^_^
Retired Staff
Mar 9, 2009
Gridania
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What is the most important value you have for you to live your life by?

Perseverance.

You get knocked down, you get back up again.

Although that also comes hand in hand with knowing when to quit gracefully...

Is connection a value? If so, that's mine...if not, it should be. I find so much that depends on this...it boggles my mind.

Hope - for myself, for others, for the world. Without hope I would have no motivation to get up out of bed in the morning or work towards fulfilling my goals. I can't imagine being in a hopeless state of being.

Compassion-Everybody needs it. I feel it's important to understand why people feel/act the way they do before I try to judge

My values change. With that fact and an understanding of why anyone would value anything, values are good you, bullshit for me.

Integrity.

Never sell your morals and what you believe is right and true for anything no matter what's at stake.

Oy, I have thought about this, and have come to the conclusion on the core value I run by. I must say I am not sure how I feel about it, and it sounds a lot worse then it is, but here me out.

Rightness (after searching a thesaurus for a "better" word, I found propriety).

Also known as, the need to be right, or the want for things to be right. In a nutshell, I want myself, and everything around me to be "right". That is my primary drive to do anything. I want to be right, and I further want everyone around me, and everything around me to be "right" as well. If something is "wrong" I will do everything I can to fix, mend, correct, etc. My moral codes are what tells me what is right and wrong, and very often my morals are externally derived from the world around me, mostly based off what is best for the whole, and what gives the best most common result.

The reason I am this way is I want everything and everyone around me to be as efficent and happy as possible. By making things "right", things will run smoothly and people will be happy from this. I want to better everyone and everything as much as possible. My main goal out of this to create the best environment around me possible that is for the benifit of others. Not so much myself. I really do have good intentions with this as I explained, but I have seen in myself that this can be a huge roadblock for me if I feel I am right, and am very certain that I am right. If it is not listened to I get... really stubborn, and subsequently can be mean. Thus I can then become selfish and set this propriety as my top main goal. That can then override the need for things to be as efficent and happy as possible at the cost of personally being right (most often from not being listened to multiple times).

I sort of made this value out to be a problem, and it really isn't. I am very often told (and I feel this to be true too) that I am extremely reliable and consistent with everything that I do, and the majority of the time this is not a problem at all. I am just learning this as I am "coming into my own" in respect to my core personality (as I am still developing, everytime I think I am done I make more progress, and my latest bit was in fully gaining my voice). This aspect of myself has always been here, just not put into action. Thus I am still learning how to "work with it" and it will take practice.

Reactions: Gaze
Truth. Protecting the truth.

The ultimate value, which transcends value itself, is realization. To be aware of the total context, the ultimate context. From that point, what happens isn't a concern - it's context that matters. Under the full context, all tragedies and amazements of the world simply become things that happen - and one cannot help but laugh at the whole thing in all of its movement and silliness and enjoy it all. From that context, happiness, joy, carefree-ness, and complete, unabridged freedom are all expressed because all those things previously seen as rather nasty are no longer viewed as ropes to tie anything down.

Reactions: jyrffw54
This series sums it up nearly...
[ame]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f8q3Zb_zwQ[/ame]
How does one use Embedded stuff.
Edit: Oh it does it automatically.

The ultimate value, which transcends value itself, is realization. To be aware of the total context, the ultimate context. From that point, what happens isn't a concern - it's context that matters. Under the full context, all tragedies and amazements of the world simply become things that happen - and one cannot help but laugh at the whole thing in all of its movement and silliness and enjoy it all. From that context, happiness, joy, carefree-ness, and complete, unabridged freedom are all expressed because all those things previously seen as rather nasty are no longer viewed as ropes to tie anything down.

i think it is possible that this is not a universally transcendent value but a particular personal perspective on life that may not be shared by everyone.

The unbridled mission to learn the nature of reality and what this existence is, and to connect to fellow travelers in this life to generate "meaning" and "purpose". It would be easier if it could be done alone, unfortunately some portion of me requires interaction with people and their feelings in order for me to feel like I am still "real" but outside of that I am learning that life is a lot more complex then just what we see and sense physically. Or even emotionally.

Reactions: Arsal
What is the most important value you have for you to live your life by?

Responsibility; do what's right, not just for me, but anyone and everyone who is affected by what I do

Reactions: muir
Honor
It holds the elements of truth, understanding, responsibility, rightness. integrity and many other components. It is self driven and self understood. A man/woman without honor is no man/woman. When you seek to live your life with honor, you earn the right to call yourself a man or woman of the People when you are Native. After you reach adulthood, when an elder or someone older than yourself calls you a child or boy/girl it is meant as a bit of an insult because they are telling you that you are behaving without honor. Children are not expected to understand the level of responsibility that comes with stepping forward and taking your place within the community as a man or woman.

All living things always do the best they can with the resources available to them, given their situation.

There are others that are important, but none moreso than this.

Namaste,
Ian

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnzLwuYToCQ"]YouTube - vash the stampede love and peace[/ame]

Make people laugh.