Are intuitives midly insane? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Are intuitives midly insane?

I do not think so. I do think that those who type as Intuitive within the MBTI system may express the symptomology of an anxiety-depressive axis illness and/or other Type II (DSM) mood/personality disorders in a way that is distinctive as compared and contrasted with those who type as Sensor within the MBTI system, but I do not think there is a corallary between typing as "N" and those disorders.
Yeah that is kind of what I meant. Looking back I really wasn't being clear LOL.

Intuitives seem to be more likely to question the established order of things. Anyone who doesn't do things the established way is perceived to be a tad off because they go against the norm.

squir.jpg

Stop! Posting pictures of squirrels! Don't you all realize that they are going to take over the world?!

BTW, I am completely sane.

Good thing .22 ammunition is so cheap.

I have alot of "moments" that cause me to question my "sanity" :D

...DUCKINTHEDOGFOODBIN!

i question my sanity the most when others are around and at moments of peak solitude.

Sean-ah-tui? What is this san-eh-tee you speak of?

They must be famished in Cornwall.

Does having random hallucinatory moments make one insane? Say you're driving back from the city at night and in your rearview mirror you see the silver backside of traffic signs.. and fervently believe them windows in the sky. And actually ask yourself the question, "wtf are those windows doing up there?"
Does that make one mildly insane?

Well I am not going to say N's are insane but I just want to take this as an oppertunity to say I just got out of the mental part of a hospital because a friend left me. ^_^

No.

/thread

As a kid I actually used to think that everyone thought like me, or would think like me, if only they would stop wasting so much time on silly things like pop culture and trendy clothes and social drama and spend more time cultivating their awareness of the world around them. I was convinced that if people could only be awakened to their inner authentic self, they would all see things my way.

Ha ha, I'm not sure now if this was my idealistic streak or sheer narcissism. Because clearly mine was the superior mentality.

I think that everyone has the potential to exhibit mental illness, regardless. That said, I do myself take medication for attention deficit. It allows me to be a vastly more productive and capable person.

Maybe everyone who is into this pop culture things is delusional to think its important? I believe delusional is a form of ill minded. or is the fact of having a different mind set of the majority makes one ill minded... if so then i believe we are all mental... I guess it would depend on what level of mentalness one would be to be considerer... mental.. There for how different one is?

Last edited: