Anyone met a Twin Flame? | Page 14 | INFJ Forum

Anyone met a Twin Flame?

Suppose we go by your desperation here.

Say, she's madly deeply attracted to you she's crying in her sleep because she can't stop thinking about you even though she really shouldn't.

But if that were true, why would she block you? Why hasn't she attempted to contact you at all?

People are weak when it comes to emotional regulation. My best bet is, if she even wanted you half as much as you imagine her to, she'd have been at your doorstep by now. The fact that she isn't and that she hasn't been there at all, means the remaining alternative is still highly viable.

No she's not thinking about you. Yes she is afraid of you.

Now, given those.

Which type of guy would you rather be in that situation? One who respects her life and her choices and lets her be? Or one who ----you said I misrepresented you as such: one who is with stalkerish tendencies?

You have the choice to be what you are. Twin flames or not.

Oh yeah, it's just way complex you see.
Very complicated how she has not spoken to you and avoided you.
That could be for various reasons. If she feels nothing, she could easily have been nasty to me or even laughed at me, or worse, ignored me. Many empowered young women today love to do those sort of things to men.

Avoidance can be a way of hiding what’s really going on. Can you envision that possibility? Is that possible in your world? I’ve read of TFs who married someone else, moved country etc but still went back later to their TF. Not possible in your world view. Mustn’t have happened lol.
I haven’t seen much of her at the best of times, so not a lot has really changed in that regard.

Avoidance can be a way of hiding what’s really going on. Can you envision that possibility? Is that possible in your world? I’ve read of TFs who married someone else, moved country etc but still went back later to their TF. Not possible in your world view. Mustn’t have happened lol.
I haven’t seen much of her at the best of times, so not a lot has really changed in that regard.

Creating justifications in your own head is easy.

I'm only working off of what you have explicitly written and how you've expressed yourself on the forum.
These things add up a certain way.
My main point and focus overall is that you don't seem to be seeing the things that are in front of you.
And you (anyone) must be careful when vulnerabilities are at stake.

Suppose we go by your desperation here.

Say, she's madly deeply attracted to you she's crying in her sleep because she can't stop thinking about you even though she really shouldn't.

But if that were true, why would she block you? Why hasn't she attempted to contact you at all?

People are weak when it comes to emotional regulation. My best bet is, if she even wanted you half as much as you imagine her to, she'd have been at your doorstep by now. The fact that she isn't and that she hasn't been there at all, means the remaining alternative is still highly viable.

No she's not thinking about you. Yes she is afraid of you.

Now, given those.

Which type of guy would you rather be in that situation? One who respects her life and her choices and lets her be? Or one who ----you said I misrepresented you as such: one who is with stalkerish tendencies?

You have the choice to be what you are. Twin flames or not.
I do respect her choices and I am letting her be. My main problem is my own feelings/thoughts.

I think what is most likely is she has felt some attraction but age gap and/or current relationship and maybe other factors has meant she has avoided getting involved with me. That’s just my bad luck. Possibly only an INFJ would still keep hope in such a situation due to Ni dominance, but in no way am I trying to manipulate her. My persistent hope and efforts have possibly been the most troubling thing for her. I very much regret this because the last thing I wanted was to cause her distress.

Note a key part of my interactions with her were to help her with a health condition she suffers from. I took notes from a book and gave her a fairly lengthy summary. This must have seemed odd to her, and a part of me wanted to impress her, but my motives were sincere in helping her with her drugs.

Last edited:
Creating justifications in your own head is easy.

I'm only working off of what you have explicitly written and how you've expressed yourself on the forum.
These things add up a certain way.
My main point and focus overall is that you don't seem to be seeing the things that are in front of you.
And you (anyone) must be careful when vulnerabilities are at stake.
Fair enough, but I am just trying to see all possibilities, not just ones I find most pleasing to me. I do consider the worst possibilities for me as well.

What have I not absorbed which is definitely true? Please enlighten me!

In the posts numbered 11, 20, 21, 27, 64, 106, 123, 133, and 147, you issued a like, but did not address what was generously offered you.

In post 115, someone addressed you at length and tagged you, which you completely and totally ignored.

In the posts numbered 117, 118, 121, 125, 142, 154, 159, 160, 163, 173, 174, and 192, people offered you a number of things. You chose to ignore each and every one of them. No acknowledgment, no reply.

Based on this, and the manner in which you have responded so far, I don’t think it an unreasonable conclusion to question what you may have, or may not have absorbed, truthful and otherwise.

That said, inasmuch as you were/are interested in a relationship, I’m confused as to your reasons for ignoring the counsel of people with successful relationships that celebrated 30-year anniversaries some time ago. That makes no sense to me. Aspirants who ignore the counsel of their rightful masters rightfully remain in Samsara.

But yes, it’s quite fair to acknowledge that we know neither you, nor your situation. That is why people have offered of themselves, sometimes in story, sometimes in caution. as much as they were able—before deciding their effort may have been in vain, and further engagement would be effort wasted.

Cheers,
Ian

In the posts numbered 11, 20, 21, 27, 64, 106, 123, 133, and 147, you issued a like, but did not address what was generously offered you.

In post 115, someone addressed you at length and tagged you, which you completely and totally ignored.

In the posts numbered 117, 118, 121, 125, 142, 154, 159, 160, 163, 173, 174, and 192, people offered you a number of things. You chose to ignore each and every one of them. No acknowledgment, no reply.

Based on this, and the manner in which you have responded so far, I don’t think it an unreasonable conclusion to question what you may have, or may not have absorbed, truthful and otherwise.

That said, inasmuch as you were/are interested in a relationship, I’m confused as to your reasons for ignoring the counsel of people with successful relationships that celebrated 30-year anniversaries some time ago. That makes no sense to me. Aspirants who ignore the counsel of their rightful masters rightfully remain in Samsara.

But yes, it’s quite fair to acknowledge that we know neither you, nor your situation. That is why people have offered of themselves, sometimes in story, sometimes in caution. as much as they were able—before deciding their effort may have been in vain, and further engagement would be effort wasted.

Cheers,
Ian
Wow, you have lots to time to do such a survey, but still I am missing the wisdom of those posts. Can it not be summarised?
I can’t be expected to acknowledge or reply to every post, some didn’t even warrant it imo.

On the counsel of ‘relationship experts’, this is neither perfect nor useless, but to assume it’s the route to wisdom is dangerous. Most also won’t be TF experts, which makes a big difference. I don’t believe I did ignore counsel, which is not the same as thinking it wrong. See most people think if you don’t agree completely with their advice, you are will fully ignorant/blind.

Wow, you have lots to time to do such a survey, but still I am missing the wisdom of those posts. Can it not be summarised?

Yes, it took some time. Taking the time previously led to my apology. I’m sure it could be summarized. That’s on you.

On the counsel of ‘relationship experts’, this is neither perfect nor useless, but to assume it’s the route to wisdom is dangerous.

I assumed nothing. My Zen comment was a little levity. Would a person not want to hear a story from one who had successfully gone before? Then decide to do with it what you will.

Most also won’t be TF experts, which makes a big difference.

Indeed. They’re married for decades or have years-long relationships with their boyfriends, girlfriends, partners.

I don’t believe I did ignore counsel, which is not the same as thinking it wrong.

Fair enough. The rest of us can only go by what is posted, and not.

See most people think if you don’t agree completely with their advice, you are will fully ignorant/blind.

Indeed, and for certain, this forum is not “most people.” You’ll find no better group of people willing to entertain multiple perspectives, and offer of themselves.

That said, for someone who thinks so very well of the INFJ archetype, you seem oblivious to being seen in a den of Ni-doms.

Speaking of which, you might enjoy the Sarkinova function test. My top four functions, as measured by that test, are Ne-Ni-Fi-Ti. :)

Cheers,
Ian

But what actions have I taken since her text? [I felt very responsible for her discomfort.] Only a text via a third party aimed at making her feel better. I’m not trying to justify my actions, merely understand my feelings and thoughts.

I can see now why many got triggered about her discomfort. Bit this is all part of relationships and communications. Her age does make me look bad obvs.
I do respect her choices and I am letting her be. My main problem is my own feelings/thoughts.
These two things are helpful to understand what you are seeking here. Are you seeking help for what to do with the feelings or thoughts?

Because I think you've accurately assessed that basically you've done everything you can and the ball is in her court. If this is a twin flames situation you don't have to do anything further, it will unfold.

So your main concern will be to figure out what to do to get your mind off of it and allow whatever amount of time it will take. She's young, so if it happened maybe it's ten years down the road. Maybe a month. You don't know. (And the worst possibility is that it would never happen, which is what I would be most concerned about but I've already said so I'm just beating a dead horse lol).

So, given the circumstances you're in, probably the main goal is to help reduce the mental anguish you're in over all of this and figure out how you can make your life pleasant and worth living, enjoyable, in this time span where you're trying to see if the twin flame thing is going to work out or not.

Maybe this is more helpful to focus on?

I don't think you're going to win people over on the twin flame thing and that doesn't seem to be helping you. I'm not dismissing the points others are saying and I think they're good to bring them up and it's good for us all to express our thoughts and perspectives.

But it seems like you are no longer engaging with her, right? You have understood the boundaries set up. So at this point when you're talking about her, you are not talking about your plans to win her over or contact her- you are mainly communicating the thoughts that are going on in your head.

I'm not sure if people are understanding that. It's not inherently wrong to be having these thoughts. And you do have an understanding of boundaries, that when somebody asks not to be contacted again you don't, etc. If I'm not misunderstanding, it seems like that aspect is over with, you are trying to process your thoughts and emotions on what has already happened?

Thank you. The saga continues. I actually don't think I was explaining myself well. I never 'conspired to convice her' as you put it. But you must realise that people often don't make the best choices for themselves (no I don't assume I know best). If she doesn't feel the same, her actions will mirror that., but the TF experiences I have been learning about are not typical romance stories. Normal rules don't apply other than consent and respect etc. Relationships are a dynamic, so nothing is black and white. We can influence them, for better or worse, as they can us. 'What will be will be' ultimately. But if TF theory is right, and we are that, she probably/certainly won't find anyone else like me, nor I her. AND she will probably be suffering in some way like me. If I'm wrong about TF, then she probably won't be suffering, although her overreaction is unusual. Worst case for me is she can see the sadness in me, and finds that hard to be around, due to her own sensitivity. She definitely liked my attraction/attention to her at some points, but this can be repellant if it comes across as desperate/needy. That could cause her discomfort as well as TF ego stuff. She probably doesn't know TF theory, so discomfort due to that would just be put down as lack of attraction. This is why TF thing can be so confusing, as there are big ups and downs to attraction. That I have sensed from her. I know she has felt something positive towards me. It's a battle between the mind and soul. Her last and only text to me means I will make no moves in her direction. I do respect what she says, I have to. But this story might not end there. Or it might. We'll see. I am genuinely objectively intrigued as to what happens, even though my happiness and mental state are highly impacted either way. I guess this is the INFJ being logical and emotionally analytical and keen to objectively understand. I find it hard to feel such lack of control, but it is what it is.

Love is indefinable, as is the merging fo 2 souls. If we only see it in terms of power and/or needs/wants, I think we are missing the point. The TF thing seems to me from what I have been hearing (and experiencing) to be more a spiritual thing than a romantic one, although it can be that too. Our souls crave company or understanding, whatever you want to call it. My current experience is new to me, and can only be understood through experience. I'm still in the dark wrt her feelings or lack of them. What a person says is not always true. She could be in denial or scared. I don't know, nor does anyone else except her. All I know is I'm going through the strangest time of my life. I feel like I've spent years asleep or half-awake. A new level of experience is now opened up to me, such that many day to day things seem more trivial than ever. A feeling of deep loneliness follows and haunts me. It's like a combination of sensing the amazing possibilities in life with the feeling that I might never get to realise them, or my sanity depends on finding some new level of existence for myself which can give me some peace and contentment. Maybe it is like having experienced a powerful drug and craving more. What this looks like to most people is not what it is. It seems my life has changed forever. I've been awakened into a kind of new discomfort. Sleeping and eating are disrupted, my thoughts often race. Many symptoms mirror depression. I think that's mixed in with it tbh. What I am going through it real and not made up. It's nothing I have ever experienced before by a long shot. There are good and bad sides to it, but overall most people would probably rather not experience it imo. It's like being a sad alien. It may be worse for an INFJ because we are highly sensitive and already suffer from alienation, and this situation makes that worse. I'm trying to find words for it, which is hard, but it's like having feelings which are so intense, it's hard to handle and there is a desire for others to know what I am feeling. I think seeing her has triggered feelings of deep sadness which I have had for a long time, and seeing her is a reminder of what I have been missing (and may continue to do so). That's hard. You could think I am expecting too much from a relationship, but it's more the lack of any or good ones which I crave, not necessarily the expectation she could 'save' me, although a good relationship probably could just make me deeply happy. Imagine that? A happy INFJ! Try spending decades alone, and then tell me you don't 'need' a relationship.
You explained yourself well-enough. I am now out of my depth with advice for you that others have not already so generously offered. So, all I can say is that I hope for the fulfillment of whatever your heart yearns for, even if not by the means you might have thought originally. Loneliness is extremely difficult, so I'm sorry you're dealing with it to such a great depth of pain. Unfortunately, I too, am well-acquainted.

These two things are helpful to understand what you are seeking here. Are you seeking help for what to do with the feelings or thoughts?

Because I think you've accurately assessed that basically you've done everything you can and the ball is in her court. If this is a twin flames situation you don't have to do anything further, it will unfold.

So your main concern will be to figure out what to do to get your mind off of it and allow whatever amount of time it will take. She's young, so if it happened maybe it's ten years down the road. Maybe a month. You don't know. (And the worst possibility is that it would never happen, which is what I would be most concerned about but I've already said so I'm just beating a dead horse lol).

So, given the circumstances you're in, probably the main goal is to help reduce the mental anguish you're in over all of this and figure out how you can make your life pleasant and worth living, enjoyable, in this time span where you're trying to see if the twin flame thing is going to work out or not.

Maybe this is more helpful to focus on?

I don't think you're going to win people over on the twin flame thing and that doesn't seem to be helping you. I'm not dismissing the points others are saying and I think they're good to bring them up and it's good for us all to express our thoughts and perspectives.

But it seems like you are no longer engaging with her, right? You have understood the boundaries set up. So at this point when you're talking about her, you are not talking about your plans to win her over or contact her- you are mainly communicating the thoughts that are going on in your head.

I'm not sure if people are understanding that. It's not inherently wrong to be having these thoughts. And you do have an understanding of boundaries, that when somebody asks not to be contacted again you don't, etc. If I'm not misunderstanding, it seems like that aspect is over with, you are trying to process your thoughts and emotions on what has already happened?
Yes, you get it. Thanks.