All Intuitives are Mentally Ill. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

All Intuitives are Mentally Ill.

The world machine at large relys on sensate people too function.
SJ and SP make the world go round, as they are the action oriented doers.
NT is the crazy scientist, and likely to have ASD
NF is the artist and poet who has a mood disorder.
Discuss!
:)

haha i know a lot of sensors who would think so...
but without intuitives the world would function the same as it always has (SJ influence) and miss the broader context and future implications of past actions (lack of Ne+Ni) plus i think society is just better with a mix of people. things tend to stagnate into complete inertia when there's only one type. (or conversely, become so chaotic as to be unsustainable.) a balance is a good idea~

I don't think that mental illness is contingent upon cognitive preferences. The only correlation I've noticed between personality style and mental illness is that maladaptive patterns usually are present when an individual is too polarized in their personality preferences. I'm sure there are other factors to take into account with each individual who is "mentally ill" but I don't think intuition necessarily correlates with mental illness. What you're referring to (op) is more of a widely held misconception by individuals who don't grasp intuition very well, and unfortunately that seems to be the majority of most populations.

[MENTION=731]the[/MENTION]
Looks like some people want desperately to believe something is wrong about them...they feel good in that...they get use to that, and that's it. When you state the opposite, to help them, they'll give you a thumb down (on the internet, in real life...). But maybe "is irrelevant to what they think", right?
Now I'm left wondering what in the world brought this on...

@the
Looks like some people want desperately to believe something is wrong about them...they feel good in that...they get use to that, and that's it. When you state the opposite, to help them, they'll give you a thumb down (on the internet, in real life...). But maybe "is irrelevant to what they think", right?
Now I'm left wondering what in the world brought this on...

This doesn't make much sense. Please rephrase.

It helps us to fit in.

This doesn't make much sense. Please rephrase.
You know it makes a lot of sense, so I won't rephrase...

Reactions: barbad0s
You know it makes a lot of sense, so I won't rephrase...
oh did you want to have a pissing contest? Lets skip to the end and say you've won, I can see it means a lot to you.

Discuss!

Mental illness is the inability to connect the mind, heart and spirit into a unified force. Everyone is subject to it regardless of type. If anything, life experience has stronger impact on person's mental functioning and how it gets shaped than type. Only including intuitive types as mentally ill is gross over generalization.

oh did you want to have a pissing contest? Lets skip to the end and say you've won, I can see it means a lot to you.
No, really I don't want a "pissing contest". Sorry if you got it like that.

What I wanted to say is that some people grow up having a inferiority complex ( whatever that one would be), and they get so used and clingy with that, that it becomes a part of themselfs.

When you try to tell them the truth, which is that there is nothing wrong with them, they'll act like you steal something from them, because they had become attached to that inferiority complex. And they'll even hate you, because they are comfortable with their own shit, and if you try to help them, they become really agressive.

This really sad phenomen explain a lot of other things, like for example why abused children feel god when they are beaten, and many other example.
The most important thing is that these people need to understand that there is nothing wrong with them. They have been lied, manipulated into believing something, which by themselfs only, would not believe for ever.

But its ok, I learned to accept these people as a fact of life. Some do understand, some of them not. Your signature describe pretty well this situation:
Its difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Hope you understand now what I'm trying to say. Cheers.

No, really I don't want a "pissing contest". Sorry if you got it like that.

What I wanted to say is that some people grow up having a inferiority complex ( whatever that one would be), and they get so used and clingy with that, that it becomes a part of themselfs.

When you try to tell them the truth, which is that there is nothing wrong with them, they'll act like you steal something from them, because they had become attached to that inferiority complex. And they'll even hate you, because they are comfortable with their own shit, and if you try to help them, they become really agressive.

This really sad phenomen explain a lot of other things, like for example why abused children feel god when they are beaten, and many other example.
The most important thing is that these people need to understand that there is nothing wrong with them. They have been lied, manipulated into believing something, which by themselfs only, would not believe for ever.

But its ok, I learned to accept these people as a fact of life. Some do understand, some of them not. Your signature describe pretty well this situation:
Its difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Hope you understand now what I'm trying to say. Cheers.

I guess what I dont understand is how this relates to my post, and why was I tagged?

Last edited:
Discuss!

All types make the world go round, duh! Nearly all NT's are not crazy or scientists and majority don't have ASD. There are plenty of NF's who are neither an artist or poet and most don't have mood disorders. Normally I would be tempted to really dig into your for such obtuse statements. I will refrain from doing so based on my observation that you are not in a clear state of mind. It is obvious due to reading other posts of yours that you are going through rough times in life. I hope you find inner peace soon.

All types make the world go round, duh! Nearly all NT's are not crazy or scientists and majority don't have ASD. There are plenty of NF's who are neither an artist or poet and most don't have mood disorders. Normally I would be tempted to really dig into your for such obtuse statements. I will refrain from doing so based on my observation that you are not in a clear state of mind. It is obvious due to reading other posts of yours that you are going through rough times in life. I hope you find inner peace soon.

Thank you. I am going through the mill at the moment, I am living with my mum who has Parkinson's disease as her primary carer, and I have lost my soul mate, who I would have died for. He was the weak willed guy I talk about on other threads who let his family bully me.
Trying to keep on top of it all now and not crawl away and hibernate. The flooding where I live is getting me down too, I have had water dripping though my wall all week.

I'm wayyy too social to have asd.

No, they are not. No type is inheriently good, bad, ill, or healthy.

The definitions of intuitives are so general that you couldn't possibly fit the breadth of it into a mental disorder. It would even come close to fitting into something in the DSM-V anyway.

Thank you. I am going through the mill at the moment, I am living with my mum who has Parkinson's disease as her primary carer, and I have lost my soul mate, who I would have died for. He was the weak willed guy I talk about on other threads who let his family bully me.
Trying to keep on top of it all now and not crawl away and hibernate. The flooding where I live is getting me down too, I have had water dripping though my wall all week.

Well the good news is that whether or not you are willing to believe it at this moment. There are approximately 3-4 billion potential soul mates for you on this planet. So with that said take some time to grieve properly and heal and then get back out there and find someone else. It may seem impossible right now, just realize that you can't control others actions and you can't blame yourself for their decisions. Life will get better, positive thoughts become positive reality.

Well the good news is that whether or not you are willing to believe it at this moment. There are approximately 3-4 billion potential soul mates for you on this planet. So with that said take some time to grieve properly and heal and then get back out there and find someone else. It may seem impossible right now, just realize that you can't control others actions and you can't blame yourself for their decisions. Life will get better, positive thoughts become positive reality.

4 billion potential soul mates? Absolutely no way. I am only looking for someone in my own area, not an internet thing, and I really want another INFJ because I am dying to have that deep connection psychic thing again. I really couldn't even consider an SP or SJ as any kind of relationship at all, and decidedly not as a soul mate.

I really couldn't even consider an SP or SJ as any kind of relationship at all, and decidedly not as a soul mate.

Can I ask why? What (based on your knowledge) about these groupings put you off and make you feel that they can't be a match with you?

yk0liSJ.jpg

Quintessential INFJ.

Can I ask why? What (based on your knowledge) about these groupings put you off and make you feel that they can't be a match with you?

I can only connect in a very superficial manner with s types, I never get the deep spiritual connection I can with n types. I can pretty much tell when I'm talking to someone whether I can go deeper with them. I can only ever talk about current affairs and pop culture etc with s types, or sports which bore me. NF types can connect on a psychic level, which is the relationship I really miss. At best, with an NF I don't even need to talk, the connection is non verbal.

I can only connect in a very superficial manner with s types, I never get the deep spiritual connection I can with n types. I can pretty much tell when I'm talking to someone whether I can go deeper with them. I can only ever talk about current affairs and pop culture etc with s types, or sports which bore me. NF types can connect on a psychic level, which is the relationship I really miss. At best, with an NF I don't even need to talk, the connection is non verbal.

This seems like a choice you make. I have a deep relationship with my brother and he is ISTJ. I'm pretty sure one of my best friends is an ISFP. So I think you may have some preconceived judgements based on bad experiences in the past.