[PUG] - All white people are racist and must confront their racism | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] All white people are racist and must confront their racism

[MENTION=528]slant[/MENTION]

What are you doing for yourself to stop being that way? Accountability only goes so far.

You ask what people can do to work together but that matters not if individually people do not change. It starts with you.

[MENTION=528]slant[/MENTION]

That's fine; luckily, I have a great memory. It was in August 2013, which is several months after your creation of this thread, and at the very least, the members Horatio, sentientsixpence, and Endersgone were there to bear witness to it. Earlier on in the conversation you were talking about your college classes, and about how your prof asked students to put their hands up if they liked America, and how you did not put your hand up because you were not proud to be an American.

And it's okay. Since I'm half white, according to the rulez of institutionalized racism, it was at most technically only half an act of racism (or something)! And since white people do it all the time, I'm sure I'm racist half of all the time too.

I just want to quote this and say that, while I don't remember this incident because I have a notoriously bad memory, the fact that I did this is completely unacceptable, and an example of my white supremacy, colonialism tendencies. I can't even tell you what I must have been thinking when I said that, but what I will say now is I'm taking 100% responsibility for it and it was wrong, and I understand that the damage has been done and acknowledging it/apologizing for it isn't going to necessarily fix anything. But I think it's important to be accountable for. I'm wondering what time period this was? Obviously, you don't need to answer, but I have only recently been educating myself about these matters for the past year or so, and it would alarm me even more if I had said this recently, and didn't remember :/

Reactions: sprinkles
1911855_472877249506817_810323059_n.jpg

"All white people are racists" ...

... isn't that racists all by itself?