[PUG] - All white people are racist and must confront their racism | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] All white people are racist and must confront their racism

God sees no colors only his children.... I see people as God does. Love is love and hate is hate. Why hate when you can love?​

The wrong reason is the premise that white people are somehow obligated based on the fact they are white, and if they don't do something they are a "passive racist".

This reasoning is also akin to saying that if you don't fight for women's rights you're a passive misogynist or that if you don't donate to charity you're passively causing people to starve to death or if you don't support gay rights you're passively a homophobe... list goes on.

The premise itself would be frowned upon if it were applied elsewhere because it is a faulty premise to begin with.

I dig where you coming from...

however, why approach it from a white person/black person angle? what if I saw you in the streets tomorrow? would you feel obligated to me? I'd probably not say much but I'd smile at you anyway. Can we start there?

I feel very fucking weird saying this, and almost like an Uncle Tom/Aunt Jemima, but no one holds you independently responsible. All that's asked is; it is acknowledged this shit in the USA happened, and go on from there..

this is where the healing begins.

however, why approach it from a white person/black person angle? what if I saw you in the streets tomorrow? would you feel obligated to me? I'd probably not say much but I'd smile at you anyway. Can we start there?

I feel very fucking weird saying this, and almost like an Uncle Tom/Aunt Jemima, but no one holds you independently responsible. All that's asked is; it is acknowledged this shit in the USA happened, and go on from there..

I thought lone wolf was Puerto Rican?

Racism doesn't have to be institutionalized to be racism. It's just a retarded thing to say.

well okay

nothing's concrete in life.

rac·ism noun \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-\ : poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race

: the belief that some races of people are better than others

Full Definition of RACISM
1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2: racial prejudice or discrimination

Bigot : a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group

So yes the fact that I was jumped for being white and no other reason was still racism it was also bigotry though. Bigotry does not incur that it is racism automatically. Racism incurs bigotry automatically though.

All this shit is stupid. Racists exist in every race so stop denying it. Just because I was born white doesn't make me a racist automatically. My best friend for the last 15 years who is considered my brother by me and me by him is black, I have many family and friends of different racial and ethnic backgrounds. If you accuse me of being a fucking passive racist your are a fucking moron. I don't believe anyone is entitled to special treatment based on race and for that matter even though my family was dominantly white they were Scottish and Irish and got treated just as bad if not worse than many of the black slaves when they came to America. Getting paid 1 potato, a slice of meat, and a roll of bread a day to work 18 hours on a railroad and having to feed a family of seven doesn't work out so well. I am in no way down playing what the black slaves went through, yet a lot of them were actually treated pretty decently by their owners compared to the Irish, Scottish, and Asian workers on the railroads who literally got worked to death for next to nothing.

God sees no colors only his children.... I see people as God does. Love is love and hate is hate. Why hate when you can love?​

Gods not racist, hes colorblind! Doesn't the refusal to see color just perpetuate racism?

what does this mean?
I took your post as infering that lone wolf is taking things from a white/black perspective , buts he isn't either one. If that's not what you meant than just ignore my comment.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Look at the title of the thread though and the original post. It's all about separating out white people, and in no uncertain terms implies that white people are so culpable that even by inaction they're passive racists.

I believe anyone can fight to heal the wrongs of the past regardless of their color and that nobody should be born into the responsibility. Just like a person didn't ask to be born into slavery people of today didn't ask to be born the ancestors of slavers.

It shouldn't be "Well you were born white so you gotta make up for the past." That'd be like saying that German or Japanese citizens are responsible for past war crimes.

Encourage healing - yes. Place blame and imply inherent culpability - no. But the OP does say to not be silently complicit, OP says to speak out and talk about it. That is EXACTLY what I am doing. I will not be silently complicit about this so the OP has their wish whether they like it or not.

I took your post as infering that lone wolf is taking things from a white/black perspective , buts he isn't either one. If that's not what you meant than just ignore my comment.

I won't ignore you because it's rude.

We can talk. Either one doesn't mean he isn't both or several, as we all are.

I'm not here to fight.

Gods not racist, hes colorblind! Doesn't the refusal to see color just perpetuate racism?

What perpetuates racism is that people perpetuate it on others. If people stopped then it would go away. I am white. White as hell. I grew up in a mostly white town. I made friends with the other kids who were not the same shade as I was. A white child is no more racist than any other. The behavior has to be taught and used. It becomes you. If you act like God does then you do not have to make a decision about color it's just about the person. And that is really all it should be about. Ignorance is the problem.

Reactions: WellNoWonder
I grew up in a town where whites demonstrated bigotry toward other whites. The Italian families looked down upon the Irish and Polish families in town. In response to some jokes people were making about my grandfather's own ethnicity he said, "I've got a joke for ya. What black and blue and red all over?"

"What's that Louis?" shouted someone sitting at the bar.

"The next son of a bitch that tells a Polack joke,"he finished.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Look at the title of the thread though and the original post. It's all about separating out white people, and in no uncertain terms implies that white people are so culpable that even by inaction they're passive racists.

I believe anyone can fight to heal the wrongs of the past regardless of their color and that nobody should be born into the responsibility. Just like a person didn't ask to be born into slavery people of today didn't ask to be born the ancestors of slavers.

It shouldn't be "Well you were born white so you gotta make up for the past." That'd be like saying that German or Japanese citizens are responsible for past war crimes.

Encourage healing - yes. Place blame and imply inherent culpability - no. But the OP does say to not be silently complicit, OP says to speak out and talk about it. That is EXACTLY what I am doing. I will not be silently complicit about this so the OP has their wish whether they like it or not.

slant is white.

She cool with me. She's far beyond her years. I wish i was like her at that age.

why do you care about the blame??

don't care about it. stop caring about the blame. do the right thing. just do it.

Reactions: 54192&#cmy
slant is white.

She cool with me. She's far beyond her years. I wish i was like her at that age.

why do you care about the blame??

don't care about it. stop caring about the blame. do the right thing. just do it.

I care because I find it bigoted and unacceptable. Saying something against it is the right thing in my opinion because I do not play favorites. I don't think it's ok to say that sort of thing about ANYBODY.

Calling out a person because of their color is the problem. Does it matter the hue or shade of a person. If it does you might need to look into that. If you have to use their color as a description of who they are you have a problem. If you have to say what country they are from or even what part of town you got issues you need to look at. Color does not matter you do. Always have always will. I am gonna laugh when they prove that the father of the human race is not white. Boy will a lot of people be surprised and feel pretty stupid....​

I care because I find it bigoted and unacceptable. Saying something against it is the right thing in my opinion because I do not play favorites. I don't think it's ok to say that sort of thing about ANYBODY.

it ain't right but everyone's not you, cuz most people dont give a fuck.

and I agree, it's not okay. so what's next?

It's forgiveness. People need to forgive. I once had a girl apologize to me for spreading horrible rumors about me. She said some pretty fucked up shit. That got my ass kicked numerous times. This went on for years. I ran into her at a party in a whole nother town like 60 miles away. And she saw me and came and talked to me. And asked me to forgive her for all of it. I did. We ended up being friends afterwards and we hung out quite a bit after that. I realize now that by me forgiving her it let her become the person she should be again and it also allowed me to do the same. So as far as I can tell we all gotta forgive and learn a new way to interact with one another. That way we are all good all the time.....

I am sure it's impossible by why not dream the impossible dream???

it ain't right but everyone's not you, cuz most people dont give a fuck.

and I agree, it's not okay. so what's next?

Here? Nothing. I'm done and should have been done a long time ago.

But in general? A lot of people don't give a fuck. You're right! And you can't force them to either.

What I believe in is authenticity! People don't need to do this shit because they want to be hip, or be liberal, and especially not because they've been guilted into it.

How do we work together? Take what volunteers you can get and forget the rest, that's how. If we could get everyone to work together just by mere suggestion then there wouldn't have been any problem in the first place. However treating 'whites' as some big family that even has a chance of working together is just a big mistake in my opinion. In the end you need to do what you need to do with OR WITHOUT everybody else.