been mostly in school as I have had the need to take roles of leadership. My Si which is a process I have always denied is showing up with great strength, I am starting to realize how important some of this details mean to me, and I love to play various games involving improving memory. I do not know what will this really be qualified as but I could not resist the temptation to ask.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.1)
limited use

introverted Sensing (Si) ******* (7.5)
unused

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************************* (55.7)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.3)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23)
limited use

introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.5)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.8)
limited use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.3)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INFP

------------------------------------------------------

I'm certain of my type, but I still found this interesting. :m105:

EDIT: There's no way my Ni is that high.

Last edited:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13)
unused

introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************************** (41.5)
excellent use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************* (21.9)
limited use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45.4)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************************** (40.3)
excellent use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************** (26.2)
average use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************************** (39.6)
excellent use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ************ (12.7)
unused

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ
Lead (Dominant) Process

Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or INFJ

I been in a pretty ''T'' mood lately, specially in the debates we are having in school were sometimes passion gets the best of me and then I feel totally bad for mentioning words I should not have said.

Last edited:
Cognitive Process
Level of Development
(Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************** (38.6)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35.6)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************** (34.7)

good use
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************* (31.6)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************* (31.5)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.4)
average use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************** (26.4)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************* (19.7)
limited use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INFJ, or ESFP

Very interesting.

My Te has finally overtaken my Ti. Apparently my INTJ friend has had an affect on my development.

Last edited: