Beauties talking beauty | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Beauties talking beauty

Just wanna talk about my favourite mascara for a moment. "They're Real" by benefit cosmetics is one of the best products that I've come across in a long while. I've got itty-bitty lashes, naturally. But this mascara makes my eyes pop. And to think, if I never got the sample baggie Sephora hands out once a year for your birthday, we would've never been introduced. The consistency and the brush is top-notch and the formula doesn't clump... even after weeks and weeks of use. The downside? The full monty is $29 a pop. The smaller size is about as much as your typical drugstore brand. But seriously? I think it's worth it.

Benefit-Theyre-Real-Mascara-UK.jpg

I even modeled it for you:

View attachment 21362View attachment 21363
I will have to use every ounce of my will power not to buy this now. Argh!

Which shampoo?? Did you condition afterwards?

Creme of Nature with argon oil- it was the only one they had at the drug store!

I did condition afterwards! Was that bad!?!

I was supposed to do hair styles that I use for curly hair but ended up not wearing it curly this weekend. lol.

Ha! I am drunk and for boredom I clicked on this thread. I feel very out of place and exposed...

Seriously though, the first couple of posts and the only thing that popped into mind was, dont people pay a lot of money to curl their hair?

I can't tell you how many people have told me this exact thing.

I tried that shampoo before...it was AWFUL.

Nah, you should always condition your hair. If you suffer from dry hair, condition the whole head. If it's oily, only from mid shaft to ends. Maybe the shampoo is just shit. I trust [MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION] on this one. Bring it back and try something else!

Try coconut oil (or walnut oil) for dry hair. Drape a towel over your shoulders and shmoosh the oil into your hair until it's well saturated and greasy. Then kick back and watch a nice long movie with all the goop in your hair. Some people even plastic wrap their hair and sleep on it (on old towels) all through the night. Do it a couple times and week and you'll see a difference.

Or better yet, take a shampoo and hair product vacation for a week and let your hair build up some of its own natural oils and then try the oil thing at the end of your shampoo furlough.

It's a nice, quick reset for your hair.

Just wanna talk about my favourite mascara for a moment. "They're Real" by benefit cosmetics is one of the best products that I've come across in a long while. I've got itty-bitty lashes, naturally. But this mascara makes my eyes pop. And to think, if I never got the sample baggie Sephora hands out once a year for your birthday, we would've never been introduced. The consistency and the brush is top-notch and the formula doesn't clump... even after weeks and weeks of use. The downside? The full monty is $29 a pop. The smaller size is about as much as your typical drugstore brand. But seriously? I think it's worth it.

Benefit-Theyre-Real-Mascara-UK.jpg

I even modeled it for you:

View attachment 21362View attachment 21363

it is a great mascara but it’s not contact lens friendly… it leaves huge oily splotches that seriously impede your vision and don’t come off…

it is a great mascara but it’s not contact lens friendly… it leaves huge oily splotches that seriously impede your vision and don’t come off…

Really? I wear contact lenses too and I've never had that issue. Though I do know what you mean; with some products, your eyes do water excessively when you're wearing contacts and the product gets on the lens. I get that with covergirl and marcelle products. Maybe there's something in this formula that doesn't agree with you?

ok! I'm returning that shampoo and giving non-sulphites another chance :D

I don't think i could go that long without washing my hair. After the second day it becomes extremely EXTREMELY greasy and weighed down at the roots. My fine hair does not hide grease well!

ok! I'm returning that shampoo and giving non-sulphites another chance :D

I don't think i could go that long without washing my hair. After the second day it becomes extremely EXTREMELY greasy and weighed down at the roots. My fine hair does not hide grease well!

Yeah definitely try clarifying your hair with apple cider vinegar first though before you try anything else. Then start to take breaks with your hair and only shampoo/condition every other day.

Try coconut oil (or walnut oil) for dry hair. Drape a towel over your shoulders and shmoosh the oil into your hair until it's well saturated and greasy. Then kick back and watch a nice long movie with all the goop in your hair. Some people even plastic wrap their hair and sleep on it (on old towels) all through the night. Do it a couple times and week and you'll see a difference.

Or better yet, take a shampoo and hair product vacation for a week and let your hair build up some of its own natural oils and then try the oil thing at the end of your shampoo furlough.

It's a nice, quick reset for your hair.

My BF has very, VERY dry hair. So a few times we have saturated it in coconut oil, wrapped it in saran wrap and then blow dried it to seal it all in. His hair came out reallllly nice after that. Highly recommend!

How do you ladies spend the bulk of your money on cosmetics?

I used to be OK with buying just drug store brand products, but now that I wear a LOT less makeup I indulge and tend to spend a lot more. My foundation, mascara and blush products are all about $30 dollars each.

How do you ladies spend the bulk of your money on cosmetics?

I used to be OK with buying just drug store brand products, but now that I wear a LOT less makeup I indulge and tend to spend a lot more. My foundation, mascara and blush products are all about $30 dollars each.

I've accumulated an assload of eyeshadow palettes, blushes, bronzers and pencil liners over the years, so I'm about set for life in that department. My BB cream and mascara are probably the only big purchases I make and since I don't really wear them every day, they usually last me for several months. The other stuff is really just a collection of things I get from my friends on my birthday/just because and the cheapy drugstore brands.

As for hair products, I buy a huge tub of the Marc Anthony shampoo/conditioner and the Argan Oil kit from Costco and it lasts me a year. If you'd see the size of these bottles, you'd know why.

The only regular beauty expenses I have are my hair and my nails, and for that, yeah, I do the salon thing. I do my hair pretty much quarterly whereas my nails I do about every four to six weeks.

Reactions: rawr
I've accumulated an assload of eyeshadow palettes, blushes, bronzers and pencil liners over the years, so I'm about set for life in that department. My BB cream and mascara are probably the only big purchases I make and since I don't really wear them every day, they usually last me for several months. The other stuff is really just a collection of stuff I get from my friends and the cheapy drugstore brands.

As for shampoo, I buy a huge tub of the Marc Anthony stuff and the Argan Oil kit from Costco and it lasts me a year. Yay. Buying in bulk.

The only regular beauty expenses I have are my hair and my nails, and for that, yeah, I do the salon thing. I do my hair pretty much quarterly whereas my nails I do about every four to six weeks.

I used to spend money on going to the salon and stopped because I was dropping at least 200 dollars a visit lol. A little out of control. After I chopped my hair super short I just stopped going to get it done, because I had very little hair to do anything with. I want to make a trip in and get it all cleaned up and dealt with because now I simply have way too much hair.

I have only once in my life had my nails professionally done. I usually do it myself but tinker with the idea of treating myself to a spa day.

I went through my makeup in my last big move and threw a ton of stuff out because I simply never wore it anymore. Kind of a waste I guess. Now anything that is creamy or moist I spend a lot on and more frequently but anything that's pressed (shadows, powder) I can get away with spending a little less on and they last FOREVER.

Argan oil, eh? What's the benefit of that for the hair?

I used to spend money on going to the salon and stopped because I was dropping at least 200 dollars a visit lol. A little out of control. After I chopped my hair super short I just stopped going to get it done, because I had very little hair to do anything with. I want to make a trip in and get it all cleaned up and dealt with because now I simply have way too much hair.

I was the opposite. My best friend and I would usually do each other's hair; she'd bleach the shit out of mine, I'd bleach the shit out of hers. It was a mutual, chemical give-and-take. Since she's not even in the country anymore and none of my other friends know how to do foils, I started going to the salon. $140-$150 a visit isn't bad exchange for looking human, but then again, I suspect I have a lot less hair than you do (thanks, in part, to the aforementioned bleaching). I think if I tried to do my own hair, I'd only end up damaging it even more.

On second thought, I already did that, didn't I?

Don't even get me started on what my hairdresser said when I walked in with that head of bright, red hair back in January. lol.

I have only once in my life had my nails professionally done. I usually do it myself but tinker with the idea of treating myself to a spa day.

It's nice to be pampered :)

I can't do my own nails. One hand turns out pristine, the other looks like a five-year old did it.

Argan oil, eh? What's the benefit of that for the hair?

To be honest, I don't think the benefits are any different from putting coconut oil in your hair. I guess the only real difference is that it's not greasy after you put it on. It dries and gives your hair a nice, soft, silky finish. I usually apply it after every wash.

Last edited:
Reactions: rawr
Really? I wear contact lenses too and I've never had that issue. Though I do know what you mean; with some products, your eyes do water excessively when you're wearing contacts and the product gets on the lens. I get that with covergirl and marcelle products. Maybe there's something in this formula that doesn't agree with you?

i tried so many times to make this work for me lol… but every time i wore it, it ruined my lenses… i’ve never had this happen before or after :m075:

curious, anyone made a good homemade facial? If so, what did you use? How did it feel?