Are you a hoarder or a thrower-away? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Are you a hoarder or a thrower-away?

Do you tend to collect things, or do you throw or give things away?

• Collector

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Thrower-away

Votes: 20 47.6%

• Total voters
I keep everything. Really becomes a problem.

I keep everything. Really becomes a problem.

me too, I have a hard time throwing things out because i always think they could come in handy sometime.

me too, I have a hard time throwing things out because i always think they could come in handy sometime.

This, and things have memories attached to them.

I can't stand clutter, but I also tend to collect. I keep important things that I just might need in a big rubbermaid tote that can fit under my bed. Sometimes I go through it and part with the stuff I feel isn't necessary to keep.

If I feel I must throw away something that at one time had sentimental value, then I'll throw away something else along with it so it won't feel lonely in the garbage can.

I only collect things I know I'm going to reuse in the future. I don't put much value into material things anymore, especially since it only takes one hurricane to wash it all away (damn you Ike!). My S/O on the other hand refuses to throw away anything. He even keeps bottle caps in a drawer (wtf?!) lol.

I don't do either....I get rid of stuff I don't need and keep stuff that I do/may need. Occasionally, if I do not use stuff I've kept, I get rid of that, too.

I struggle throwing some things out. I also reuse random containers for weird stuff. For example, all of my guitar picks are in an empty Altoids container. Shoe boxes are one of my favorite inventions too.

I'm a massive hoarder, at least I was until I decided that I was moving to Switzerland. Since I've spent years hoarding though, it's become very hard to decide what I should throw away.
\

I'll hang on to things I think I'm going to need or am supposed to "retain for my records", but after awhile I get pissed and chuck it all.

The only things I absolutely will not part with are certain old photographs and everything I've written in a creative capacity since junior high. The rest is subject to termination at random intervals, dependent on how stuck or held back I'm feeling at the moment. I sometimes feel better just starting over fresh.

My mom is a severe hoarder, so I turned into a thrower-away-er.

Except photos, personal letters, things like that. Unless they really turn meaningless to me. Which does happen, occasionally. I do hate to delete photos off of my computer, though. I don't know why, I'm never going to need them all, and probably wouldn't miss many of them if they were gone.

I'm a mild hoarder, I think? I dunno, I don't usually buy things that I'll throw away, and if I stop using something, I'll either sell or donate it. I'm not sure if that counts as throwing it away, though... since I'm technically not directly throwing it into a garbage or anything.

Then again, I haven't bought anything that I'd be able to hoard (like food and gasoline). I think I'm putting too much thought into this. Damn my minimalist lifestyle :m192:

I am a mild hoarder who engages in regular purge cycles.

cheers,
Ian

I am a hoarder of books and anything that may have use intellectually, in the future. I also save anything that I may consider important and which has reminiscent qualities. Every now and then I will go through it all and toss the items I no longer consider in the "important/necessity" classification.

Reactions: aeon
I am not a hoarder at all. If it serves a purpose I'll keep it else, out with it. I don't even keep photographs for sentimental reasons. I only keep enough to satisfy people in my life who would be offended by my not keeping them.

A hoarder that occasionally does some spring cleaning :D

I do hoard digital files though, my itunes library is out of control D: (48,560 songs)

The only thing I hoard is books and mementos. Like letters, cards, pictures, and the like (started around 9 or 10). I always throw stuff out that doesn't get used on a pretty regular basis. I did a little spring cleaning this weekend and was really disgusted on how much stuff I have that has never been or hardly been used it all. Its making me rethink my materialistic consumption and how much $ I spend on things I don't need at all.

A hoarder that occasionally does some spring cleaning :D

This. I also hoard all important conversations that i have with people.

i am naturally a hoarder and do collect things but at the same time have basically conquered my hoarding and have come to hate not being able to throw things out. throwing something away makes me feel free and happy.

I keep everything. Really important things, I tag (like with paper) and explain their significance, and put them on a shelf or in a box. My house is like a museum of my life. I like to go through the archives. It brings back memories I've forgotten. Really inspiring.