You Know You're An INFJ When.... | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

You Know You're An INFJ When....

Candice said: "when you are that used to people who don't understand you"

As infj"s, this is an important thing.

When you are surrounded by nature and the grandeur makes you want to cry.
When you can't go to sleep because you are thinking about all the people that, at that very moment, are suffering.
When you can sit by a passenger on the bus and know that something is wrong and want so much to say something but have no words to tell them you know.
When You can sit in the midst of a group and feel utterly alone.
When solitude can be your only peace.
When all you want is to be understood, but know, deep down, you never will be.
When you know you want to be someone, to do something, to help the world, to help humanity, to love them to love them all - but you have no idea what to do and where to start, and it breaks your heart.

You know your an INFJ when ...

...when the bathroom is your preferred cave of solace...

When your INTP significant other says, "I'm really, really sorry. I just didn't know you felt so strongly about this. I didn't mean to demean your feelings, really! I'm sorry that I'm so insensitive. Please, I didn't mean it!"

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Are you kidding? I'd help them leave the country.

HAHA me to i,d proby hide them or help them leave,
but i would teach them personally the ethical understanding of their actions
and show them how to truely LOVE
in order to see truth, and accept resposibility for future actions
and/or reactions.

INFJ 4w5 :)

me2!!!!!!!!!!!

Rejoice all of you!
we are not alone!
be glad that you have the perspective that you do.
and be glad that there is an INFj forum which we can initiate relations with
from here we can see that there ARE commonalities between all of us.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!

Rejoice all of you!
we are not alone!
be glad that you have the perspective that you do.
and be glad that there is an INFj forum which we can initiate relations with
from here we can see that there ARE commonalities between all of us.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmukW1sNlIk"]YouTube - Avril Lavigne - Keep Holding On[/ame]

A couple signs:

When you have moments while driving where you totally leave planet earth, even while blasting music to help you to concentrate on present reality.

When you were 7 years old and wished you were 30 and married with children with the ideal career.

When you get a vibe off of someone that they are good, evil, or neutral, without any effort.

When your papers are written in flowy/flowery poetic language.

When life is the pits, you withdraw from the world into your own imagined world, which seems much better.

Even though you are generally well-liked by your peers, you never really felt like you fit in with them.

You wish people would think about how their actions influence others around them.

Often times, you wonder what would happen if you altered just one little event in your life and how it would impact the future.

You're a systems thinker. (Yay Ni-Ti loop!)

Some people and tests mistake you for an INTJ because you're a bookworm.

Theory is so fascinating... you want to learn it all and hug knowledge!

You've had a habit of putting a crush on a pedestal.

Amen, I totally see the world from a different plane and I see it in everyone else's face. I definitely feel my soul (warrior) is stuck in a trogladite body. Hummmmmmmm...:m200:

Reactions: ScotchandBoots
When you get a vibe off of someone that they are good, evil, or neutral, without any effort.

...and get thoroughly pissed off when no one listens but the events play out according to your vibe.

Reactions: Jill Hives
when you have huge sense of guilt because you ca'tmake balance between you J and F tendencies...

A couple signs:

When you have moments while driving where you totally leave planet earth, even while blasting music to help you to concentrate on present reality.

When you were 7 years old and wished you were 30 and married with children with the ideal career.

When your papers are written in flowy/flowery poetic language.

When life is the pits, you withdraw from the world into your own imagined world, which seems much better.

Even though you are generally well-liked by your peers, you never really felt like you fit in with them.

You wish people would think about how their actions influence others around them.

Often times, you wonder what would happen if you altered just one little event in your life and how it would impact the future.

You're a systems thinker. (Yay Ni-Ti loop!)

Some people and tests mistake you for an INTJ because you're a bookworm.

Theory is so fascinating... you want to learn it all and hug knowledge!

You've had a habit of putting a crush on a pedestal.
man, you covered it. I love how you touched on other things besides "NF" sensitivity.

When someone you care about criticizes you and it cuts you so deep you get way more offended about it than you should.

...you're afraid your love will destroy the universe.

Maybe that's what caused the Big Bang!

People always comment on how kind you are, and you feel like a total fraud.

And you have to practice accepting praise without being self-deprecating or changing the subject.

You hit the nail right on the head.

----------------------------------------
It's great to be on the forum by the way ;)

Despite seemingly being well liked by everyone, you never feel wholly included into the group, but rather feel you are looking in from a distance.

+1. You stole the words right from my mouth! also,

when all you really want is for everyone to just love each other, despite how cheesy it sounds.

when you over analyze everything, and when you realize you're over analyzing, you start analyzing why you do that.

when you read posts on this forum all day, think of some answers in your head but find it painstaking work to reply to any... and when you do it's like that's not really what I want to say but try to post something so you feel in some small way that you've managed to say something...

Last edited:
When you go to a party, sit in a corner talking to one or two people the entire time and still come home exhausted.