You Know You're An INFJ When.... | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

You Know You're An INFJ When....

when you read posts on this forum all day, think of some answers in your head but find it painstaking work to write reply to any... and when you do it's like that's not really what I want to say but try to post something so you feel in some small way that you've managed to say something...

Yeah, I can totally agree with that...

when you feel you have no defenses against anything or anyone but you know you're the strongest person in the room

Its infuriating! Of course, after removing myself from the situation I think of ALL SORTS OF THINGS I could have said. Brain fart.

-Anna

(INTJs probably feel like this, too) When you're sitting in a room full of women loudly voicing their opinion about the ins & outs of a mutual (guy) friend's relationship, trying to one up each other with how much the friend has confided in them about what's going on, and you only smile & nod, not feeling the need to interject that you have been entrusted with inside information, asked for advice, and been thanked after said advice repaired the relationship. *sigh* Dumb brawds... so clueless... :m027:

Reactions: Elevate89
When your boss, manager, congressman, senator, etc. etc. etc. all "got it wrong" and you can come up with a better model for society in your sleep without even breaking a sweat... and you know damn well it will work!

(INTJs probably feel like this, too) When you're sitting in a room full of women loudly voicing their opinion about the ins & outs of a mutual (guy) friend's relationship, trying to one up each other with how much the friend has confided in them about what's going on, and you only smile & nod, not feeling the need to interject that you have been entrusted with inside information, asked for advice, and been thanked after said advice repaired the relationship. *sigh* Dumb brawds... so clueless... :m027:
ROFL this is SOOO me!

Reactions: grt$5vb
You are both logical and empathetic towards people.

Reactions: ScotchandBoots
You know you are an INFJ when you have a headache but you still won't ask your friends to turn down the radio because you want them to enjoy themselves more than you care that you are in pain.

edit - This might have more to do with my own assertiveness issues than INFJness. But it seems likely other INFJs have suffered discomfort in the interest of pleasing other people.

No. I went with my boyfriend out to a loud bar and volunteered to drive so he could have a few with his friends on his birthday while I had a splitting headache that was so bad I actually covertly vomited in the ladies room.. and then went back out to the table as if nothing happened. I did a good job hiding it because no one seemed to have noticed. If they did, I would have felt guilty because it was my bf's birthday and I didn't want my stupid migraine to ruin it.

Last edited:
Горе от ума. Unhappiness from being overly-intelligent for your own good? Just like what Dostoevsky said... By intelligence not purely an IQ result but also the emotional intelligence and other kinds as well. It's kind of hard to translate from Russian the word "ум" as it implies mind, intelligence, smartness, ability to think. "Горе" means distress, unhappiness and sometimes despair. Thus горе от (means "from") ума.

Горе от ума. Unhappiness from being overly-intelligent for your own good? Just like what Dostoevsky said... By intelligence not purely an IQ result but also the emotional intelligence and other kinds as well. It's kind of hard to translate from Russian the word "ум" as it implies mind, intelligence, smartness, ability to think. "Горе" means distress, unhappiness and sometimes despair. Thus горе от (means "from") ума.

I don't think many people here can read Cyrillic.
If you write it like 'gore ot uma' then it will be easier for them ....

when you feel like no one understands you, and they pass that off as "just a phase"

Its infuriating! Of course, after removing myself from the situation I think of ALL SORTS OF THINGS I could have said. Brain fart.

-Anna

How did you know? That has to be the most frustrating thing in the world for me...

When you analyse every minor thing.

When you enter another person's house or office space and you automatically start scanning the room, looking at every square inch of space. I also spend a lot of time staring at photos. Some find it creepy, lol.

-Anna

I know I am an INFJ because....

When I need to remember why I am not fitting in I grab my
copy of my favorite "me" book
Party of One , The Loners' Manifesto by anneli rufus

thank god for her. She even tells me in great stories what cultures I
don't need to bother moving to because culturally I am poison!
Such as Africa and Japan.
I love being INFJ just nobody else loves that part of me...:mhula:

When you take for granted that people would be innately interested in learning about the world around them, and think that the little nuances of how life works is fascinating, but most people don't get it because they don't see a practical every-day application to what they are learning.

no one understands anyone anyways
thats not an infj thing