• No

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters

knight in battle

Feb 28, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
A healthy INFJ:

- You care how you come across to people.
- You consider other people's input and try to understand their point of view.
- You avoid obsessing over unimportant details that don't contribute to a common goal. (in group work situations)
- You judge other people to the same degree as you judge yourself, your usefulness to society, etc.
- You have reasonable expectations of others.
- You tolerate weaknesses in other people.
- You don't believe you're always right.
- You practice effective ways to relax and unwind.
- You forgive people and release grudges, regularly.
- You look for the good that you see in other people.
- You inform others that you when you require more time than expected to make decisions.
- You communicate your thoughts to other people.
- You keep in mind the big picture.
- You collect all relevant information before you come to a conclusion.
- You dwell on the sunny side of life.

(INFJ)

Reactions: Jexocuha
By and large, yes.

not sure it's for me to judge :)

Remarks bolded in quote:

A healthy INFJ:

- You care how you come across to people. Sometimes
- You consider other people's input and try to understand their point of view. Sometimes
- You avoid obsessing over unimportant details that don't contribute to a common goal. (in group work situations) No. It's a trap I fall into at least once or twice a day.
- You judge other people to the same degree as you judge yourself, your usefulness to society, etc. Most definitely.
- You have reasonable expectations of others. Only when taking into account the above point. I have high expectations that I think are reasonable, yet most seem to fail them, including myself.
- You tolerate weaknesses in other people. I do not tolerate weakness in others if it negatively affects me, unless it is someone important to me.
- You don't believe you're always right. I don't believe I'm always right, but I usually am. I don't believe that I'm right to protect my ego or some such. I believe I'm right when my logic, knowledge, memories, intuition, etc tells me I'm right. I can accept defeat gracefully when proven wrong.
- You practice effective ways to relax and unwind. No. It's complicated.
- You forgive people and release grudges, regularly. This one is difficult. I forgive, yet never forget. If the incidents repeat, it builds.
- You look for the good that you see in other people. In certain people.
- You inform others that you when you require more time than expected to make decisions. Sometimes.
- You communicate your thoughts to other people. I usually do communicate the thoughts I have in the moment. Not always the thoughts I have before or after though. It is really frustrating.
- You keep in mind the big picture. Unless I get stressed.
- You collect all relevant information before you come to a conclusion. To a degree. I am not very good at thinking of questions. I usually come to conclusions based on what is known and observable.
- You dwell on the sunny side of life. No. I am largely indifferent. There is no sunny or dark side.

(INFJ)

Reactions: knight in battle
Most pressing things I need to work on:

- You avoid obsessing over unimportant details that don't contribute to a common goal. (in all situations)
- You have reasonable expectations of others.
- You don't believe you're always right.
- You forgive people and release grudges, regularly.
- You collect all relevant information before you come to a conclusion.

I'm still about 40% OCD, expect too much from others, almost always think I'm right (secretly), don't forgive easily and can hold grudges for a long time :redface:, and tend to make sudden, rash, uninformed decisions, which I'm then resistant to change. Good list.

I am struggling to be healthy, but it is a practice and even with great strides I feel tossed back and forth by circumstance. I do many of these healthy things, though, I am glad to notice.

yes and no. but generally yes.

A healthy INFJ:

• You dwell on the sunny side of life.

(INFJ)

I struggle a lot with bouts of rumination and negativity (weekly if not daily), but not to the point of severe functional impairment (though sometimes problems with concentration and focus on my studies). How the hell do I dwell on the sunny side of life?

Well yup ... I made it (according to the info posted)

I struggle a lot with bouts of rumination and negativity (weekly if not daily), but not to the point of severe functional impairment (though sometimes problems with concentration and focus on my studies). How the hell do I dwell on the sunny side of life?

I think dwelling on the sunny side of life can be facilitated by a couple of the points above:
• You practice effective ways to relax and unwind.
• You forgive people and release grudges, regularly.

There are other ways besides these and white-knuckling a positive thinking regimen, of course.

A healthy INFJ:

• You care how you come across to people.
You consider other people's input and try to understand their point of view.
• You avoid obsessing over unimportant details that don't contribute to a common goal. (in group work situations)
You judge other people to the same degree as you judge yourself, your usefulness to society, etc.
You have reasonable expectations of others.
• You tolerate weaknesses in other people.

• You don't believe you're always right.
• You practice effective ways to relax and unwind.
• You forgive people and release grudges, regularly.
• You look for the good that you see in other people.
• You inform others that you when you require more time than expected to make decisions.
• You communicate your thoughts to other people.
• You keep in mind the big picture.
• You collect all relevant information before you come to a conclusion.
• You dwell on the sunny side of life.

(INFJ)

I have finally come to a point in life where I've begun to recognize that if a person is an artisan- they will be an artisan. If a person is a nurturer, then their highest self will be an adept nurturer. I went around my whole life expecting people to turn into philosophers and look at their shadows, and become sparkling gods, but I've finally accepted that it's just not the case.

I think I'm on the path to becoming a healthy INFJ, I just need to be a little more optimistic.

I'd say I am. I can answer either always or nearly always for the things in that list.

Reactions: Motor Jax
I checked yes on most of these, but I can guarantee I'm far from being a healthy anything.

I would not call myself unhealthy, just immature. There is no guarantee it ever changes though.

Bad INFJ here.

:m179:
I know the monkey emoticon probably contradicts that notion somewhat.

A healthy INFJ:

• You care how you come across to people. - Yes, but I often don't come across as I want to. (I.E. Say something jokingly, and come off as offensive, when all I wanted was to alleviate tension

• You consider other people's input and try to understand their point of view. - Yes, but I don't always change my views accordingly
• You avoid obsessing over unimportant details that don't contribute to a common goal. (in group work situations) - Depends on the situation
• You judge other people to the same degree as you judge yourself, your usefulness to society, etc. - No, other people haven't lived my life, and I haven't lived the life of other people; They can't be expected to see things the same way I do, or I the way they see things.

• You have reasonable expectations of others. - I would consider them reasonable, but we'd have to establish what 'reasonable' is.
• You tolerate weaknesses in other people. - Yes, although I encourage others to strengthen themselves.
• You don't believe you're always right. - Depends on the topic; generally speaking, yes, unless it deals with my personal fundamental beliefs
• You practice effective ways to relax and unwind. - Yes
• You forgive people and release grudges, regularly. - Yes
• You look for the good that you see in other people. - Yes, although I don't ignore the bad
• You inform others that you when you require more time than expected to make decisions. - Yes
• You communicate your thoughts to other people. - Yes, unless said thoughts are unnecessary or could be misunderstood and considered offencive
• You keep in mind the big picture. - Yes
• You collect all relevant information before you come to a conclusion. - I collect all information that I, personally, would consider relevant
• You dwell on the sunny side of life. - I'd say so :p

(INFJ)

If that seems a bit false from what you guys have seen of me, let me know. I'm looking at this through my point of view.

Reactions: Jexocuha
I have some of these traits but I'm going through depression right now. Typical INFJ, huh?

Reactions: Flavus Aquila