Anxiety Attacks | INFJ Forum

Anxiety Attacks

Capt Charisma

Community Member
Nov 12, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
I had another Attack today, had them for hell... five years. Now i read somewhere where origin escapes me. That INFJ's have a tendancy to inflict internal damage to themselves is response to emotional pain. So does anyone else here ever experienced any? Does it affects INFJ's in particular or is it widespread~ i personally think it is widespread but i live in a very small community. AND is this self inflicted internal Physical pain translate into these attacks or is this something else entirely. Oh yes FIRST THREAD!

Reactions: the and invisible
You're not alone, I have anxiety attacks all the time.

I usually try to keep my cool in public, but inside I feel overwhelmed and scared.
I can feel my inside world cracking and my muscles becoming cold and stiff. I want to escape when I have them, just to run away as far as I can. But I know in reality I won't let myself, sometimes I can't. Its all just a bad dream, I wish it was, but I know better than that. The darkness that comes over me is like a pyschological tsunami, I have trouble breathing as I feel my lungs tightening up. I can see the world moving past me as if nothing were happening. They can't see the turmoil within, why should they?

That's pretty much the best way I can describe my own attacks. Anxiety attacks occur over the MBTI board, more likely so with 'IXF' and 'INT' types.
There are medications out there available for people with anxiety problems, if its becoming a daily or weekly occurrence then you definitely want to go see your doctor about it.

How I generally deal with anxiety is by listening to music, in public I carry my MP3 player and noise cancellation earbuds. I stop focusing on myself and the people around me and focus on the music, its a good distraction. Everyone has something that works for them, but music is my suggestion.

That INFJ's have a tendancy to inflict internal damage to themselves is response to emotional pain. So does anyone else here ever experienced any?

Yes, not nice feeling:)
I think you figure out main problem.
What helped me?
Prayer
Switching off Ni and Fe, using Ti.
Music
Healthy food and enough sleep
Excersize
Tought that there are no many things that deserv my anxiety

Good luck!

Meh...I get this but only in extreme times, I had a really bad 'attack' when I was catching 3 trains alone 1 time to go somewhere. I had to sit down for a long times and could not control my breathing and felt really sick and could hardly move...And this was about 5 minutes before getting on the train. T_T

I was almost being forced by my parents to just do it, which helped me a lot. Otherwise I would have backed away without a second thought.

My way of overcoming anxiety is just thinking to myself how much it isn't helping me, and being calm is the way to be. It tends to help. ^_^

I had another Attack today, had them for hell... five years. Now i read somewhere where origin escapes me. That INFJ's have a tendancy to inflict internal damage to themselves is response to emotional pain. So does anyone else here ever experienced any? Does it affects INFJ's in particular or is it widespread~ i personally think it is widespread but i live in a very small community. AND is this self inflicted internal Physical pain translate into these attacks or is this something else entirely. Oh yes FIRST THREAD!

I had a spell of anxiety attacks and I still feel them at the outer rims of my psyche. I made a thread about it on this site, you could search for it, there was a lot of good info on there. Mine started happening on the edge of a bad LSD trip, I think I went into a bad trip but as I do, I sucked all those negative feelings of terror and paranoia in, in order to survive the situation and a month or so later completely fell apart emotionally.

I have had anxiety/panic attacks for the last 13 years. Anxiety attacks are very widespread. Some people experience them chronically, others will only have one or two (or none) in their life time. Anxiety is a neurosis that often walks hand in hand with depression. Sometimes there is a specific trigger, other times they can be the result of mounting inner conflict that comes to the surface all at once.

Anxiety attacks are just your fight or flight response kicking in even when there is no immediate danger in front of you.

Mine used to come on from a fear of throwing up in public or getting sick and not being able to privately deal with the issue. I had an incident with this when I was younger and that is what started it off. Now if I go through lengthy periods of stress, feeling anger or any negative emotion really my anxiety will start to mount and eventually I will have a panic attack which releases all of that and then leaves me exhausted for days.

Exercise and a good diet make a HUGE difference and I find that when I am eating right and taking care of myself that anxiety doesn't even cross my mind.

omg.. i have them too.. they are so not cool.. they really suck.. it happens when there is a lot of tension and i am surrounded by alot of people that are giving off vibes that cause the tension to accelerate.. its awful..

I have suffered from anxiety attacks since I was about 14. I never had more than one or two a year until a few months back when I started getting two and three a week. These come with extreme fear, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, and vomiting. They can also trigger my migraines. I have yet to figure out what my trigger is and until I find it and deal with it I will find very little relief. All I know is they come in waves and the only way to get rid of them is breathe and wait them out, preferably alone.

Fortunately I have never thrown up during one of my panic attacks but I always come close and that is the main fear in mine. All I want is to be in the comfort of my own home until they pass. But generally they are always over within 15-20 minutes.

Fortunately I have never thrown up during one of my panic attacks but I always come close and that is the main fear in mine. All I want is to be in the comfort of my own home until they pass. But generally they are always over within 15-20 minutes.

Mine are usually closer to an hour. It has recently been pointed out to me that mine might actually be due to a hormonal imbalance. Sadly, I have no health insurance so I can't exactly afford to have that verified.

I have suffered from anxiety attacks since I was about 14. I never had more than one or two a year until a few months back when I started getting two and three a week. These come with extreme fear, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, and vomiting. They can also trigger my migraines. I have yet to figure out what my trigger is and until I find it and deal with it I will find very little relief. All I know is they come in waves and the only way to get rid of them is breathe and wait them out, preferably alone.

I started getting this out of no where last Summer and every once in a while one strikes again still. Same thing happens to me, the nausea, extreme fear and dizziness. I haven't vomited but once from it, but I can usually control my nausea. Laying down and breathing deeply and waiting them out is all that has ever worked for me too.

I was really scared the first couple times this happened to me because I'd never experienced anything like it before. I thought something was seriously wrong with me. Nyeh...

Mine are usually closer to an hour. It has recently been pointed out to me that mine might actually be due to a hormonal imbalance. Sadly, I have no health insurance so I can't exactly afford to have that verified.

It's too bad you don't have health insurance to get that looked into. It could be a hormonal imbalance. In the mean time I hope you can find ways to cope. There are a lot of over the counter herbal remedies that really help take the edge off that you might want to look into. Then again I know a lot of medicines are very different down in the US compared to Canada.

It's too bad you don't have health insurance to get that looked into. It could be a hormonal imbalance. In the mean time I hope you can find ways to cope. There are a lot of over the counter herbal remedies that really help take the edge off that you might want to look into. Then again I know a lot of medicines are very different down in the US compared to Canada.

I tried one that was supposed to help with my anxiety and help me sleep. Instead it made my nightmares worse and while I was awake I felt as if I lived in a fish bowl. It was an odd feeling, and not the kind of odd I enjoy.

I tried one that was supposed to help with my anxiety and help me sleep. Instead it made my nightmares worse and while I was awake I felt as if I lived in a fish bowl. It was an odd feeling, and not the kind of odd I enjoy.

haha yeah I don't think I'd like that much either. I don't take anything for mine. I just take my vitamins and try not to eat a lot of sugar, because sugar brings them on in full force if I have too much.

haha yeah I don't think I'd like that much either. I don't take anything for mine. I just take my vitamins and try not to eat a lot of sugar, because sugar brings them on in full force if I have too much.

And yes, I cut down the coffee. U don't drink it in afternoon anymore...too much coffee makes my miind too nervous.

I get them once a week or so. Some are far worse then others. I have gotten so used to them that they are now more or less standard business as usual to me. I usually keep them to myself and just continue to function. When they are really bad though people will notice in me. I don't really know persay how to deal with them, the best thing I try to do is distract myself. I know you aren't supposed to fight them, but I often try to and sometimes that works.

[MENTION=1069]Jana[/MENTION]: yes, coffee is not good at all for anxiety. During times of stress I will not drink it at all. I will also abstain from sugar or anything that could spike me basically. But when I am in a very calm and happy state of mind I like to enjoy a cup of coffee and find it does not trigger the anxiety what so ever.

[MENTION=387]IndigoSensor[/MENTION] that's right, you aren't supposed to find them. Anxiety attacks tend to be over much faster the second you stop resisting them and you allow yourself to ride the panic wave.

I find for me the second I start feeling anxiety symptoms I stop fighting it and I tell myself that I will just allow the feelings to come and go. The second I accept it, the panic dissolves almost immediately. Though I will say there are times when my brain just will NOT allow me to let go and it perpetuates the panic, and often times that leads to several hours of being VERY on edge and uncomfortable. That's when I start to experience them more frequently.

I try to repeat myself that it is just my minds playing tricks with me, nothing real...
To sandra_b: yes, cup of coffee in morning when I can smell it and doing nothing before I start can even prevent anxiety...

I get panic attacks for the weirdest things. Usually it's all course related. I have a really tough time mid-semester, when it comes to logging in for my courses, and it's worse when I'm under a lot of pressure. I can't physically make myself log in. And it's the biggest pain in the world. :( Other than when I'm in classes I may have a few panic attacks in other areas. I guess you can say I have dating panic attacks, those few and far between times I get 'em. :D

I've had anxiety attacks quite often to the point where I'm actually having a hard time finishing college at 27 years old. Of course, I also have Asperger's Syndrome and I might also have PTSD, so I'm not quite sure.