[INFJ] - Can a depressed INFJ test as an INFP? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Can a depressed INFJ test as an INFP?

I think he just meant statistically speaking, he wasn't singling anyone out and was actually addressing the topic. You are also now making assumptions about another member.

It's very common here.

Reactions: hush
59% INFP.
#12 I think is the best illustration of the difference between INFJ and INFP. It's the biggest tell. (Second option is INFP.)

Last edited:
What if I'm neither, but it tells me I am one of the two?

Then the test is irrelevant for you as you aren't undecided between the two, but perhaps your preferences lie with one more than the other were you to take the test and get strongly one result over another.

For instance, say you get 88% INFJ. Maybe you're more INFJy than INFPy. Or maybe you're just an INFJ.

Ruji is an INFJ. D: :m071:

Then the test is irrelevant for you as you aren't undecided between the two, but perhaps your preferences lie with one more than the other were you to take the test and get strongly one result over another.

For instance, say you get 88% INFJ. Maybe you're more INFJy than INFPy. Or maybe you're just an INFJ.

Ruji is an INFJ. D: :m071:

So either way I fail the test :C

Reactions: hush
"We're all INFP down here, Georgie."

Down where?...

skeletons.jpg

Reactions: acd
Maybe it was a jab. Just cuz. It is bad form to come to a forum where people are trying to figure these things out and discount some as wannabes. Interesting that you couldn't manage to get along on intjs. Everyone else was fake, right?

Interesting you couldn't get along on INFP Forum. Everyone else wasn't genuine, right?

I am one of them.

And it should be remembered that Jungian Cognitive Function -and- MBTI both are symbols talking about your psychological behaviors.\
And you should remember that the nature of most online tests are questions-- which in its coding, often leave little subtlety and variety.
So personally speaking, you need to look at your own thought patterns during each seasons.
Are there differences? In what ways?

For me, when I'm depressed my thought pattern circled around me. My flaws, my wants, my needs, my perspectives, me me me.
And I tend to try to protect myself, better myself, avoid people from harming me; focusing on my own internal values and what is right and wrong.
The function working is actually Ni and Fe (and some amount of Ti), but the way it's working makes it somewhat Fi-like (in a negative, stereotypical way).

Therefore when I'm testing and answering questions, It's likely I'm rating things corresponding to Fi higher than usual, giving more Fi to my score.

But this is me, and I don't know about you.