[PUG] - Artificial insemination is immoral | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] Artificial insemination is immoral

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Satya, Apr 10, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
More threads by Satya
  1. Barnabas

    Barnabas Time Lord

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2009
    Threads:
    263
    Messages:
    5,241
    Likes Received:
    666
    Trophy Points:
    667
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Florida man
    MBTI:
    wiblywobly
    Enneagram:
    timeywimey

    If they used a telelogical argument, you might be validated here. But seeing as they use Theological argument, they can just call you heretic now go build a fire.


    ---------------------------------------

    Am I arguing for something I don't accept? It must be late.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Raccoon Love

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2009
    Threads:
    310
    Messages:
    5,413
    Likes Received:
    685
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Huh..Since I saw the thread and first post made by Satya under this section I knew where this was going..I was planning to sit here with some popcorn and enjoy the show...but the movie is so similar to the one before..oh well..

    At least you guys are having fun :)

    Don't forget..

    At all times you must love each other and hug each other

    :m085::hug:

    Aww Satya and Barnabas hugging would be incredibly cute..
     
    #62 Raccoon Love, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  3. Barnabas

    Barnabas Time Lord

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2009
    Threads:
    263
    Messages:
    5,241
    Likes Received:
    666
    Trophy Points:
    667
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Florida man
    MBTI:
    wiblywobly
    Enneagram:
    timeywimey
    The last time that we got close enough to hug Satya tried to "struggle on my ass"

    Maybe a hands shake would be better.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. enfp can be shy

    enfp can be shy people vs the bad people?
    Donor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2009
    Threads:
    36
    Messages:
    2,538
    Likes Received:
    288
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    enfp
    Enneagram:
    -
    Also, each time man masturbates, million new life forms die. And each month when woman ovulates, life is lost.

    Nothing is designed for anything. I wish it was, then it wasn't going to be so inefficient in many aspects. My favorite example is some nerve in the giraffe's neck that goes back and forth the whole neck, before reaching his brain. Total loss of efficiency, that no designer could even imagine. But it happened, because it was useful for small animals, whose necks gradually evolved longer. There's no special predefined purpose in any physical feature.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #64 enfp can be shy, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  5. Quinlan

    Quinlan Right the First Time!

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2008
    Threads:
    160
    Messages:
    4,066
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    315
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    ISFP
    Not always sometimes it's a poor fit.

    Sometimes I use a key as a knife to open packages, is that immoral?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. OP
    Satya

    Satya C'est la vie
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    May 11, 2008
    Threads:
    540
    Messages:
    7,284
    Likes Received:
    547
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INXP
    The key was made by man but man was made by the creator. Just becasue man does not use his own devises as they were meant to be used does not mean he is being immoral. However, if he uses himself as the creator had not designed him to be used, then it is immoral.
     
    Raccoon Love likes this.
  7. tfg345i4u5lw

    On Holiday

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2010
    Threads:
    64
    Messages:
    2,021
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    643
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    ????
    Enneagram:
    None
    you make no sense

    This post is hella dumb. How is jerkin your tally wack a sin? Please expand on that... yeah you can't. And how is a woman a failure if she can't reproduce naturally. That's the type of dumb and invalid thought process that keeps people oppressed. So sorry women according to satya you can be the CEO of a company, live a fulfilling life, and make the world a better place but if you can't reproduce naturally YOURE A FAILURE. Because all you're good for is sex and reproduction.

    There is some validity in saying that it's wrong to artificially inseminate because you are passing bad genes down. And your offspring are more likely to have the same problems, thus causing them to live unhappier lives. But all this "its a sin to jerk your wanker" and "hasn't she failed as a woman if she can't reproduce" makes you sound like one of those christian people who live on a ranch and wear all the same clothes.

    p.s. I sin 3-4 times a week because it reduces my chance of developing prostate cancer by 70%. Also its pretty fun and it keeps my endurance up.
     
  8. Barnabas

    Barnabas Time Lord

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2009
    Threads:
    263
    Messages:
    5,241
    Likes Received:
    666
    Trophy Points:
    667
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Florida man
    MBTI:
    wiblywobly
    Enneagram:
    timeywimey
    somebody jumped head long into a discusion a little to soon
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Faye

    Faye ^_^
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2009
    Threads:
    311
    Messages:
    7,206
    Featured Threads:
    4
    Likes Received:
    4,212
    Trophy Points:
    892
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Gridania
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Like virtually everything in our society in some regard? The amount of antibiotics used on livestock in your common factory farm isn't exactly natural.
     
  10. Kavalan

    Kavalan Has risen

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2009
    Threads:
    41
    Messages:
    1,478
    Likes Received:
    327
    Trophy Points:
    637
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    1W9
    nice vigor but if you go back and look at more of satya's post this thread will make sense.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. acd

    acd Well-known member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2009
    Threads:
    136
    Messages:
    12,842
    Featured Threads:
    8
    Likes Received:
    16,945
    Trophy Points:
    1,227
    Location:
    Big sky
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    I didn't really read the rest of this thread. But that argument is nonsensical to me. Why should only those who are able to bear children be able to adopt when they can have their own babies? Is it not a sin of omission to refuse to be fruitful and multiply your own stock? Bascially, anyone who is not in the Quiverful movement is going down to hell.


    How can anyone argue what God intended, when the realities don't really show that God has anything to do with conception or child birth anyway.

    I'm going on a lil tangent here but:

    And if the creator intended for strictly male/female human beings then what's with all the babys born with mutations of both gentalia (functioning or not).

    Is it immoral to choose which ones are to be male and which are to be female? and then surgically make it so?


    Anyway. It takes more than biology to be capable of rearing children. And biology is not in God's favor anyway.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Quinlan

    Quinlan Right the First Time!

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2008
    Threads:
    160
    Messages:
    4,066
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    315
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    ISFP
    But maybe it was designed with multiple purposes? Maybe the penis was designed as nature's swiss army knife?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. OP
    Satya

    Satya C'est la vie
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    May 11, 2008
    Threads:
    540
    Messages:
    7,284
    Likes Received:
    547
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INXP
    It sounds like you have a problem with teleology.

    I'll go through the logic with ya.

    -It is man's duty to live in accordance with the creator's design.
    -If man deviates from that design then he is sinning.
    -The man's penis and the woman's vagina were clearly designed for the purpose of procreation because they fit together and lead to the creation of new human life.
    -Therefore any deviation from that purpose is a sin.

    Masturbation, oral sex, artificial insemination, etc. are all activities that deviate from the design by dissociating the sexual act from the procreative act. Hence they are all sin.

    -Women were designed to have babies.
    -Women who can't have babies can't fulfill that purpose.
    -Therefore those women are failures.

    Isn't teleological reasoning impeccable?
     
  14. tfg345i4u5lw

    On Holiday

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2010
    Threads:
    64
    Messages:
    2,021
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    643
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    ????
    Enneagram:
    None
    I hope you read this because I'm really curious.

    Do you truly believe a woman is a failure if she cannot reproduce naturally? Or are you just intrigued by the logistics?? (This is what i'm curious about)

    But for the hell of it, your statements are susceptible to a lot of counter arguments. For example I will mirror your argument;

    -It is man's duty to live in accordance with the creator's design.
    -If man deviates from that design then he is sinning.
    -The man's penis and the woman's vagina were clearly designed for the purpose of pleasure because dopamine is released during the stimulation of nerve endings in the penis and vagina. Dopamine released in the brain causes pleasure so clearly the penis and vagina were designed for pleasure.
    -Therefore any deviation from that purpose (the purpose of pleasure) is a sin.

    So... according to my logistics masturbation is virtually never a sin since the purpose of masturbation is pleasure.

    And... a sexual act which is also a procreative act can be a sin if the woman completes conception without experiencing pleasure (pregnancy caused by rape is an example).

    **The last three bullets you wrote had nothing to do with your initial hypothesis so I won't even humor them.

    God I can't believe I swooped so low and did this. At least i'm high on vicodin right now have an excuse. (recent surgery)

    The point I just made had zero truth to it. And neither do any of yours.
     
    #74 tfg345i4u5lw, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
    Satya and Morgain like this.
  15. Barnabas

    Barnabas Time Lord

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2009
    Threads:
    263
    Messages:
    5,241
    Likes Received:
    666
    Trophy Points:
    667
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Florida man
    MBTI:
    wiblywobly
    Enneagram:
    timeywimey

    Satya, he's silly. I can't understand why he thinks women are only for babies.

    He's not very good at the smart thing(but don't let him know I said that) either, so just give him some space he's doing his best ok.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. Naxx

    Naxx Permanent Fixture

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2008
    Threads:
    82
    Messages:
    974
    Likes Received:
    76
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    ESTP
    Enneagram:
    9w0
    Reading through this thread, it appears there is an actual taker. It also appears that he has taken pretty hard.

    Actually further reading shows there are actually multiple takers; I've gravely been mistaken.

    Under further extended analysis... testicle, penis and things of the such.. has gravely been mistaken.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #76 Naxx, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  17. tfg345i4u5lw

    On Holiday

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2010
    Threads:
    64
    Messages:
    2,021
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    643
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    ????
    Enneagram:
    None
    thanks bro. I'm just stuck on vicodin trying to perfect my counter agrument. I'm taking a class on validity right now and I have a debate next week so this is good practice. I shouldn't even mess with this guy.
     
  18. OP
    Satya

    Satya C'est la vie
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    May 11, 2008
    Threads:
    540
    Messages:
    7,284
    Likes Received:
    547
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INXP
    Well done. Not bad for someone on painkillers.
     
  19. OP
    Satya

    Satya C'est la vie
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    May 11, 2008
    Threads:
    540
    Messages:
    7,284
    Likes Received:
    547
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INXP
    Oh rawlly?
     
  20. Jack

    Jack Community Member

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2010
    Threads:
    14
    Messages:
    584
    Likes Received:
    65
    Trophy Points:
    160
    MBTI:
    ENTP
    Teleology needn't be direct design. Say there was an indirect process that made a certain telos an inevitability. Not the designer's fault, if the designer left the future open, its just how things played out.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page