[PUG] - Chivalry is sexist | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] Chivalry is sexist

You don't need to ask me twice!
Shall I bring a bottle of wine and a math book along?

OH, you are incorrigible!

Wait... What math book?

I tend to draw a fine line between manners and chivalry. I just believe the most common concept of chivalry is nothing more than good manners and has no actual bearing on the original definition of the word for many.

Slant is arguing based on a different definition of chivalry than those that argue for it.

So the real argument is, how do you define chivalry?

I think that is the problem here.
Some define it in its original context of meaning a Knight in shining armor swooping in to rescue a helpless fair maiden.
And others including myself define it in more modern terms as a word meaning to show consideration of any and everyone around you.

I think most men that do certain things such as opening doors, pulling a chair out for a woman to be seated, etc. do so as a gesture of respect to the woman.

I've never thrown my jacket over a puddle for a woman to walk over so she doesn't get her feet wet.
That has always struck me as just plain silly.
Then I'm left standing in the rain looking stupid holding a wet jacket.

:rain:

Last edited:
-witholds from going on a rant about how women must be sissies since this chivalry has gone on for so long-

Chivalry is not now what it once was...if holding a door open for some one is considered chivilrous, id hate to see what you think of traditional chivalry...probably equate it to bopping women on the head and dragging them back to the cave by their hair...

Opening the door for ANYONE is no big deal its kindness pure and simple...HELL I have held open a door for a man before JUST cuz I was there...

I agree with indy...this is circular and pointless...and damn it if you dont like it its your problem, the they guy whos trying to be kind...

I just wanted to share a little story with you guys.

I think it are a scientific fakt: it takes less energy for a man to open a door. I went out with my husband one afternoon, and I got out of the car and started walking to the front door of the restaurant. I turn around and my husband is still by the car and moving verrrrry slowly. I say to myself, "Fuck it. I'll just get in and get a table." Suddenly a challenger appears. There is this no less than 80 year old man fucking booking it to the front door (big parking lot). I pick up my pace because there is no way I am letting him open the door for me. I NEED to open this door for him. He is way ahead of me. I usually don't run unless I'm chased (fatty), and I'm wearing flip flops. I catch up to him, and he starts wobbling (could not stand the force of my weight hurtling past him)! I say to myself, "This is not going to end well. I am going to knock him over, and he is going to break a hip." I stop dead in my tracks (which is not very easy to do, thanks). The older man gets to the door with a huge smile on his face. I smile and exclaim, "Thank you, sir!" I turn around and my husband is only a few feet in front of the car. I can't see his face, but I know he is laughing his ass off...

Fun tiems.

Reactions: 1 person
-witholds from going on a rant about how women must be sissies since this chivalry has gone on for so long-

Seriously Slant, is my cake done or what???

I SAID CHOCOLATE THIS TIME, NOT VANILLA!

Get back in the kitchen!

I just wanted to share a little story with you guys.

I think it are a scientific fakt: it takes less energy for a man to open a door. I went out with my husband one afternoon, and I got out of the car and started walking to the front door of the restaurant. I turn around and my husband is still by the car and moving verrrrry slowly. I say to myself, "Fuck it. I'll just get in and get a table." Suddenly a challenger appears. There is this no less than 80 year old man fucking booking it to the front door (big parking lot). I pick up my pace because there is no way I am letting him open the door for me. I NEED to open this door for him. He is way ahead of me. I usually don't run unless I'm chased (fatty), and I'm wearing flip flops. I catch up to him, and he starts wobbling (could not stand the force of my weight hurtling past him)! I say to myself, "This is not going to end well. I am going to knock him over, and he is going to break a hip." I stop dead in my tracks (which is not very easy to do, thanks). The older man gets to the door with a huge smile on his face. I smile and exclaim, "Thank you, sir!" I turn around and my husband is only a few feet in front of the car. I can't see his face, but I know he is laughing his ass off...

Fun tiems.

That's the funniest thing I've read in some time.
I laffed.

Feminists don't want men to be men. They want men to be more like women while not having the same protections and rights.

With all due respect, please do not equate being a feminist with being misandrial. Just because a lot of misoandrist are feminists does not mean that all are. And while I believe humanism is the way to go, I also believe that feminism is not inherently bad.

And second, some men do not agree with a lot of male activities or some things that are considered " masculine" of their own logic, values,critical analysis and emotional reasoning . What makes someone a man is being 18 or over and being biologically male; being "manly" does not make you a man. Those of us who do not agree or partake in the majority or any of what can be considered " male culture" or do not care about making ourselves " masculine" are already satirised, feel hurt, and out of place in the world because of how often we are made a joke out of and by stereotypes and stereotypical assumptions which cause people to infer the existence of ideologies and characteristics that we do not possess leaving us feel misunderstood, left behind, and cast aside by society.

Last edited:

uhhh women are sissies. duh

Seriously Slant, is my cake done or what???

I SAID CHOCOLATE THIS TIME, NOT VANILLA!

Get back in the kitchen!

-stabs with kitchen knife-

-throws neverami in oven-

and this cake is going to have red frosting.

Where does all this hostility come from???

hostile? what??? I thought we were being friendly towards each other!!

she stabs him cause she loves him!

I dated a lot of guys with good manners but only a few who were chivalrous. And you know, every single one of the chivalrous ones turned out to be manipulators and liars.
Down with chivalry! Up with manners!

Reactions: IndigoSensor