A. J. Drenth's INFJ description | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

A. J. Drenth's INFJ description

What about others descriptions?

I go back and forth.

EDIT: Actually, with Lenore Thompson's writings, INFJ is a pretty snug fit, too. Especially the part where she describes Ni and its workings.

Last edited:
You seem to take it for granted that you are an INFJ, and you lean heavily on this assumption if you determine others' type this way, but: How sure are you about your type? Are you even fully qualified to type a person? How much do you really know about MBTI?
The test results, descriptions, research articles, and interactions tell me. Everything I do is based on conjecturing and sifting information more than on objective knowledge - not that I don't look at research information from time to time. Another proof is that my INTP hates my "logic", and I don't get along with them.

The test results, descriptions, research articles, and interactions tell me. Everything I do is based on conjecturing and sifting information more than on objective knowledge - not that I don't look at research information from time to time. Another proof is that my INTP hates my "logic", and I don't get along with them.

Funny, your Thinking function (Ti) should be the same as your friend's. People of two significantly different types tend to get along best when their relationship draws a lot on the crow's nest function (the one they have in common). You sure you're not INTJ?

Funny, your Thinking function (Ti) should be the same as your friend's. People of two significantly different types tend to get along best when their relationship draws a lot on the crow's nest function (the one they have in common). You sure you're not INTJ?
On no MBTI test have I ever tested INTJ. Neither Feeling nor Introversion has ever been in question. I have, in some instances, tested INFP and in rare cases ISFP.
The only problem is that my Ti is inferior to his. And obviously I get along with him when we don't discuss anything too seriously. My silliness and Ni annoys him to death at unexpected moments, because Ni comes out verbally when I am with him one on one. Hence the 'i' in Ni. He sees me as unimpressive for the most part, because there is no function which he seeks from me and I'm not socially popular - which he seeks to be - whereas I am supposedly impressed by his dominant Ti. Also his erratic time orientation (P) is radically different from my J preferences, despite my tendency to be somewhat flexible. He changes his scheduling randomly. He invites his friends randomly and changes location of interaction at the drop of a hat. There is absolutely no way my J sanity could be held intact.

On no MBTI test have I ever tested INTJ. Neither Feeling nor Introversion has ever been in question. I have, in some instances, tested INFP and in rare cases ISFP.
The only problem is that my Ti is inferior to his. And obviously I get along with him when we don't discuss anything too seriously. My silliness and Ni annoys him to death at unexpected moments, because Ni comes out verbally when I am with him one on one. Hence the 'i' in Ni. He sees me as unimpressive for the most part, because there is no function which he seeks from me and I'm not socially popular - which he seeks to be - whereas I am supposedly impressed by his dominant Ti. Also his erratic time orientation (P) is radically different from my J preferences, despite my tendency to be somewhat flexible. He changes his scheduling randomly. He invites his friends randomly and changes location of interaction at the drop of a hat. There is absolutely no way my J sanity could be held intact.

Lol. Reminds me of an ENTP friend of mine. And I thought I was indecisive! Ne + Perceiving = going around in circles. INTPs have a type fame for being trolls, though, you know. So, stereotypically, they are pretty funny/fun. Try the crow's nest thing next time, maybe ;)

Lol. Reminds me of an ENTP friend of mine. And I thought I was indecisive! Ne + Perceiving = going around in circles. INTPs have a type fame for being trolls, though, you know. So, stereotypically, they are pretty funny/fun. Try the crow's nest thing next time, maybe ;)
I love my ENTP friend. Known him for a really long time. Indecisive, but very delightful to be around. Can hang out for a really long time one on one = works for the hermit type.

Tried crow's nesting with the INTP. Works a bit, sticking within logic and discussing science or philosophy. Otherwise, the Ti talk gets boring. Either he moves on to another topic without really finishing the discussion or desires a whole group of people discussing whom I haven't built sufficient rapport and trust with. Very annoying, slamming incompatible people together like that.

I'm perceiving sometimes. I can tolerate a bit. I don't schedule my tasks except meeting up with J-type friends and reliable P-type friends (one INFP, and the ENTP).

I'm making a new INTP friend. Seems reliable, not too shy, respectful. Well honed sense of humor. Doesn't object to my style of humor. We'll see if it turns out bitter like the previous INTP connection. Talented. Could use a bit of interaction with me, and vice versa.

If given the opportunity, they will talk at great length on any number of subjects.
:bounce:

Unlike INFPs, INFJs don’t spend a great deal of time trying to sort out their emotions. Inwardly, they deal in the currency of Intuition (Ni) and Thinking (Ti). Hence, when INFJs find themselves in emotionally taxing circumstances, they often turn to others for support or direction.
:(

For INFJs, expressing themselves through their Fe is critical to their psychological and physical health and well-being. Even if doing so does not provide them with immediate solutions to the problem at hand, they tend to feel better once they have expressed their feelings, whether through words or tears. This is especially important for the mates or friends of INFJs to recognize.
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: subwayrider
Since their Ni is their best and most reliable compass for navigating life, when they lost track of it, INFJs will inevitably feel lost, restless, and frustrated. Hence, when making decisions, INFJs are wise to ensure they are listening primarly to their own inner voice.
YES. Thank you! Someone who understands!!!!!!

They rival and resemble INTs in their level of openness and hunger for new ideas and perspectives. In some regards, they may actually eclipse INTs with regard to intellectual openness, readily appreciating both science and literature, fiction and nonfiction, poetry and prose.

That really resonated with me.

That really resonated with me.
x2

Also these,

-Their Ni functions as a proverbial bridge between the conscious and subconscious mind. And since the subconscious is filled with primitive images, INFJs swim in a sea of vivid dreams and imagery.

-INFJs feel like tortured souls, their commentary may take on a characteristically negative tone. They may seem moody, pessimistic, discontented, or restless - common among INFJs who are no longer living in the mode of naive idealism.

- Admittedly, negotiating a treaty between their Ni and Se does not happen overnight. When INFJs first experiment with

- Admittedly, negotiating a treaty between their Ni and Se does not happen overnight. When INFJs first experiment with “living in the moment” mindset it can often feel insipid and meaningless. They may wonder if all their grand dreams and plans have been in vain and if they are being left with what amounts to an overly ordinary sort of existence. Hence, INFJs may spend years dabbling and experimenting with the idea of “living in the moment” before working out a way of living that seems to honor and incorporate both their Ni and Se.
I wonder if Se is more an addendum to Ni and living-in-the-moment is more of a periodic thing for Ni personalities.

Reactions: endersgone
Wow. Reading that gave me chills. Kinda teary-eyed atm. Prettymuch everything he described relates to me very strongly. Cool. Thanks for sharing that link!

It generally fits.

Whether it actually fits or it's created to fit those type of description is where I began to wonder.