Anyone met a Twin Flame? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Anyone met a Twin Flame?

omg wyote is a sensor?
did anybody else know wyote is a sensor??

Joking aside.
@David Nelson having not seen your conversations I can't say what subtext might've been there. By how you describe it, it absolutely sounds one-sided to me. For many reasons.
I think she is in denial to herself perhaps about the potential for connection.
why do you say it like that?

Well like you say only time will tell. Working on yourself can't hurt; how do you plan on approaching it?

omg wyote is a sensor?
did anybody else know wyote is a sensor??

Joking aside.
@David Nelson having not seen your conversations I can't say what subtext might've been there. By how you describe it, it absolutely sounds one-sided to me. For many reasons.

why do you say it like that?

Well like you say only time will tell. Working on yourself can't hurt; how do you plan on approaching it?

Well she is doing a Masters degree so not a stupid girl. If she wasn’t interested, she simply doesn’t flirt, talks to me like normal and doesn’t go hot and cold. She has said I make her very uncomfortable in her text. But 2 times we met she was all smiles and friendly. Wouldn’t she just be flattered by my attention and be ready to turn me down if I asked her out. I know I’m making assumptions, but she doesn’t seem that shy in general. And there have been several instances of quite long eye contact. Why didn’t she break it if not interested?
As far as myself and signs of TF etc. maybe that could be due to feelings of romance which I have not had for a long time. I need resolution but she’s not giving me the chance for a dialogue with her. She has said she has a b/f and doesn’t have feelings for me, but then she blocked me, giving me no chance to reply. My intuition tells me it’s not that straight forward. I think she is lying but of course I cannot act on or presume that. Attraction is rarely black and white. I said a few things in my texts which she hasn’t responded to. She is so cagey it’s weird. I’ve never met anyone so poor at communication (note she is studying linguistics lol). She might of course like me and nothing more, which begs the question….talk to me. I think she’s hiding something. I am honestly not a scary person.

Well she is doing a Masters degree so not a stupid girl. If she wasn’t interested, she simply doesn’t flirt, talks to me like normal and doesn’t go hot and cold. She has said I make her very uncomfortable in her text. But 2 times we met she was all smiles and friendly. Wouldn’t she just be flattered by my attention and be ready to turn me down if I asked her out. I know I’m making assumptions, but she doesn’t seem that shy in general. And there have been several instances of quite long eye contact. Why didn’t she break it if not interested?
As far as myself and signs of TF etc. maybe that could be due to feelings of romance which I have not had for a long time. I need resolution but she’s not giving me the chance for a dialogue with her. She has said she has a b/f and doesn’t have feelings for me, but then she blocked me, giving me no chance to reply. My intuition tells me it’s not that straight forward. I think she is lying but of course I cannot act on or presume that. Attraction is rarely black and white. I said a few things in my texts which she hasn’t responded to. She is so cagey it’s weird. I’ve never met anyone so poor at communication (note she is studying linguistics lol). She might of course like me and nothing more, which begs the question….talk to me. I think she’s hiding something. I am honestly not a scary person.

Apologies if I'm being a little presumptuous here, I think I'm onto something though.

I feel like thinking about this in terms of what she's feeling is the wrong way to think about it. Think about it in terms of the rules of the game you're playing.

Courtship is supposed to be a gradual process where you get to know each other and bond slowly (so I've heard anyway). It doesn't sound like you did that--you instead got straight to the point. You're not supposed to get romantically involved when you have a partner. She has a partner. You're not supposed to seek out interaction with someone who blocked you. You're continuing to try even though she blocked you.

Whether or not she has feelings doesn't matter here, she's not going to get with you because you aren't following the rules. Unless you are very good at finding the exact right coincidences you need to happen to get in her orbit again without directly trying to reach her, there are no good moves to make that end with you being in a relationship.

Apologies if I'm being a little presumptuous here, I think I'm onto something though.

I feel like thinking about this in terms of what she's feeling is the wrong way to think about it. Think about it in terms of the rules of the game you're playing.

Courtship is supposed to be a gradual process where you get to know each other and bond slowly (so I've heard anyway). It doesn't sound like you did that--you instead got straight to the point. You're not supposed to get romantically involved when you have a partner. She has a partner. You're not supposed to seek out interaction with someone who blocked you. You're continuing to try even though she blocked you.

Whether or not she has feelings doesn't matter here, she's not going to get with you because you aren't following the rules. Unless you are very good at finding the exact right coincidences you need to happen to get in her orbit again without directly trying to reach her, there are no good moves to make that end with you being in a relationship.

You missed some important details. She has only just told me she’s in a relationship after knowing her for over 6 months. If I was hassling her, why didn’t she tell me that months ago??

She only blocked me a week ago. We’ve only had 4 texts between us. I have no intention of pushing her now she has blocked me. All that could happen in my favour is if she is my TF then she may change her mind about the block, talking to me and her boyfriend. Anything is possible, but ball is completely in her court now. I know the rules and red flags. And btw, according to TF theory, phone blocking is pretty standard.

I'mma break this down bit by bit a little, okay? it may come across as a little insensitive or in some cases obvious. If so, that's not my intention; rather I don't want things to fall unnoticed. Bear with me here <3

She has said I make her very uncomfortable in her text
Why don't you accept this?
This is a direct 'leave me alone' even considering a pleasant disposition. That it came through text makes absolute sense because it can feel risky telling a man in-person they make you very uncomfortable. Especially if her past has given her experiences like that.

But 2 times we met she was all smiles and friendly.
Hun sometimes that's ummm like default. I can't tell you how much trouble being friendly or smiling has brought me. It brings me good things too don't get me wrong! but also a lot of misunderstanding. Like men thinking I'm besotted with them when in truth I'm just trying to be nice. Or in a good mood?
You can ask others about this.

Wouldn’t she just be flattered by my attention and be ready to turn me down if I asked her out.
For some the idea of a relationship with an older man is a fun escape, but not what they want in reality. So yes maybe she wanted attention.
Or also possible she didn't realize you meant it like that. She might've thought you & her were just two friends hanging out someplace. Is there a reason she shouldn't have?
I'd have been wary myself but not everybody is.

And there have been several instances of quite long eye contact. Why didn’t she break it if not interested?
She may be curious about you. Curiosity doesn't equal 'interested'.
Or possibly she may have been studying you. Like trying to get a feel for the situation or your intentions.
Or maybe she doesn't have a habit of looking away. Some people are like that.

I need resolution but she’s not giving me the chance for a dialogue with her.
Resolution is nice, especially if we've been dropped by somebody out-of-the-blue. The way this is phrased comes across like you're entitled to it. I don't say that you mean it that way, only that that's the impression it could immediately give somebody.

She has said she has a b/f and doesn’t have feelings for me, but then she blocked me, giving me no chance to reply.
Which wasn't by chance. She's not looking for a reply or follow-up because that could carry on.

My intuition tells me it’s not that straight forward. I think she is lying but of course I cannot act on or presume that.
Why do you think she is lying? what would you say is the more likely situation?

I said a few things in my texts which she hasn’t responded to. She is so cagey it’s weird. I’ve never met anyone so poor at communication (note she is studying linguistics lol).
If I'm trying to get somebody out of my life who makes me very uncomfortable I'm totally going to be cagey and not reply to everything they say. It has nothing to do with communication and everything to do with dynamite.

I am honestly not a scary person.
That really depends on perspective. I can see why she would feel that you are, though I know you don't mean to be.
Why do you believe you aren't scary?

Maybe she finds me interesting. As I’ve said my only hope is that it’s a TF situation. If it is, she may change. If not, she gets what she says she wants: for me to leave her alone. I may never know what she thinks or if she is lying. That is her prerogative. I suppose I can’t know if she is intimidated by me. I guess it’s easy for a woman to be wary or even scared by many men. I actually never used to think women were generally scared of men, unless they had a good reason to be. I guess that was a lack of imagination about what being female was like. Thinking back, after she was showing signs of resistance to even talking to me, I backed off. Then she said hello to me in a manner like “why are you not talking to me”. You see what I mean, total mixed signals. It’s no wonder my heads in a mess!

If somebody else here had met theirs, what would you say to them?

What if like five different people all felt like the same person was their twin flame :thonking:

octagon-fortress.jpg

Reactions: Jexocuha and aeon
About as likely as the rich giving their wealth to the poor.

lol oh ok, so all those times I've witnessed it happen have been insane occurrences that I've somehow miraculously happened upon.
Man, I really am a freak of nature.

Reactions: Jexocuha and aeon
Yes. Emotions are valuable. It must be understood, accepted, acknowledged but in my experience, I also learned it must not always take control.
Oh okay, thank you for clarifying. Earlier I thought you meant people could always override their emotions; in my life I've rarely met many with the same self-regulation you have.

What if like five different people all felt like the same person was their twin flame :thonking:

octagon-fortress.jpg
a multi-insecurities pile-up
Bonus points if YOU'RE the one they're pining for

Earlier I thought you meant people could always override their emotions; in my life I've rarely met many with the same self-regulation you have.
I wholeheartedly would say that it is an acquired skill. My sole motivation for it is to empathically look at the damages it can bring to the lives of people I love and the lives of the people they love too. What is good for all of us? Often I find, emotions don't always take center stage to the answer to that. It's usually a balance.

For example @David Nelson's predicament screams that the madamme has made a choice. Whatever the strength of those so-called connections, she has still made a choice. Shouldn't that be respected? Connection or no connection, choices bring with them consequences. It seems apparent that she knows which consequences she'd rather be responsible for and it isn't the whirlwind of attraction. Whatever her truth may be, the probability that she has weighed her choices thoroughly is there. No is no. Blocking is blocking. Let's accept that. It might give us peace.