You Know You're An INFJ When.... | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

You Know You're An INFJ When....

Why??? Are you worried about what it might do to them? or you? or?

It's probably just me, but I have a sort of complex that comes with the "Introvert" thing. I feel like completly opening myself up would end with them rejecting me is some way. And when I don't tell them things that I'm not comfortable with telling them they get mad and things just end up getting away from me, leaving me feeling worse than before.

I see. That's very sad. I hope you're able to overcome it one day.

- When you "just know" someone's argument doesn't make sense but you can't put your finger on why and you have to let it simmer for a while before you can build your own argument.

This happens all of the time with my sister and I.

We could be arguing about the sky being blue or not and if she decides that the sky's purple, I really DO try to say what's in my brain, but I just can't get the words out right or with the right tone.

So yeah, like you said, I have to take a time out to properly think of my argument. It's the same with presentations, I always have to practice and memorize my points or I'll totally draw a blank and start blabbing and repeating myself.

You know you're an INFJ when...(from my experience)

-- everything may seem disorganized to everyone else around you BUT EVERYTHING is in its proper place!

--have an uncanny ability to find things that others have lost

--ponder your existence and what your purpose is in life, among other philosophical musings.

--People watch? Does anyone else just sit somewhere and watch people interact?

--Generally feel awkward when in a social setting

--When people come up to you and ask if you're "feeling sad?" or if "you're angry?" and you have to explain to them "no that's just what my face looks like when I'm thinking".

... when somebody wants something from me I don't want to do/deliver: I explain to myself all the reasons why this person wants something from me (in his/her perspective) and then I have a clear conscience not to deliver...

... when you brood over the question if you should write down or not that you think that few posts in this thread say something which is Ni-Fe-specific, 'cause you know that many will probably not like such a statement or be hurt by it and think you're arrogant - and then still write it down.

Last edited:
--When people come up to you and ask if you're "feeling sad?" or if "you're angry?" and you have to explain to them "no that's just what my face looks like when I'm thinking".

[MENTION=3196]SammyWiches[/MENTION]

hahaha! +1

When you are talking to someone and they interrupt you to ask "What are you thinking?" I've scared a few people because they don't know what to do. It just happens, I don't mean to, promise!

-Anna

When you vehemently disagree with someone, and they remind you "well, I have the right to my opinion" and you think "dammit!! He's right!!"
When you read all the answers in this thread and laugh outloud thinking "Ouch! That's me!"

BTW, I actually did turn my son in to the police when he stole $600 from my purse to buy an X-Box, but the officer talked me out of it, agreeing to scare the pants off my son so that he would never steal again. :D

You know you are an INFJ when it takes you the longest (consistently) to order food because you cannot decide on something in the menu.

(Indecisive weirdos)

^Not really, that's more a matter of experience and there are other types that take longer.

---

... when you have trouble deciding between going with your intuition and thinking it through.
... when you pick 'intuition' and wish you had thought it through because something really obvious tripped you up.
... when you pick 'think it through' the next time and miss your chance.
... when you rely on other people's intuitions as much as your own - but only if you trust them.
... when people regularly ask you for advice about dealing with people you've never met.
... when everything everyone does is stupid, but it's cute so you like them anyway.
... when someone hurts themselves and while you may not be first on the scene, you're the one who nurses their brain after.
... when you mesh well with NT types but you wish they were a little more considerate.
... when you feel everything someone else is feeling and after a while you wish they would stop telling you about their ailments because it hurts!
... when you'd rather give no gift at all than a meaningless one. But when you think of a meaningful gift, it doesn't matter what the occasion is...
... when you don't 'chameleon' so much as 'complement'.
... when you always have a perfect, concise way of putting things...eventually. And in the meantime you're searching for it but it's tough...
... when you are interested in gossip because it's things people think that they wouldn't normally say, but you can't stand the backstabbing aspect.
... when every criticism you dish out is softened somehow - balanced with a compliment.

I probs have more. I've been saving these up for weeks.

Last edited:
Are you kidding? I'd help them leave the country.

I am holding my sides laughing! How about an unpopulated island where we can drop them off?
Ooops, guess it wouldn't be unpopulated after that.

... when you are writing in forums! And taking it seriously! As a real communication!

I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't take it seriously!

A couple signs:

When you have moments while driving where you totally leave planet earth, even while blasting music to help you to concentrate on present reality.

When you were 7 years old and wished you were 30 and married with children with the ideal career.

When you get a vibe off of someone that they are good, evil, or neutral, without any effort.

When your papers are written in flowy/flowery poetic language.

When life is the pits, you withdraw from the world into your own imagined world, which seems much better.

Even though you are generally well-liked by your peers, you never really felt like you fit in with them.

You wish people would think about how their actions influence others around them.

Often times, you wonder what would happen if you altered just one little event in your life and how it would impact the future.

You're a systems thinker. (Yay Ni-Ti loop!)

Some people and tests mistake you for an INTJ because you're a bookworm.

Theory is so fascinating... you want to learn it all and hug knowledge!

You've had a habit of putting a crush on a pedestal.[/QUOTE
]Exactly!

^lol

Related: When people always assume you're stoned/a stoner, even though you've never been high and hardly ever drink.

Is that our contemplative, other-worldliness? I remember a cop asking me if I was "under the influence" several years ago. The real problem was that I had run out of my allergy medicine, had slept very poorly, and had a pounding headache. I hate it when people make such worst- case assumptions! I never as much as tried marijuana, and I only have a glass of wine or two every now and then.

You already know the outcome to a situation while everyone else is still trying to figure out what the situation is.

The only other person who also figures out the outcome quickly becomes your new best friend.

You want the management position at work, not for the power, but to actually be more useful and helpful than you currently are... and you really, really do mean that.

You can compliment other people a dozen different ways, but always hesitate to compliment yourself for the risk of sounding arrogant.

Anybody can be "feeling in emotional". Empathy and type are not related.

I could understand the bias against thinking types, but against sensing?

And STPs and STJs are two completely different things (just like NFP and NFJ), while NTPs and STPs along with STJs and NTJs are much more similar.

Drop the dumb stereotypes and prejudices.

As I stated in the "What Do You think of SJ's" thread, I have a long-time friend who is an ISTJ and I have nothing bad to say about him. He is intelligent,nice-looking,. well-mannered, and has a great sense of humor. He is good company. He gives objective counsel to others. I like and respect him.
@ Majesty, he's French Canadian descent and speaks that language as well as English.

You know you're an INFJ when you have a pregnancy test at the hospital (it was 1999) and they say it's inconclusive and give you a prescription for what they believe is inflammation of your stomach. Suspecting that you are truly with child, you adamantly refuse to get the prescription filled because you worry it could hurt your baby. Almost a week later, you find out you are truly pregnant after all, and the medicine would have done the baby harm.

While everyone else is struggling to remember where the car was parked, you calmly lead to the way to the parked car....When you weren't even present when it was parked.