Bodily changes as you get older | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Bodily changes as you get older

I had 2 dark ales at my SO's company Christmas party and was drunk. Maybe it's because I don't really drink anymore like I did when I was younger. Not embarrassing drunk, but very social drunk as opposed to sitting sober by myself trying not to look awkward. Also with a horrible hangover. I used to be able to stay out all night drinking in my early 20s and then go to work at 8 am.

My grey hair has been limited to the one in my eyebrow (that I've noticed, anyway) but ditto about the drinking. 2-3 drinks and I'm adequately lubricated. Hangovers are also monster bitches.

My grey hair has been limited to the one in my eyebrow (that I've noticed, anyway) but ditto about the drinking. 2-3 drinks and I'm adequately lubricated. Hangovers are also monster bitches.
How could I forget my single wild white Kung Fu eye brow hair!?!? (I pluck that shit!)

Last edited:
My metabolism has slowed. Losing weight used to be so easy. I used to be able to get as skinny as I wanted very fast. It's not easy anymore.

My brain tissue is not as fresh. It is more difficult to learn things that are completely new to me. My thoughts don't seem to be as sharp as they used to be. It's slightly more difficult to put my thoughts into words. I sometimes forget the details of what I intended to say. Memory does not retain as much. I work harder on focusing to understand nuances of what is being said to me.

I started greying at a very early age, 13-14ish... it started as a stark white patch that was fairly easy to disguise even with natural dark hair. Now in my thirties, if I let my hair go natural, I'd probably be around 65-70% white. Which is kinda funny with this powder-grey hair color trend going on. But at least I get to play with different hair colors since there's no way I'm gonna go natural till I'm much older.

My skin is now showing sun damage discolorations, a change in skin texture, it's not as supple anymore, with dark circles and wrinkles forming around my eyes. Yay for concealer! Boobs aren't as firm and up to my chin, which I kinda like actually, and my metabolism has noticeably slowed down. The aches and pains from old injuries and surgeries have a greater effect on me, but my mind seems sharper now than ever before.

I think I'm noticing a generally "down" vibe on getting older. As I'm 46, I think maybe I'd like to offer some hope and consolation.

Firstly 46 is not old. 56 is not old. It just looks like that to very young people. And feels like it when my back goes, or I've not had coffee. One funny thing you notice ? Is when younger people are about to make the same mistake you made 20 years earlier. Then you do it yourself and realise you haven't learned either. You get to laugh at yourself instead of getting so upset.

You post "welcome" messages twice @hush ? Lol.

No matter how bad the latest politician elected seems ? You remember this was said at every election. Ever. You remember "live aid" and The Berlin Wall come down. You never guessed some one would want to build a new one.

Yitang Zhang was 58 or 59 when he published his ground breaking paper on twin primes in mathematics. I bet his knees hurt too. But he seems to have kept some of his intellectual capacity. ;)

Oh and pimples. I don't miss pimples. Lol.

I'm still am and will always be more flexible than the average person. I tend to push myself quite hard to get into shape, when my body gets too unruly. I can get my fitness back fairly quickly, which is good, although there is a pain factor!

I can't imagine a day when I can no longer do head stands so I hope to keep pushing myself. I heard that if you can keep your spine flexible and healthy then you age less rapidly, and I think this is true. I don't seem to be any more intolerant to alcohol, if anything less so. I don't drink very regularly but I have capacity. The weight thing is a drag. It is easier to put on and to harder to loose weight.

It makes me laugh that adverts talk about products that stop 'premature ageing'. Obviously this does not make sense, ageing is not premature, but in it's right time! Still ageing skin is one of the obvious things you notice.

Last edited:
Skin. im not used to using moisturizer or lotion when i was younger but still got soft and supple skin, now it's dry and bland.. i only noticed this just a few months ago.. :sob:

Arthritis and Rheumatism.. although i've had rheumatism since highschool lol. im not used to cold weather :confounded: :tonguewink:

overall i think im still same.. :grin:

Wait, what did I do?? I have no recollection of these things. I'm having a rough day today Jamison, please be gentle with me. I'm even more easily confused than usual, which is quite a feat. :pensive:

Just to clarify for everyone, in case there was any doubt. It was me who double posted a welcome message NOT @hush

It was kind, wonderful, hush who very gently pointed it out to me. Lol. And after my blushes receded, I laughed like a loony.

Hush. I'm sorry if you're having a bad day, hang in there. Everyone here thinks you're aces. :sneakyhug:

Just to clarify for everyone, in case there was any doubt. It was me who double posted a welcome message NOT @hush

It was kind, wonderful, hush who very gently pointed it out to me. Lol. And after my blushes receded, I laughed like a loony.

Hush. I'm sorry if you're having a bad day, hang in there. Everyone here thinks you're aces. :sneakyhug:

Awwwww Jamesie, y'see, I can't even remember these things, my memory is shot. I'm getting all old n wrinkly. No doubt about it, nothin' I can do to stop it.

I'll take your word for it, in regards to your latter message. It'd be quite understandable, for people to think I'm easily confused and odd, because that's truthfully who I am...

I still pretty much look the same lol as I did when i was a teenager

But I can't get away with all nighters the way I was able to when I was that age anymore